Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Not overly hyped by Waters at all.

how come?

I'm as excited to see a band in a stadium as anything else. There arent many (any?) acts I like that will ever play stadiums so it will be a rare exerience.

Granted his voice is shite and if gilmour shows up he'll ruin comfortably numb but alcohol is there to help with that...

Yeah, never really done a proper stadium gig before, this is the kind of stuff stadium gigs were made for isn't it? Over the top w*nkery of epic proportions. Fully expect him to fill that space quite comfortably.

Gilmour would be a special moment - even if he butchers the solo, but I can't see it happening. I think that was Waters pulling in a favour for making him do Live 8.

It is Wembley though, so if there is something up his sleeve, this will be the night he brings it out.

Yeah, never really done a proper stadium gig before, this is the kind of stuff stadium gigs were made for isn't it? Over the top w*nkery of epic proportions. Fully expect him to fill that space quite comfortably.

Gilmour would be a special moment - even if he butchers the solo, but I can't see it happening. I think that was Waters pulling in a favour for making him do Live 8.

It is Wembley though, so if there is something up his sleeve, this will be the night he brings it out.

spot on. I'll go mad if gilmour shows up and wont notice the failings due to alcohol. It's win-win

Unless he plays glastonbury, I'll never see him again so it's like a farewell gig too (same goes for len cohen on the sunday, I wont be paying for one his shows again).

The prices are just obscene

I won't lie, I'm very Jealous of all you seeing Waters tomorrow - I'm 18 but was brought up listening to the original vinyl of The Wall so would kill to see him perform it live bit as has been mentioned, I just don't have £70 odd quid laying about and even if I did manage to get the cash together, none of my friends would be interested at all. They all say they like Pink Floyd but most of them don't know anything but 4/5 hits. A shame but I only hope I manage to get Glasto tickets and he miraculously plays next year! Haha

Anyway, enjoy tomorrow guys! :D

• Upvote 1

Got to agree, I went with my Aunt and Uncle, because even at 42 - none of my friends are floyd fans (willing to fork out £70+).

We arrived minutes before the show started, I sat transfixed, and stunned for the full show. we only went to the bar twice. The sound production was unlike anything I have ever heard at a gig - especially a stadium gig, and the size and scape of the wall/screen made it completely immersive. It was a little jarring that the video was kinda out of sync just due to the distance the visual and the audio element had to travel, but you kinda adjusted and allowed for it.

Run Like Hell was incredible.

fairly decent fan shot video there, that obviously doesnt do ultimate justice, but the effect of the bricks flying at you at about 55 seconds onwards comes across really well. and the words

"is it anger or envy or profit or loss........................................that we would choose to kill the child"

burned into my head for hours. The clips of the wikileaks "collateral murder" video, made it just a mind blowing assault on the senses.

Edited by t8yman

• 3 weeks later...

Saw Johnny Marr on Sunday. His solo album is so much better live (some may say that wouldn't be hard) and the Smiths' songs he did were amazing. Great atmosphere too.

Yeah i was blown away when i saw him. So much better than expected. Finishing with There is a light was amazing.

How Soon is Now? blew the socks off the place. Made my week that.

Was surprised (pleasantly) that he played Please please please........ as I'd have put that down as more of a Morrissey song. It was brilliant though.

Ahh i didnt get Please Please Please. That must have been stunning.

• 2 weeks later...