Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Think you're right - seems to be all about America for some reason.

Just seem Bipolar Sunshine are playing The Ritz in October so will book to see them. Didn't catch them at Glastonbury but gotten into them since then

You'll have to report back here in terms of how the Ritz is these days after that gig, I've been less than impressed by silly overcrowding/overheating and belligerent security in the past few years, so I've avoided it for a year. I now have tickets to see Metronomy there in December, truth be told, I wish they'd have played the far better Albert Hall instead, I imagine this is one that will sell out, so I'm a bit worried for how many warm bodies will be crammed in like tinned fish, everybody in their winter woollies and radiating heat. People having to step outside the Ritz to cool down during a big gig is a story I'm very used to hearing now.

You'll have to report back here in terms of how the Ritz is these days after that gig, I've been less than impressed by silly overcrowding/overheating and belligerent security in the past few years, so I've avoided it for a year. I now have tickets to see Metronomy there in December, truth be told, I wish they'd have played the far better Albert Hall instead, I imagine this is one that will sell out, so I'm a bit worried for how many warm bodies will be crammed in like tinned fish, everybody in their winter woollies and radiating heat. People having to step outside the Ritz to cool down during a big gig is a story I'm very used to hearing now.

I thought Metronomy was at the Albert Hall? Sure I seen a poster or something saying it was there anyway.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Gigs currently booked between now and the end of the year....

The Holy Shits (Foo Fighters) - Islington Assembly Hall, London

Karen O - Bush Hall, London

Clint Mansell - Barbican, London

The Subways - Portland Arms, Cambridge

Royal Blood - The Junction, Cambridge

Damon Albarn - Royal Albert Hall, London

Carter USM - Brixton Academy, London

Fields of the Nephilim - Shepherds Bush, London

Ennio Morricone - O2, London (Front row!)

Edited by cdm22

Very odd gig. His voice is clearly not up to it and the poetry and anecdotes between songs were largely tedious.

but the rendition of for Emily wherever I may find her was absolutely perfect, spellbinding and brought a lump to my throat and made my heart pound. One of the greatest things I've ever heard. It made it all worthwhile.

Edited by russycarps