10 Bands to Make Your Weekend

Guest Joeclem

That rumour has been circulating for a 12 month and still Justin Hawkins has continued to deny it..

Besides, Ed Graham left The Stone Gods due to ill health, i doubt he will ever become involved in live music again.

Where did this new source come from?

Edited by luckysalt

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Bon Jovi

2) Sick Puppies

3) Rock Sugar

4) Slayer

5) Limp Bizkit

6) Silverstein

7) Spineshank

8) Rise Against

9) The Pretty Reckless

10) Mudvayne

Certainly were my man! I remember it well as it was one of my first ever gigs, bunking off school and hanging round the back of the Bristol Hippodrome meeting Welsh metal heads waiting for the bands to arrive. I'll never forgot the bus door opening and hearing Sebastian Bach's booming voice screaming...."HOW THE f**k ARE YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!" Exactly as you'd imagine him to be.

Amazing night, It was the first night of the tour if I remember right and they were all wired. Vain were fantastic and Skid Rows fans tore up the seats and the band were barred for life from the venue!

Edited by tommyramone666

I remember passing on Nirvana at the Bierkeller, I'd be lying if I say I don't regret not going to that one. Yous is a lucky barsteward but did you catch... Guns N Roses and Faster Pussycat at the half empty Colston Hall?

Yeah, the Studio was great. Only went a couple times but it was loads better than the new Academy down stairs now where you can't see anything.

Edited by tommyramone666

Well the Studio was built as The Bristol Locarno Ballroom in the early 60`s, very spacious and good views all around.

However, The Bristol Academy was originally the ABC cinema so great viewing if tiered seating watching a film, but as a all standing music venue a waste of time!

Last band i ever saw at The Studio was Living Colour..

Yes, i was at The Colston for Guns n` Roses and Faster Pussycat, we actually purchased the tickets when it was billed as Aerosmith + Guns n` Roses but of course Aerosmith cancelled their whole European tour because Permanent Vacation went supernova in the States.. Hence a half empty Colston Hall in August 1987.

I`m also guessing by your profile name you are a Somerset person?

I think that was the last one I went to there as well :) Was that when Kings X supported or was it Stereo MC's who got heckled throughout their set.

Thanks for that info on the Gn'R gig, I never knew that it was originally with Aerosmith! WOW That really would have been one of those gigs of a life time!

Yes, I'm in sleepy Somerset...which has it's good points and bad points.

• 3 weeks later...

Ohhhhh bands I want to play, mine would mostly be properly low down or in the tents I bet as well haha. I can't think of 10 right now though!

1) New Found Glory (big shock, I know)

2) Lostprophets

3) The Weepies (me loves right now)

4) The Saw Doctors

5) Hodges...

Well try to think of more in a bit.

Ohhhhh bands I want to play, mine would mostly be properly low down or in the tents I bet as well haha. I can't think of 10 right now though!

1) New Found Glory (big shock, I know)

2) Lostprophets

3) The Weepies (me loves right now)

4) The Saw Doctors

5) Hodges...

Well try to think of more in a bit.