Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

14 hours ago, charlierc said:

I'm genuinely in two minds as to whether its too soon to book 2021 gigs with any certainty tbh. Hopefully it'll all be good.

Do you have to buy them now as the vast majority aren't going to sell out anytime soon. Just wait and see.

I can't wait for gigs to start up again.

10 hours ago, jump said:

Do you have to buy them now as the vast majority aren't going to sell out anytime soon. Just wait and see.

I can't wait for gigs to start up again.

Certainly I'm happy for them to come back in a proper form, rather than the weirdness drive-ins will be. But yeah I agree wait & see might well be the best approach.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I saw Jack White live in London last night playing live from Damien Hirst's building balcony while I'm stood outside of Third Man Records London. One of the most bonkers live sets i've ever seen, one I'll never forget!

I think Damien Hirst is a prick but that does sound like mad fun. Was this a ticketed event or something? Jack White in London would normally be on my radar.

27 minutes ago, jump said:

I think Damien Hirst is a prick but that does sound like mad fun. Was this a ticketed event or something? Jack White in London would normally be on my radar.

He opened Third Man Records London yesterday, I was in line for 6 hours to see the store but the first 40 people in line got tickets to a show in the store then after that he went across to DH's building to do a 5 set show from the balcony. It wasn't announced but rumours were circulating all day that he was going to do some sort of secret show (he's pretty well known for this all the way back to the The White Stripes days)

Edited by WS_Jack_III

Just now, WS_Jack_III said:

He opened Third Man Records London yesterday, I was in line for 6 hours to see the store but the first 40 people in line got tickets to a show in the store then after that he went across to DH's building to do a 5 set show from the balcony. It wasn't announced but rumours were circulating all day that he was going to do some sort of secret show (he's pretty well known for this all the way back to the The White Stripes days)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwAehP16q-I&t=181s

Fuck, I remembering hearing about his store opening and that could happen but then just forgot about it afterwards.

Also what the fuck is going on with his hair?

Don't know if this is a sign of conflicted attitudes but I totted up I have tickets to 9 shows between now and July while still feeling uneasy about being in crowds. Unless the plan is to spend all of them at the back in the sparsest populated bit possible. Probably over-thinking it. But I'll see.

A part of me thinks I possibly caught covid in February 2020 from the last show I attended but never got a test to know for sure so I guess that doesn't help.

On 10/3/2021 at 12:25 PM, charlierc said:

Don't know if this is a sign of conflicted attitudes but I totted up I have tickets to 9 shows between now and July while still feeling uneasy about being in crowds. Unless the plan is to spend all of them at the back in the sparsest populated bit possible. Probably over-thinking it. But I'll see.

A part of me thinks I possibly caught covid in February 2020 from the last show I attended but never got a test to know for sure so I guess that doesn't help.

I got back into it really quickly - only done two indoor ones, with one being seated at a big arena. I barely even thought about it when i was there which surprised me. Loads of outdoor ones over summer but I had zero worries about those 

Way I see it is, covid isn't going away, so it's a hurdle everyone will have to get over eventually (or not, but the gigs will still be going on hopefully, though maybe not continuously).

I eased off buying tickets for over the winter, apart from a couple of rescheduled ones, mainly because of concerns of them getting rescheduled or cancelled again. 

Wolf Alice are playing my birthday week though so if gigs are happening then, I'll definitely be onto that 

Edited by efcfanwirral

8 hours ago, efcfanwirral said:

I got back into it really quickly - only done two indoor ones, with one being seated at a big arena. I barely even thought about it when i was there which surprised me. Loads of outdoor ones over summer but I had zero worries about those 

Way I see it is, covid isn't going away, so it's a hurdle everyone will have to get over eventually (or not, but the gigs will still be going on hopefully, though maybe not continuously).

I eased off buying tickets for over the winter, apart from a couple of rescheduled ones, mainly because of concerns of them getting rescheduled or cancelled again. 

Wolf Alice are playing my birthday week though so if gigs are happening then, I'll definitely be onto that 

Different people were always gonna go at different paces. I'm yet to go back to any show, and the cases from Boardmasters didn't help my mood. I guess it's difficult really - I don't think we can either afford to eliminate covid or live with it, which makes both kind of a downer. But it is what it is.

In any case I have stuff booked from November onwards. So I guess I'm going to have to figure it out one way or another.

1 hour ago, charlierc said:

Different people were always gonna go at different paces. I'm yet to go back to any show, and the cases from Boardmasters didn't help my mood. I guess it's difficult really - I don't think we can either afford to eliminate covid or live with it, which makes both kind of a downer. But it is what it is.

In any case I have stuff booked from November onwards. So I guess I'm going to have to figure it out one way or another.

What size venue is the first one?

44 minutes ago, charlierc said:

Less than 400. Mate's band at a club in London. Tbf I wanted to go to smaller stuff first to build up being back around people in such a place.

Wolf Alice is the first big thing in mid-January.

Sounds like a sensible move! I honestly think you'll be fine after the first one. And if you drink then a couple of pints at a normal pub before you go into the gig sounds like the plan to me! 

• 2 weeks later...

Currently DMA's next week and rescheduled Bryan Adams next July and Alanis Morisette whenever/if it ever gets a new date. 

Trying to get Holly Humberstone tickets for Thursday in Manchester but it's such a small venue I wouldn't expect to manage it. Will just book when she inevitably announces a new tour 

Oh and Coldplay but thats so long away! 

Edited by efcfanwirral

• 4 months later...

Been a quiet thread, for obvious reasons!

Anyway got my first standing gig since December 2018 and only 2nd one since then!

Placebo intimate album launch show at Islington Assembly Hall on the 31st March!

Can't wait for it and the new album 😁

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...