Got any gigs coming up?

spwan-of-the-devil

Roger McGuinn next month. Great stories about how The Byrds were influenced by so many others including The Beatles. Worth catching his tour if you can.

The gig is at The Coliseum, Aberdare, South Wales on Wednesday Nov 9th - 8pm. I've bought three tickets including one for my daughter who can't now make it. If anyone is interested I've got a spare. I'm afraid they're £26.50 but worth it. PM me if you'd like the ticket.

I saw Sonic Boom 6 last night with the excellent Crazy Arm supporting. A fun night apart from when I made the mistake of casually telling the missus I thought the girl in Sonic Boom 6 was cute so she decided to bite my tongue which has now given me cut.

Edited by jump

Friendly Fires and Orbital. Love this funky house remix of Friendly Fires 'Paris' that I heard on the radio:

I was supposed to see friendly fires in Dallas a couple of weeks ago, but Ed got sick a couple of hours before and they cancelled :(

They're not very well known over here so they were playing a really small venue. Was really looking forward to it. I did get to have a good chat with the other Edd (guitarist) outside the venue though. Super nice guy.

yupp an updated one now of course

Arctic Monkeys - 9th November - Echo Arena Liverpool

Frankie and the Heartstrings - some time in November - Mojo Liverpool

Frank Turner - 22nd November - O2 academy Bournemouth

Frank Turner - 27th November - O2 Apollo Manchester

Miles Kane - 1st December - O2 Academy Liverpool

Kasabian - 4th December - Echo Arena Liverpool

The Courteeners - 8th December - O2 Apollo Manchester

The Courteeners - 9th December - O2 Apollo Manchester

The Courteeners - 10th December - O2 Apollo Manchester

White Lies - 12th December - O2 Apollo Manchester

Paul McCartney - 20th December - Echo Arena Liverpool

Stereophonics - 22nd December - O2 Shepherd's Bush Empire, London

The Horrors - 12th January - The Kazimier Liverpool

Noel Gallagher - 13th February - MEN Arena, Manchester

Enter Shikari - 26th March - O2 Apollo Manchester

Frank Turner - 13th April - Wembley Arena

Stone Roses - 29th June - Heaton Park, Manchester.

So, what did you think?

Still blown away.

Never thought I'd get to see some of the older tracks again, so to hear Fairground, Fire so close, Medieval was a real pleasure. Even some of the more recent tracks surprised me, not even sure I heard Alaskan Pipeline live on the Pleased to Meet You tour.

She's a Star was so different with the orchestra and choir, yet brilliant in it's own way, and the RAH was a perfect setting.

Must admit to being slightly apprehensive before the show, particularly after having parted with a bullseye for the ticket. However, I left wishing there were more dates on the tour that I could get a ticket for.

How about you?

Edited by TheGayTent

Still blown away.

Never thought I'd get to see some of the older tracks again, so to hear Fairground, Fire so close, Medieval was a real pleasure. Even some of the more recent tracks surprised me, not even sure I heard Alaskan Pipeline live on the Pleased to Meet You tour.

She's a Star was so different with the orchestra and choir, yet brilliant in it's own way, and the RAH was a perfect setting.

Must admit to being slightly apprehensive before the show, particularly after having parted with a bullseye for the ticket. However, I left wishing there were more dates on the tour that I could get a ticket for.

How about you?

I thought they were excellent. I wasn't really looking forward to the gig and it didin't help that that I had heard very few hits were being played. There was a lack of the big numbers and the gig was the better for it. Tim Booth was in excellent form and you could tell he really enjoyed the format. A frontman with an average voice would have died on his arse with someof the arrangements but Tim sounded fanatstcic. It's tours like this that will keep him and the band fresh and and let's hope we have plenty more tours to come.

Edit: T shirts were shit though. Good price and choice but wafer thin when I had a good look at it when I got home. Probably the poorest quality gig t shirt I have bought <_<

Edited by the_hedge

Roger McGuinn at The Coliseum, Aberdare, South Wales tonight

Superb a 9 out of 10 on our Glastonbury scale. What a stunning guitarist and great stories between the songs. A sort of Byrds unplugged set. Sadly last date of his UK tour.

Note to festival organisers - a great act to consider booking. He was excellent in the Acoustic at Glasto a couple of years ago too.