Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

After seeing Editors at T in 2013 and thinking they were a bit shit, I seen them tonight at the Academy in Glasgow and had no idea what to expect. They were amazing. Thought the stuff from the debut sounded out of place, but not to say it was bad. Just sounded odd compared to the bigger sounding stuff. The new stuff sounded exceptional, apart from "Forgiveness" which I actually thought was a bit shit. Mentions to "Sugar", "The Racing Rats", "Nothing" and "Papillon" as well.

The Twilight Sad in support were excellent.

Belle & Sebastian "cozy warm-up gig " at the Alhambra Dunfermline. Nov 1

300 yards from my house :)

Nice one. Caught them in June. Brilliant scenes.

Just had a peak to see if they were playing anywhere handy for me but it looks like they are only doing places of culture....It`s Dunfermline, Barcelona, Lisbon, Madrid....

Enjoy :)

Nice one. Caught them in June. Brilliant scenes.

Just had a peak to see if they were playing anywhere handy for me but it looks like they are only doing places of culture....It`s Dunfermline, Barcelona, Lisbon, Madrid....

Enjoy :)

they're playing Glasgow Clyde auditorium 2nd Nov in a fundraiser for refugees. With Mogwai, Franz Ferdinand, Jim Kerr etc ...that's what they're warming up for. Hoping some of these might turn  up at warm up gig.

Saw Swim Deep on Sunday (and felt reeeeeally old compared to the rest of the crowd!) and Twilight Sad/Editors last next who were both excellent! Future gigs for me are now:

Nov - Garbage, Mik Artistik!, Maccabees, Heavenly 25th gig with Wytches/NOTS/Britain and Primal Scream DJing

Dec - Jaws, Gaz Coombes, Mew

Jan - Daughter

Feb - John Grant, They Might Be Giants, Hinds

:D

Edited by cdm22

Next Tuesday is Motley Crue with Alice Cooper supporting.

Crue's last ever tour, contracts signed in blood to ensure none of them ever go on the road using the name again. I know many find them laughable but one of the bands of my youth and I'll be sorry to see them go.

Supposedly a great show though, all the hits, few old fan favourites, pyro frenzy, drum kit on a rollacoaster... can't wait.