Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

lykke li tonight! Cant wait. I love her.

stings daughter is the support apparently, Is she any good? Or should I stay in the pub getting tanked up?

My mate is her only fan in the world, he's very excited to see her, I'm less than enthused (the last time was enough). Be careful how tanked up you get, I was pished out of my mind at Latitude, the woman took advantage of my fragile state and broke me into an emotional wreck. Keep a stiff upper lip.

Just looking at some of jack White's and James' recent setlist.

Looks like another great week coming up.

James Saturday, more excited about Carter USM Friday though.

Trip back to my college days when I had hair and not a beer belly..

Edited by thetime

Agree with that. I got out of a sick bed for it and was well worth it. Dance, Dance, Dance was a majestic closer.

Didn't see that astonishing rendition of Dance Dance Dance coming, the set was brilliant all the way through, but that was on a whole different level. Cover of Fleetwood sodding Mac was a waste of a song though, zoned out for that. I was utterly in rapture during I Follow Rivers, nearly had to pinch myself. I was a little disappointed she didn't do Heart of Steel, but it seems like she can perform any single track from her back catalogue so well, that you can't really see her and dwell too much on the omissions, whatever she plays will be worth seeing.

Erm no. See Taylor Swift actually sells a fuckton of albums and is a big live draw. Lykke Li was playing in a 2,000 venue in Manchester. Like it or not, there's much more of a case for Taylor Swift headlining Glastonbury than there is for Lykke Li doing so.

EDIT: That was aimed at russy btw.

Edited by DomDom1984

Erm no. See Taylor Swift actually sells a fuckton of albums and is a big live draw. Lykke Li was playing in a 2,000 venue in Manchester. Like it or not, there's much more of a case for Taylor Swift headlining Glastonbury than there is for Lykke Li doing so.

EDIT: That was aimed at russy btw.

Well of course lykke li won't be headlining, I never said she would.

She would put on a much better show than taylor shitty swift if she did though.

Damn maybe she is just doing short sets this tour then. She is by far the best solo female artist around at the moment I reckon. It will sicken me if Taylor swift gets the Glastonbury headline gig ahead of her.

I make you right about the concert being a waste, we got a bloody Rianna one!

You been on the sauce, Russy? That last sentence is very confusing.

Just checked on the London setlist, count yourself lucky you only got one shit cover, we had the same one as you did, and then the Fleetwood Mac bollocks. I would have loved to see her do Love Me Like I'm Not Made Of Stone and Heart Of Steel, but at the same time Dance Dance Dance was just wonderful. You're right about her being one of the best solo artists around at the moment, even the mighty St Vincent isn't doing shows that are this good, hopefully Sharon Van Etten will give her a good run for her money on Monday week though.