yr 11 Exams when glasto 2011 is on !

Guest mifftas

Hi all , we are in a bit of a predicament my son and his mate are coming to glasto with us but he has just found out that his yr11 exams are from the beginning of june till the 29th june meaning he will have 2 exams on the friday 24th june 2011 and we dont know how he can get out of it as itll be his 1st glasto....any good suggestion will be of help as i dont want him to miss the exam but i want him to go to glasto ...cud we schedule the exam for another day ??? :unsure:

Unfortunately I don't think there is any chance for the exam to be rescheduled at all. I think the only choices are he does the exam or misses it and fails and then applies for a re-sit which I believe the earliest time that would be is January next year, but might be sooner. Sorry that this probably isn't what you want to hear, but GCSE exams have always been around this time of year and is usually luck of the draw as to when they actually are. They could always come down straight after the exams as at least they'd get most of the Friday and the rest of the weekend as a de-stresser from the exams.

Hi all , we are in a bit of a predicament my son and his mate are coming to glasto with us but he has just found out that his yr11 exams are from the beginning of june till the 29th june meaning he will have 2 exams on the friday 24th june 2011 and we dont know how he can get out of it as itll be his 1st glasto....any good suggestion will be of help as i dont want him to miss the exam but i want him to go to glasto ...cud we schedule the exam for another day ??? :unsure:

GCSE exams take priority. They can't be rescheduled, as that could give someone an unfair advantage, and the exam board sets that date nationwide. You mention that his exams finish on 29th June, does that mean he has more exams in the week after Glastonbury?

If so, then I would advise not going to Glastonbury at all, as he won't be able to revise whilst there, and is likely to be tired after partying all weekend, all of which will have a negative impact on the exam.

GCSEs are too important, and can have a knock on effect on future employment or higher education.

What a ridiculous question to ask.

Why did you not bother to check months ago on the exam board websites as to when his exams were going to be? You say that he has exams up till the 29th, he will be shattered after the festival.

Really irritates me that your priority is not his education. One of the reasons im not going this year is because my daughter has GCSE exams and I will be doing everything I possibly can to support her.

I read this title and thought why an earth would you take a child in their GCSE year to Glastonbury? I agree everyone else, exams take priority, glastonbury can wait.

I just cannot beleive you didn't even think that the exams would clash with GCSES :blink:

Edited by mj2004

My daughters exams finished on the tuesday before glasto last year. :) However it took me months to get the information from her teachers as to what exam boards were being used for each subject so i could check the timetables. In fact, if I remember correctly it wasn't until about this time last year that I managed finally to get the info from them!

So it is sometimes possible despite the fact it is their gcse year.

Edited by psychology

That's odd, I thought the GCSE exams finished a bit earlier than that. Back in my day (3 years ago) they did! *grumble grumble, kids today*

Yeah he can always go down there after his exam on the Friday. If he works hard and revises a lot in the next coming months then it is possible for him to not have to miss the festival completely (but only really recommended if he's studious). I had 2 exams on the Thursday and then 1 on the Tuesday after Glasto last year- went down Thursday afternoon, relaxed a bit and then revised in short bursts during the weekend (cue cards and questions mostly so I could revise when walking to another part of the site). Sucks to have to do but it worked for me- passed with flying colours.

Edited by sisterofmercy

• 4 weeks later...