Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

3 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

That good? That's good news!

Saw them daytime Holts and evening Park last few years and loved both, but the Park was better for me. 

I agree, and I think that's mainly down to the setting; darker, more intimate. This gig was the same just better.

Also, the final run of songs was brilliant. I won't spoil that for you though.

Taking my daughter to see Show of Hands in Cardiff at the start of November to give her a night off from the twins.

SoH are still one of my favourite bands yet Charlie has managed until now to escape being dragged to see them.

Also got the Saw Doctors, one of the great festival bands, at the end of November.

Car Seat Headrest tickets bought this morning for the end of Smarch (fingers crossed the weather isn't lousy).

Not exactly local, but a good reason to go to Leeds (where I've never been to before) for the weekend. I never had a chance of seeing them when they were on at 11:00am at Glasto this year. Glad to be putting that right. Album of the year, for me.

Glass Animals a couple of weeks before should be great as well.

7 hours ago, russycarps said:

khruangbin in islington tomorrow. Cant wait! Small venue with good sound, the bassist is dreamy, good selection of pubs nearby. Perfect gig

I think I saw these supporting Father John Misty earlier in the year. If I'm thinking of the right band then not what id usually go for but really really good stuff. Love a good unexpectedly great support band.

2 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I think I saw these supporting Father John Misty earlier in the year. If I'm thinking of the right band then not what id usually go for but really really good stuff. Love a good unexpectedly great support band.

Yep that's the band. Real good chilled vibe. They were at Glastonbury twice this year, park stage openers and, bafflingly, in the dance village too! Great times

32 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Yep that's the band. Real good chilled vibe. They were at Glastonbury twice this year, park stage openers and, bafflingly, in the dance village too! Great times

Aw, I regret not clocking them now. Although all my openers for each day were quite rightly occupied at West Holts (actually made time for Car Seat Headrest before Anna Meredith on the Saturday though) and my travels rarely took me by the dance village; I'm a creature of West Holts and surrounding parishes you know.

13 hours ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Aw, I regret not clocking them now. Although all my openers for each day were quite rightly occupied at West Holts (actually made time for Car Seat Headrest before Anna Meredith on the Saturday though) and my travels rarely took me by the dance village; I'm a creature of West Holts and surrounding parishes you know.

Jels. No way I was awake early enough for that. How were they?

13 hours ago, big__phil said:

Jels. No way I was awake early enough for that. How were they?

I had as good a time as a man can have when he's forced himself out of bed at the ungodly hour of 11am at Glastonbury. They were pretty much how you'd expect, very solid sound and tunes, but a half an hour early shift doesn't really give anybody much room to be anything more than decent. I expect they'll be a really good night out for their own gigs, and I hope tickets don't sell out before I can get in a position where they're a justifiable purchase for me. I don't regret sacrificing the first song of Anna Meredith's set for them, and she was an overall weekend highlight.

just booked to see John Cale do The Velvet Underground & Nico in May. probably wouldn't have bothered if it was anywhere else but it being in Liverpool and such a rarity forced my hand - would be silly not to go. he better not go announcing a bunch more shows! interested to see what guests he brings out

On 10/29/2016 at 8:04 PM, zero000 said:

James Blake with Mark Pritchard supporting tomorrow. Should be great, shame it's on a Sunday and in Bristol Academy

Sounds like a fun night (despite the venue), enjoy!

I'll be in Bristol on Friday for Local Natives. My first proper gig in Motion (been there on plenty of club nights), so not sure what to expect really. Anyone seen a gig in there before?

8 hours ago, big__phil said:

Sounds like a fun night (despite the venue), enjoy!

I'll be in Bristol on Friday for Local Natives. My first proper gig in Motion (been there on plenty of club nights), so not sure what to expect really. Anyone seen a gig in there before?

It was pretty great, if a little self indulgent at times.

Weirdly I'm going there tonight to watch Nao. I saw Wild Beasts in there and they use the Marble Factory side for gigs (the 2nd room without the balcony). Pretty decent sound and plenty of space, I'd take it over the academy, 100 times over!

14 hours ago, zero000 said:

Weirdly I'm going there tonight to watch Nao. I saw Wild Beasts in there and they use the Marble Factory side for gigs (the 2nd room without the balcony). Pretty decent sound and plenty of space, I'd take it over the academy, 100 times over!

Good gig? Plenty of love for her album in these forums!

To be fair, standing outside the academy staring at a wall and listening through the fire escape can often be a better experience than being in the academy.

11 hours ago, big__phil said:

Good gig? Plenty of love for her album in these forums!

To be fair, standing outside the academy staring at a wall and listening through the fire escape can often be a better experience than being in the academy.

Yeah it was pretty enjoyable. Not the type of gig I would usually go to, so it was quite refreshing to go and watch some new R&B!

Paul Simon was absolutely sensational in Manchester tonight. One of the best shows I've seen in ages. His band are incredible, he's still full of eeneg, absolutely relishing being on stage, his voice is really really strong, and he's got the best fucking arsenal of tunes in the game. That was a proper feelgood party set, it's begging out to be taken to festivals. Whichever UK fest bags him to headline has my money, no questions asked.