Hopes for Bella 2011

Guest buckie-ramones

Any body oot there like me with itchy feet for bella 11 already ?

The only roooomer ive heard or seen so far is manic street preachers ,which would do me just dandy if it comes true . Hope we get some good homegrown talent this year like We were promised jetpacks,The Twighlight Sad (again please )Frightened Rabbit and the ever wonderfull Teenage fanclub .It really is a crime that they have not graced the Tartan Heart yet !!! Some mates reckon Madness would go doon a hoot , think i agree as well.

The Village Disco mob were fantastic a few years back , love to see them back for some "born to be mild " tuneage.

C,mon folks give me some Bella talk ,am goin cold turkey !!!

Edited by buckie-ramones

Not sure but I think it was early April last year (I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let us know)*Tickets went on sale April 9th with the big announcement so I'm guessing around early April.

Wouldn't mind seeing

Eels, Ben Kweller, Ed Harcourt, Imogen Heap, Gil Scott Heron, My Latest Novel, The Charletons, Gillian Welsh, Metric, Mumfords, Paul Heaton, The Decemberests, The Maccabees, Tom McRae.

Smaller Local bands to play/return I wouldn't mind seeing Endor, Our Lunar Activities, L.E.D, Lightguides, Pareto, Woodenbox and a fistful of fivers, Penguins Kill Polarbears, BALLBOY!!!!!!!, Butcherboy, Admiral Fallow, Colin MacIntyre & the boy who trapped the sun.

Edited by theampersanddevil

aye flippin shattered , i recall you were somewhat put out by Ms macD .The levellers how ever put on a superb show along with Stornaway (them that sing that Japaneeese song ) I wonder if our friend from the Black Isle tent will be maakin as much profit from the two of us this year ? Do ye think Stiff Little Fingers would be oot o place at bella ? ..........course they widna!

Not sure but I think it was early April last year (I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will let us know)*Tickets went on sale April 9th with the big announcement so I'm guessing around early April.

Wouldn't mind seeing

Eels, Ben Kweller, Ed Harcourt, Imogen Heap, Gil Scott Heron, My Latest Novel, The Charletons, Gillian Welsh, Metric, Mumfords, Paul Heaton, The Decemberests, The Maccabees, Tom McRae.

Smaller Local bands to play/return I wouldn't mind seeing Endor, Our Lunar Activities, L.E.D, Lightguides, Pareto, Woodenbox and a fistful of fivers, Penguins Kill Polarbears, BALLBOY!!!!!!!, Butcherboy, Admiral Fallow, Colin MacIntyre & the boy who trapped the sun.

I hope that it is as good an experience as our first one was last year. The kids had a ball and I managed to catch most of the music I was after, though missed the Levellers and Dick Gaughan sadly.

I doubt The Decemberists will be there, though that would be amazing. I am going to see them in Glasgow in March as they tour to promote The King Is Dead, so I imagine they'll be touring Europe/US after that.

As for who I'd like to see... difficult to say. Oyster Band would be good. Mumford, Noah and the Whale... Roddy Woomble. That Petrol Emotion would be a personal little sweetener. Frightened Rabbit, Eeels, Malcolm Middleton.... lots of options. Looking forward to it already and excitement tangibly rose when the tickets arrived on Saturday.

Saw Gomez in Edinburgh Nov 09. They suffered from needing a bigger stage, so Bella would be perfect. I think they hang around the US too much these days, but would be a terrific set.

Interesting to hear how folk think last year's lineup was poor. Makes me look forward to this year even more with that in mind.

Saw Gomez in Edinburgh Nov 09. They suffered from needing a bigger stage, so Bella would be perfect. I think they hang around the US too much these days, but would be a terrific set.

Interesting to hear how folk think last year's lineup was poor. Makes me look forward to this year even more with that in mind.

Where in Edinburgh was it? I've seen them a fair few times and I have always enjoyed them.

I'd think The View would be in with a chance of playing, Glasvegas I'm not really sure about and Kassidy have played the last 2 years and I would imagine given the decent crowds they got at bella and the gigs at the qmu they would get a nicer slot if they do.

I think the general thoughts of most last year was that it was a poor line up, myself included , howiver , i thought last year was the best Bella to date ,the crack was good the weather top of the pops and it sold out .Levellers and stornaway were outstanding .For me ,the festival gets better every year ,good to see stuff added like mothers ruin stage a couple o years ago and a few extra wee bars etc.The fitba stadium for the geets was a great addition also.

A comedy tent or stage would be a good addition .

Fit wid abody else like added to Bella ?