Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Placebo were good, not amazing last night. I've seen them probably 9 or 10 times. That was in the bottom half of their best performances. For a band with waning relevance - forcing the new album (almost in its entirety) is unnecessary, especially when you have a back catalogue as staggering as they do.

If they did actually do a 20 year anniversary "greatest hits" tour, it would immediately go down in history as the best tour by any band ever.

6.5/10

Glasgow responded pretty well to the new stuff.

As did Edinburgh, but definitely notice the crowd mood/dynamic increased when the older stuff was played.

Anyway working Idlewild tonight, looking forward to it.

Brilliant to see them back touring again :)

Agreed - here's hoping that they play a venue near to us real soon!

Was lucky enough to work (and see) both gigs this weekend :)

Anyway back to earth with a bump tonight, working at Markus Feehily who is apparently some singer from Westlife?

Tomorrow working at Clean Bandit, looking forward to that.

Then on Wednesday am off to a small bar in Glasgow, where my mates band Rumour Cubes are playing who are from London, so will be good to catch up with her... and they are brilliant so check them out!

And on Thursday, am off to the Royal Concert Hall for the Underworld gig to see them do ‘Dubnobasswithmyheadman’

Should be a cracking busy week :)

Seen Will Butler last night, he was brilliant.

Will do list of bands I've seen when get home.

Honeyblood and Hector Bezerk tonight I reckon

I see Hector Bizerk is one of the main acts announced for Kelburn Garden Party this year. Saw him there a few of years back when he was starting out. Not really my thing but I enjoyed it and will go back to see him higher up this year. Good luck to him.

Are there any Mancunians not Musing it tomorrow night and heading to Warpaint at the Apollo?

If it wasn't a Sunday I'd be all over it, also it'd mean 5 nights out back to back, which might mean I die before reaching Sleater-Kinney on Tuesday. Great live band, though, enjoy yourself, wish I could see it.

Just this morning bought a presale ticket for Of Monsters And Men at The Forum in June :)

Other than that, I think I only have tickets for Showhawk Duo tomorrow night, Wolf Alice and Sharon Van Etten next month, and Kylie at Newmarket Races! Oh, and Mew in May. Oh, and Mik Artistik in London in May too!

Edited by cdm22