Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

I'm going to see a David bowie cover band tonight against my better judgement

I've a feeling it could be horrific

Ah cover bands can be a bit of fun but I think you have to get wasted and just singalong and dont be too critical of the musicianship. Kinda like an actual Stone Roses gig ;)

Nearly April...............I cant not wait. I have been waiting for this month for a while now. Jon Hopkins in Brixton at his last show of this tour and Godspeed You Black Emperor in Dublin.

Stranglers still marching on last week. Snarled and kicked their way through the first 5/6 songs before golden brown and skin deep etc. Sounded great and clearly loving it. 1200 packed in and blokes old enough to know better crowd surfing! At one point they had to ask folk at the front to calm down as people were getting kicked in the head. Played for 2 hours and finished on peaches and heroes.Great scenes and loudest bass I've heard in years.

Vintage trouble tonight in glasgow :-)

I am kloot tomorrow.

Twilight Sad next Friday followed by a trip over Hadrian's wall to see Nick Cave on the Sunday.

And I'm skint - but hey ho.

you're sticking with i am kloot huh? I had to ditch them after guy garvey came along as producer and smeared his bullshit all over the place.

A shame, as their first 4 albums are well ace.

I will be seeing them Sat in Dublin. Cant wait.

Any idea what support act (if any) they have with

them?

BTW that new tune "Piss crowns are trebled" is an absolute belter. I really hope they play it...........

Just got back. I'm not sure who the support act but it was one guy who did like drone sort of stuff, pretty cool actually.

I don't really know where Godspeed has left me, it was an incredible experience but I was an emotional wreck for a large part of the gig. One of the most surreal live music experiences I've ever had. I'll have to think it over again in the morning I think. One thing I can say though is it was fantastic musically, seriously fucking brilliant. Hope you enjoy them.

Albert Hall is a really great venue, looking forward to seeing SFA and Ride there next month.

Unexpectedly got tickets for Brand New in Manchester in September. Was expecting it to have sold out when I moseyed onto the website at half 9 but instead picked up 2 tickets very easily. Just need a compliant baby by then...

Just got back. I'm not sure who the support act but it was one guy who did like drone sort of stuff, pretty cool actually.

I don't really know where Godspeed has left me, it was an incredible experience but I was an emotional wreck for a large part of the gig. One of the most surreal live music experiences I've ever had. I'll have to think it over again in the morning I think. One thing I can say though is it was fantastic musically, seriously fucking brilliant. Hope you enjoy them.

Albert Hall is a really great venue, looking forward to seeing SFA and Ride there next month.

Feel a right clot for passing up on GY!BE but in the end the finances just wouldn't permit it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. My next visit there will be Nils Frahm in May!

Managed to waltz through gigsandtours this morning to buy 2 tickets to Brand New at AllyPally, much easier than yesterday's clusterfuck and a much better venue, so that's my sister's birthday present sorted just in time.

Feel a right clot for passing up on GY!BE but in the end the finances just wouldn't permit it. Glad to hear you enjoyed it. My next visit there will be Nils Frahm in May!

Ahh man sorry about that, it was fantastic. I feel I may be in your position after thag Nils Frahm gig though, money's too tight for me to afford it but I reckon it'll be special that.

Got George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic in Glasgow on Thursday :music:

Came home tonight to an electronic answerphone message on the house phone telling me to get there early as they will play for anything between 1.5-2.5 hours and maybe more !!!!

The venue has a 10pm curfew ( it turns into a club ) and they don`t want folk to miss out :)

I have no idea where they got my home phone number :dontknow: but nice gesture.

My mate bought the new double live album while we were there. Would definitely recommend - and this from a non (soon to be) fan.

Best gig where I know nothing I've ever been to I think

good stuff I will have a look at that album.

I have met john bramwell a couple of times when I lived up north as my friend was good friends with him. He's a nice bloke. His solo stuff is good too, but impossible to track down nowadays (even some of the early i am kloot albums are hard to find!). He did an album with brian glancy too, the fella who died and who elbow dedicated the seldom seen kid too (he was that kid).