Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Yup we can but dream. Blanck Mass was the quietest support "band" I have ever (just) heard. Not sure if anybody even noticed.Dissapointing.

Yip. Read one review that raved about them, can't remember where but i suspect the reviewer is related to/goingoutwith/is Blanck Mass cos it even went so far as to say the crowd lapped it up (or words to that effect).

Was considering steve mason but its priced me right out unfortunately.

Managed to get 2 tickets to the Bring Me The Horizon album launch show at Leeds Cockpit, will be great to see a band with stadium headline status playing in a venue that holds about 500 people. Cant wait.

eh?

This isn't a dig at the band by the way, just, have I missed something here?

my bad, didnt realise they were supporting Machine Head when they played wembley last year.

I dont think it will be long though. All a matter of opinion of course. I know they arent everyones cup of tea, but once I got past the "haters" mentality on them, I really like their stuff, particularly the last 2 albums.

• 3 weeks later...

Got tickets for Sabbath at the o2. a little bit skeptical about how good they'll be, but probably my only chance left to catch Ozzy, Iommi and Butler on the same stage together

They were good at Download last year. Although Ozzy sang a lot of lyrics in the wrong order as you'd probably expect.

Nothing that special, but I'm really glad I got to see them. Weren't shown up by Soundgarden either, and even though SG weren't particularly on-form, that's still impressive IMO.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Anybody in London this Friday with nothing much to do could do a lot worse than spending £12 on this gig. The lady has a real good pedigree & is really good at mixing styles.

See you there.

http://www.dingwalls.com/listings/events/31-may-13-zstar-dingwalls/

"This band rock with so much raw funk, sexualized soul and blues rock passion that it’s basically impossible to be unmoved. Experience heavenly sonar-scape of ups, downs and bass heavy riffs led by a spiritually possessed androgynous powerhouse in the form of Ms Zee Gachette. Like Ziggy Stardust, Hendrix, Tina Turner, James Brown, Otis Redding, Lenny Kravitz and more recent hints of Beth from Gossip and Alabama Shakes, through to Weller and The Clash. This music transcends the decades and sits perfectly into the category of ‘great music’.
Rock royalty, Jimmy Page and Roger Daltrey, both offered their seal of approval having caught the band in their infancy"

About to book Hawkwind. They're doing a recital tour of their stunning early-70s sublime album Warrior on the Edge of Time.

I'm skeptical they can pull it off without Turner's beautifully invasive, out-of-key sax (or as Lemmy put it, "Turner Jazz-twatting around honking over everyone") or a still inexperienced Lemmy gleefully but randomly thrashing the christ of out his E string, but they're playing my hometown on my birthday in November and I'm in.

Hawkwind are easily my favourite band of all time. For most bands a fan can name their top ten favourite tracks. Me? I can't for the life of me I can't even narrow it down to my top ten favourite Hawkwind albums (though it's certainly true Warrior would be in my Top 3, both Hawkwind and ever).

Edited by viberunner