Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

We listing?

Joanna Newsom @ Liverpool Phil 1st March

looking for tickets to Funeral For A Friend's Hours or Casually Dressed shows in Manchester in April, none thus far

Father John Misty @ Manchester Albert Hall 13 May

Neil Young @ Leeds Arena June

The Cure + The Twilight Sad @ Manchester Arena November

Glastonbury, Latitude, probably End Of The Road

Uncommonly sparse year for me, lot of the festival line-ups looking a bit drab for my tastes also. I'm seeing Die Ring Des Nibelungen at the Lowry in June, so I'll throw that in for good measure.

Our original Glasto Gang plus new members, who will be with us for the first time this year, will be having a get together meal plus partners before an evening seeing Limehouse Lizzy at The Globe in Cardiff this Saturday.

For those who've not seen them, Limehouse Lizzy fall into the first division of tribute bands who've been around long enough to be considered an act in their own right.

5 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Not to sound like Uncle Monty but ones ambition ceases when you start going to gigs on your own.

Bobbins I say! It's all part of life's rich pageant. Maybe I traded my ambitions to see Sufjan Stevens, Young Fathers, Sleater-Kinney, Owen Pallett, The Twilight Sad, Joanna Newsom, The Rolling Stones, Sharon Van Etten, 65daysofstatic, Flying Lotus, but I'd do it all again!

10 hours ago, DomDom1984 said:

Enter Shikari brought it tonight. Tremendous set and a wild crowd. 

I'm off to see them in Nottingham tomorrow night and I am so excited for it. How we're The Wonder Years? They're one of my favourite bands and truth be told I think I'm a little more excited for them than Shikari themselves :P 

Shikari's setlist looks like a banger. Glad to see Arguing With Thermometers back in there! Although, I'm really put out at the lack of The Appeal & The Mindsweep I. 

Foals were stunning (as always :P) at Wembley! The new songs sound so good live! (I say new ...it was last September the latest album came out!). Their set design was brilliant to, not to over the top but enough to add to the show! 

Its a real shame the rest of the lineup at Reading has been shit so far or I'd got my ticket to see them there already!!

Is anyone else going to the Creeper tour starting tonight? I'm going to the Peterborough date which is a venue that holds 200 people! 

I haven't been fully on board the hype train surrounding Creeper until now, but their new EP 'The Stranger' is incredible. Like, seriously, its as good as rock music gets. They're going places fast. 

Edited by Andre91

Well Marina and the Diamonds were just brilliant as usual, bit unsure about splitting the show into the 3 albums...but it kind of worked. She's so underated, put on an absolutely great show.

Also the Roundhouse now has a very decent IPA (I think Camden Town Brewery but I am not 100% sure)

14 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Well Marina and the Diamonds were just brilliant as usual, bit unsure about splitting the show into the 3 albums...but it kind of worked. She's so underated, put on an absolutely great show.

Also the Roundhouse now has a very decent IPA (I think Camden Town Brewery but I am not 100% sure)

Feel like a right dickhead for not going to the one in Manchester the other night. Completely forgot to ever get tickets.

Bombskare on top form in Glasgow last night followed by some great tunes from Neville Staples DJ set :music:

Most enthusiastic and energetic horn section your ever likely to see and always something quite comforting to be in a packed out room full of people skanking along to the beat :)

Edited by comfortablynumb1910
£3.50 for an ice cold can of Red Stripe.

I can't believe how much i've sloped off going to gigs at the moment.

I just haven't had time for them in ages.

Saw Enter Shikari in Glasgow on Thursday, and i've got Wolf Alice coming up, that aside, apart for the Roses, Springsteen and the Manics, i've got nothing. So unlike Bobby Circa 2-3 years ago.

seeing Bill Ryder-Jones in Liverpool on Thursday. usually not my thing at all and it took some convincing from my friend that i should check the new album out (hearing 'ex member of The Coral didn't fill me with hope) but it's fucking brilliant and i'm stoked to see him

also booked to see Father John Misty in Liverpool couple of weeks after Glastonbury. was fantastic at last years festival and is an exclusive for Latitude so would quite fancy to see him again before he inevitably becomes huge