Vaping

t8yman

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another question - would you gradually reduce the strength of whatever you're having to eventually give up nicotine, or are you planning to just keep 'smoking'?

There's been insufficient research conducted on its effects as a cessation device. The NHS are steering well clear. Could try though.

Finally got to have a go of mine this weekend, i've been ill with a throat infection and cough so there was no way i could try that, have to say very imprssed so far although i've only tried the ones supplied with it and the menthol ones that the wife wanted.

One of my vapourisers seems to be faulty already though so i'm going to get in touch with them as i think they have a 28 day warranty?

any flavours you'd recommend t8yman? i might try the vanilla next although it looks like it's out of stock

where else do you guys buy your e-liquid?

Edited by modey

Never heard of vaping either, till this thread.

What an eye-opener.

So thanks for all your words and links.

Got a Tornado Tank coming with a bottle of 36mg just in case. Hopefully bought my last 10 deck poverty pack this morning. No more stinking. No more angry man when "stopping"....again.

Still finding the terminology a little baffling regarding the juices/mixes on the various websites. Mucho reading still to do.

Please keep your experiences/ choices coming.B)

http://www.ivapour.co.uk/janty-e-liquid-2/janty-e-liquid-20ml.html

and

http://www.enjuice.co.uk/magento/

both were superb, had the juice within a couple of days.

i got black cherry and lemon from enjuice. the bc is a bit sweet, but the lemon is superb

discount code

ENjuice - UKV89 (5% discount)

cheers, i'll have a look at them

• 3 weeks later...

i'm thinking of starting this too help me cut down on the amount of weed i'm smoking...

it's not like i'm always stoned, but i dont like the taste of cigs, so i just smoke a spliff every time i get the craving for nicotine...

will this work?? what's the cheapest (but still nice) i can get away with? I usually smoke vanilla tobacco with blueberry green so i'm used to SWEEEEEET :P

:lol: I've been reading through the thread for the exact same reason Nightcrawler. I smoke quite a lot of weed I suppose, but half the problem is rolling a spliff when I get that nicotine craving. Being able to stay inside might just be what I'm looking for.

Does it smoke in any way? In so much as is there anything coming off it that might cause an angry barman to tell me I have to step outside?

hmmm, i'm thinking i may just get one, off to london next week for the girlfriends birthday for three days, which usually involves smoking my weight in tobacco and feeling like death for a week afterwards....

i bought one of these from the MEN Arena when we went to see Gorillaz, was completely black with a blue light, which i thought was quite cool, however i may just get the e-cig starter pack and then paint it so it doesn't look like a toy cig :P

so just to check, if i get that starter pack, all i will need from now on is to buy replacement juices, which i can get different flavours of??

if anyone with the know-how reads this today then please let me know, as i wanna get it ordered when i get home from work so i've got the thing for next wednesday! :D

hmmm, i'm thinking i may just get one, off to london next week for the girlfriends birthday for three days, which usually involves smoking my weight in tobacco and feeling like death for a week afterwards....

i bought one of these from the MEN Arena when we went to see Gorillaz, was completely black with a blue light, which i thought was quite cool, however i may just get the e-cig starter pack and then paint it so it doesn't look like a toy cig :P

so just to check, if i get that starter pack, all i will need from now on is to buy replacement juices, which i can get different flavours of??

if anyone with the know-how reads this today then please let me know, as i wanna get it ordered when i get home from work so i've got the thing for next wednesday! :D

The BLU cig is cool, but largely unavailable in the UK. As per starter pack.........

Edited by worm

To update on that deal:

They enrole you on a monthly subscription of £73 for ten refill cartridges. These cartridges have their own atomiser, which is brand new technology and have enough juice to last for at least 40 cigarettes (3X a normal cartridge). They also come with a warrantee that they'll never leak or be inconsistent. Nevertheless, £73 a month for a 10 pack is utter bollocks. You can get a ten pack in the UK for £20 plus P&P (even cheaper than in America!).

However, I've just phoned up to cancel my subscription explaining that it was due to the stupidly expensive nature of the product and not the quality. I told them I would be happy to order monthly from them, but the price was outrageous as I could get packs of 10 elsewhere for £20 plus P&P. They said they'd send my order for less than £20 including P&P. That's a f**king bargain.

If someone else tries the deal above (and I recommend it) would they see if they can get them for even cheaper when they cancel the subscription. If so, tell me and I'll have another go at reducing my bill.

:lol: I've been reading through the thread for the exact same reason Nightcrawler. I smoke quite a lot of weed I suppose, but half the problem is rolling a spliff when I get that nicotine craving. Being able to stay inside might just be what I'm looking for.

Does it smoke in any way? In so much as is there anything coming off it that might cause an angry barman to tell me I have to step outside?

A vapour comes out, but it's completely legal.

It looks like smoke, but dissipates very quickly.

skip to about 3:30 in that vid.

Ive "smoked" the same one in the vid in many pubs, never once been hassled by the staff. they can ask you to leave anyway, it all comes down to how you handle it. if you are subtle, or ask the landlord first, you should be OK.

Edited by t8yman

ordered!

should have it by monday apparently, so will be able to test it out whilst down in London...

my lungs love you my worm, provisionally

so is there a specific type of juice cartridge i should be looking for? i want to get some sweet candy like flavours, but i assume they come in different sizes and such :P

I'm loving my tornado tank, currently using a vanilla juice with it :D

Only problem i've had is one of the cartridges started to leak out of the end , have you had this happen t8yman ? how many times can they be re-filled?

I'm loving my tornado tank, currently using a vanilla juice with it :D

Only problem i've had is one of the cartridges started to leak out of the end , have you had this happen t8yman ? how many times can they be re-filled?

which end?

crawler did you order the tank? - I left some links earlier in the thread for juice. jantys RY4 is possibly the most popular juice in the country, it has a strangely hard to pin down flavour, but is sweet, kinda caramel vanilla flavour. you will need to try many different flavours beforte you find your faves, but I would definitely order a couple of 20ml RY4s.

Edited by t8yman

which end?

crawler did you order the tank? - I left some links earlier in the thread for juice. jantys RY4 is possibly the most popular juice in the country, it has a strangely hard to pin down flavour, but is sweet, kinda caramel vanilla flavour. you will need to try many different flavours beforte you find your faves, but I would definitely order a couple of 20ml RY4s.

i ordered the E-cig starter pack thing for £5 that worm posted, are the juice packs the same for those do you know? I really didnt want to spend that much money on it as i don't smoke a lot anyway, so to invest £50 seemed a bit madddddd :P

The end you put in your mouth

do a little investigation, strip the mouthpiece down and you will get a better understanding of how it works. its the "overflow" mechanism that is causing you the problem, I put up with that strong, bitter, horrible taste in my mouth a few times until I understood what was causing it. when you vape with it, hold it at a slight drop, and when you put it down, either put it down flat, or with the mouthpiece slightly inclined.

down the side of the tank are 2 slits, thats where the air flows, but also where any overflow will go if you tilt it up, that flowspace goes around the actual storage tank towards the mouthpiece. if you remove the end bit that your tongue touches (just nibble it gently) and then further in there is an oval plate with recesses in it - if overflow becomes too high for the recesses, it will end up in your mouth. remove the 2 small parts, rub em on a tshirt or cloth, and either tap or blow anything left inside the airflow chamber out, and reassemble - it will be fine. and if you remember not to raise the battery end - you shouldnt have the problem very often.

I bought 2 spare packs of 5 tanks, and still have most of them left. they will work indefinitely if you dont chew them. about once a week I strip em down completely and give them a rinse in cold water to restiffen them, and give them a rest for a coupla days. the one I am vaping right now has been in for over a week though. I havent chucked any away yet apart from one where I lost the recess plate.

Edited by t8yman