• Vox - Portland Arms, Cambridge
  • Friendly Fires - Waterfront, Norwich
  • The music of Stranger Things - Barbican, London
  • Public Service Broadcasting - Corn Exchange, Cambridge
  • October Drift - Portland Arms, Cambridge
  • Handmade Festival - Leicester
  • Rolling Stones - London Stadium
  • Gaz Coombes - Palladium, London
  • The The - Rescue Rooms, Nottingham / Royal Albert Hall / Brixton Academy / Troxy
  • A-ha (shh!) - Cambridge Utd football ground
  • Nine Inch Nails - Royal Festival Hall, London
  • The Cure - Hyde Park, London
  • Flaming Lips - Junction, Cambridge
  • Standon Calling Festival
  • They Might be Giants - Junction, Cambridge
  • Mew - Barbican, London
  • John Williams - Royal Albert Hall, London

Yep, just worked out why I am constantly skint!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Off to NF at Kentish Town tonight with my son.

Last of my xmas presents of - I will come and see a gig with each of my family (and pay of course).

He is a big NF fan even before the perception album, me not much so should be interesting. Not been to a rap/hip hop gig with this type of rapping so should be interesting. I bet I am the oldest there as I was at the midnight screening of Infinity Wars that I took him to.

Not looking forward to the drive to London and back though. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jeff Beck tomorrow. I mean tonight. It's not tomorrow until I've been to bed.

Must go to bed. Jeff Beck tomorrow. I mean tonight.

Only found out today (I mean yesterday) that it's an outdoor gig. Hope the weather's nice.

Intend to spend some time at either the V&A ot the Saatchi as they're in the vicinity, and free, and I will have time to kill.

Anyone else here going?

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, feral chile said:

Saw Psychedelic Furs on Wednesday. It was my first night out for ages, and on a school night.

Did me the world of good, sat up in the balcony with a perfect view.

how were they?

I saw them a couple of years ago in The Fleece (Bristol), a lovely small venue - and they were great, played plenty of their earlier stuff (and not too much from the too-smooth Mirror Moves). :)

(also saw them headline Glasto in 1986).

Edited by eFestivals

6 hours ago, eFestivals said:

how were they?

I saw them a couple of years ago in The Fleece (Bristol), a lovely small venue - and they were great, played plenty of their earlier stuff (and not too much from the too-smooth Mirror Moves). :)

(also saw them headline Glasto in 1986).

My friend, who is a fan, thought the sound quality wasn't good, and too reminiscent of Bowie, which made it bitter sweet for her.  I loved them though.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Jack White tonight and tomorrow at Hammersmith. I proper need it too after a shitty month!

I'm seeing Jack White tonight too, as England are playing it means loads of people are selling their tixs so I managed to get two tixs for £25.

Just now, WS_Jack_III said:

Also he wasn't on stage until 9:15 last night so I might try and catch some of the match. 

I'm doing the same thing, I'm skipping the support act to see the game in the nearest pub but my worry is every pub near the venue will be rammed.

How was he last night? Is he still doing songs from White Stripes and his other bands?

5 hours ago, jump said:

I'm doing the same thing, I'm skipping the support act to see the game in the nearest pub but my worry is every pub near the venue will be rammed.

How was he last night? Is he still doing songs from White Stripes and his other bands?

It was good but the mic mix was awful to start with. He did pretty much all my faves of his. No Raconteurs songs but 'Cut Like a Buffalo' and a fair few stripes. Did 'Same boy you've always known' all on his own which was great. 

Loved the visuals and there's a countdown video that is quite funny. 

11 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Well Jack White was about 10x better tonight than last night. Fantastic show.

Blimey - Wednesday must've been a bit shit then.

I thought there were flashes of brilliance and the encore run of tunes excellent, but it just seemed too jumpy to me. He seems to suck the musicality out of the tunes. Overall, good but .... and at £55 .... come on now.

35 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Blimey - Wednesday must've been a bit shit then.

I thought there were flashes of brilliance and the encore run of tunes excellent, but it just seemed too jumpy to me. He seems to suck the musicality out of the tunes. Overall, good but .... and at £55 .... come on now.

He played more of my faves songs on wed but there was something up with his mic mix. Has tech issues again last night but I just thought it was overall much better. 

Everyone charges 60 quid now.

1 hour ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Are you referring to him playing a song then stopping halfway through and playing another then jumping back to the first song?

Yeah - the songs were all over the place. I'm old and I like a tune where I have some idea where it's going. However, it was quite enjoyable watching the rhythm section desperately watching him to try and work out where he was going next. 

53 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Yeah - the songs were all over the place. I'm old and I like a tune where I have some idea where it's going. However, it was quite enjoyable watching the rhythm section desperately watching him to try and work out where he was going next. 

That's standard Jack White, he's done this since The White Stripes.