Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Thought NIN at o2 were excellent last night - if a little over-produced and polished. Great gig though, and for as much as the o2 is a souless hole, they've got the sound in that place absolutely nailed.

Anyone go see the Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park? I've heard a few reports that they were terrible. Like, really really terrible.

Thought NIN at o2 were excellent last night - if a little over-produced and polished. Great gig though, and for as much as the o2 is a souless hole, they've got the sound in that place absolutely nailed.

Anyone go see the Arctic Monkeys in Finsbury Park? I've heard a few reports that they were terrible. Like, really really terrible.

They weren't bad at all (Arctics), but they're a good solid act, but let themselves down with the huge lack of creativity. There isn't a lot of stage presence, which is perfectly fine, but when you're forking out £65 for a ticket, I expect some thrills and spills as opposed to a near enough identi-setlist from their arena your late last year.

I don't think the 'extreme' flavour of the moment thing, and the subsequent 'fans', do anything for the atmosphere, nor did the weather.

But for £65 I could get, 3-hours of Amazing Springsteen action, and that's far better value.

On Thursday, I'm going to see the Stones in Lisbon, that cost £50, and has a cracking undercard of Gary Clark Jr. And more!

Just think, it's taking the fans a bit for granted tbh!

They weren't bad at all (Arctics), but they're a good solid act, but let themselves down with the huge lack of creativity. There isn't a lot of stage presence, which is perfectly fine, but when you're forking out £65 for a ticket, I expect some thrills and spills as opposed to a near enough identi-setlist from their arena your late last year.

I don't think the 'extreme' flavour of the moment thing, and the subsequent 'fans', do anything for the atmosphere, nor did the weather.

But for £65 I could get, 3-hours of Amazing Springsteen action, and that's far better value.

On Thursday, I'm going to see the Stones in Lisbon, that cost £50, and has a cracking undercard of Gary Clark Jr. And more!

Just think, it's taking the fans a bit for granted tbh!

That sounds pretty bad to me. Apparently plagued by sound problems on the Friday also.

Flaming Lips at Brixton tonight

Saw them in Manchester last night, pretty good when they're actually playing music, but Wayne Coyne seems to have a big aversion to getting on with it, going on big 10 minute rants about how The Flaming Lips audiences are the best in the world and how great people are and love and happiness and other assorted shit. The big inflatable suits take ages to get on and off the stage and get old fast, and Wayne needs to give the crowd something to cheer at rather than just demanding we all cheer when he's doing fuck all. The effects are still spectacular once the band is running at full steam, though, seeing Do You Realise?, Spoonful Weights A Ton and The WAND was great. Race For The Prize was particularly euphoric, definite highlight of the show, and the new tracks like Hard To Explain and Look, The Sun Is Rising fit really well into the setlist, and work much better live than they did on the patchy album. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds was a bit of an anticlimactic set closer, I would have rather they did one of their own songs, and Wayne's ADHD spoiled Yoshimi and She Don't Use Jelly a little bit earlier on in the set. The main bulk of the show was very entertaining though, it was well worth going, I just feel the time they were on stage could have been spent a lot more wisely.

Saw them in Manchester last night, pretty good when they're actually playing music, but Wayne Coyne seems to have a big aversion to getting on with it, going on big 10 minute rants about how The Flaming Lips audiences are the best in the world and how great people are and love and happiness and other assorted shit. The big inflatable suits take ages to get on and off the stage and get old fast, and Wayne needs to give the crowd something to cheer at rather than just demanding we all cheer when he's doing fuck all. The effects are still spectacular once the band is running at full steam, though, seeing Do You Realise?, Spoonful Weights A Ton and The WAND was great. Race For The Prize was particularly euphoric, definite highlight of the show, and the new tracks like Hard To Explain and Look, The Sun Is Rising fit really well into the setlist, and work much better live than they did on the patchy album. Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds was a bit of an anticlimactic set closer, I would have rather they did one of their own songs, and Wayne's ADHD spoiled Yoshimi and She Don't Use Jelly a little bit earlier on in the set. The main bulk of the show was very entertaining though, it was well worth going, I just feel the time they were on stage could have been spent a lot more wisely.

Wayne's been like that for 25 years now, he ain't gonna change.

Saw them tonight, I thought it was sensational. Seeing Steven on drums again was a dream come true and his guitar solo on feeling yourself disintegrate was a thing of beauty. Their cover of heroes is better than Lucy in the sky, though I did enjoy it.

Overall I loved it. A return to form as last time I saw them they weren't so good. I wish I'd been on mushrooms, the visuals are seriously trippy.

I can't think of a more talented musician than Steven

Edited by russycarps

Think you might have over-analysed that.

Tonight was incredible.