Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Two nights in a row at The Globe in Cardiff. Red Hot Pokers tomorrow (Ned who leads the band was Van Morrison's MD for seven years) and Soul Destroyers on Saturday - a great 14 piece soul band in the style of The Commitments who we booked last year for my daughter's wedding party.

Monster magnet Playing the whole of dopes to infinity week tomorro at the koko in London. Can't fucking wait. :D

What's koko like? Never been!

I'm going to that to, never seen Monster Magnet before and them playing Dopes To Infinity sealed the deal!

I hate Koko! Pints are over £4, the smoking area is a balcony and is far too small to hold people, because it's multi level and general admission when it's curfew it takes ages to get out but it does have a giant disco ball though.

I'm going to that to, never seen Monster Magnet before and them playing Dopes To Infinity sealed the deal!

I hate Koko! Pints are over £4, the smoking area is a balcony and is far too small to hold people, because it's multi level and general admission when it's curfew it takes ages to get out but it does have a giant disco ball though.

Luckily I neither drink or smoke so it's all good! Hahah. Seen monster magnet a couple times and always ace but dopes to infinity is my favourite album from one of my fav bands so it's a stonking bill. :D

Luckily I neither drink or smoke so it's all good! Hahah. Seen monster magnet a couple times and always ace but dopes to infinity is my favourite album from one of my fav bands so it's a stonking bill. :D

That was ace! And I love the koko. Really cool looking place. I agree on it being a bitch to get out from tho...

Levellers playing levelling the land at O2 academy Leicester for me next. Bit of a change of pace but all good!

Show of Hands next Tuesday in Cardiff. Best folk/roots band in the land. Nice guys and good politics too.

I take it you've noticed they're booked for Bearded Theory fest in May. Given no Glasto, might we see you and your youngster there instead? Lots of familiar faces in camp.

Lovely gig by Flutatious last night, with support from Akahum and Spiral Scouts. More of that round our way please.

Saw Frank Turner last night :party:

Machine Head & Devildriver on Saturday, does anyone know what the situation with smoking areas are at wembley arena? Because I'd ideally like to go for a cheeky joint during BMTH who are inexplicably sandwiched between the two aforementioned bands.

Last time I was there what happened was you had to get a wrist band and they then let you out to wonder all you want, apart from the trek from the standing area to outside it's fairly easy and not crowded and you'd probably get away with smoking on the door step.

Edited by jump

• 2 weeks later...

Finally, I get to see the one band who are top of my (realistic) "Have to see before I die" list. Just bagged tickets to see TOOL play on their theatre tour in Dallas next month.

Positively wetting myself in excitement.

:D

Damn you! They need to get their ass over here pronto. I saw em last time and they were awesome, one of my top 5 gigs ever!

• 3 weeks later...

Yes i do! Makes a change not!

The Horrors - 17th Jan - The Kazimier - Liverpool

Beans on Toast - 2nd Feb - Night and Day Café Manchester

Reel Big Fish - 3rd Feb - O2 Academy 2 Liverpool

Dropkick Murphys - 8th Feb - O2 Academy Liverpool

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds - 14th Feb - MEN Arena

Rams' Pocket Radio - 16th February - Shipping Forecast Liverpool

Enter Shikari - O2 Apollo Manchester (with Potential interview) - 21st March

Frank Turner - Wembley Arena - 13th April, with Interview for my Radio, how awesome!

Stone Roses - Heaton Park - 29th July

Isle Of Wight Festival

Warped Tour 2012 - 27th July - Orlando, FL

Leeds Festival 2012