Will EOTR suit my wife?

Guest cortezuk

I have never been to EOTR but have been wavering over the last few years. My wife and I go to Glastonbury each year - me for the music and she for good organic food and the healing fields. This year my wife can't make Glastonbury due to daughters' GCSEs. So should we go to EOTR? it meets my musical tastes but clearly it is much smaller - will my wife find it enough to make it an enjoyable weekend?? Can anyone advise?

The food choice at EOTR is excellant, she certainly won't be dissapointed if she likes the Glaso type foods. There's a great selection including a lot of veggie stuff.

In terms of things to do, obviously it is a lot more limited compared to glastonbury but there is a great selection of non-musical stuff to do. Whether there's enough to keep her happy for the whole weekend I can't say.

As Matt says, it's obviously a lot smaller.... but there's nice woods to wander round, comedy, film, croquet, scrabble, obviously bands ;) . Great food. There is a small healing field but I've never sampled the wares!!

Lots of friendly people too, usually happy for random chats :)

Hi Cortez

Firstly, I'm sure YOU would love EOTR. It's a wonderful festival for music, especially the numerous new discoveries that you get. Re: your wife, I'm not so sure and I think it's very important to be honest! It is NOT a big festival. It is NOT a multi-arts festival in any sense like Glastonbury or, on a smaller but very diverse scale, somewhere like Latitude. If I wasn't so into the music, I don't think there would be enough for me at EOTR for a whole 3 days, and I also love looking at lots of other stuff at Latitude where there is still masses of music. So I would be cautious to say without reservation that your wife would be so happy there. Saying that, why not take the opportunity to get her into loads of new music by experimenting with all the announcements for EOTR!!

Failing that, and notwithstanding the slightly atypical 'yoof' feel of last year's Latitude, I wonder if as a compromise Latitude 2011 might tick all the boxes for both of you? Even with the Florence/Vampire Weekend/XX profile of the headliners last year, there was still lots of non-mainstream music that you would no doubt enjoy...

Ben

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and advice - really appreciate you taking the time and your honest assessment.

I get enough mainstream music at Glastonbury (but just can't give it up after so many years!) so EOTR really appeals to me as it is just so on my musical fault-line! I am going to take a punt and go for it and hope that good weather and plenty of massages will keep Fiona chilled whilst I explore the vibes and seek out new tastes. See you all there

hi cortezuk - my thoughts are too late to influence your decision, but i think it is a decent one.

the quality of the food on offer was great, and there were three or four different massage styles on offer near the woods cafe which all seemed very nicely set out.

also, one other thing to consider with EOTR which I wouldn't even think about now for latitude (and obviously would never have considered for glastonbury) is how easy it is to get on and off site for a day. it would be pretty easy (say) to have a day out in salisbury. i'm trying that one on my wife, with no success yet mind!

Edited by riverlodge

I have never been to EOTR but have been wavering over the last few years. My wife and I go to Glastonbury each year - me for the music and she for good organic food and the healing fields. This year my wife can't make Glastonbury due to daughters' GCSEs. So should we go to EOTR? it meets my musical tastes but clearly it is much smaller - will my wife find it enough to make it an enjoyable weekend?? Can anyone advise?