Latitude 2011

Gingerbond

I am lucky enough to have been offered some 'VIP' tickets to Latitude through work. I'm told they do not include camping so wondered whether they therefore 'just' provide free entrance (I know, I know, that is still good!). I am a Glasto regular, including 'VIP' some years, but have no idea what to expect at Latitude. I am taking the wife and 3 young kids so would appreciate it if anybody could fill me in on any 'perks' I can expect?

so tempted by a last minute ticket on ebay. some are going at Buy It Now for £60-£80! wondering if anyone could help me out with a query. the only other people i know that are going have guest tickets so will be camped in the guest area. there's 2 guest tickets on ebay at the moment, the person won them through a sunday times competition but can no longer go but the tickets say not for resale on them. if i were to win these, would i have to prove i was the original competition winner with some form of ID at the guest list box office or would i be fine with just the 2 tickets in hand? i'm worried that i'd get the whole way there with the tickets thinking its fine but then they'd have a list of the sunday times competition winners and i'd have to prove i was the actual winner. anyone ever been in a similar situation with winning a competition etc?

I am lucky enough to have been offered some 'VIP' tickets to Latitude through work. I'm told they do not include camping so wondered whether they therefore 'just' provide free entrance (I know, I know, that is still good!). I am a Glasto regular, including 'VIP' some years, but have no idea what to expect at Latitude. I am taking the wife and 3 young kids so would appreciate it if anybody could fill me in on any 'perks' I can expect?

I'd be very surprised if these didn't include camping, any VIP or guest tickets I've seen have included it. To be honest, if they don't then I'm not sure what benefits you'll get - I had a guest ticket two years ago and the main benefits were being able to camp in tne guest area, which is quieter, better toilets, better showers, a 'private' bar and closer to the arenas. I could also go wherever I wanted to around the campsites, so could join my friends in the main campsite if I wanted to. Other than that I can't remember there being any benefits! I'd double double check if I were you before booking alternative accommodation.

so tempted by a last minute ticket on ebay. some are going at Buy It Now for £60-£80! wondering if anyone could help me out with a query. the only other people i know that are going have guest tickets so will be camped in the guest area. there's 2 guest tickets on ebay at the moment, the person won them through a sunday times competition but can no longer go but the tickets say not for resale on them. if i were to win these, would i have to prove i was the original competition winner with some form of ID at the guest list box office or would i be fine with just the 2 tickets in hand? i'm worried that i'd get the whole way there with the tickets thinking its fine but then they'd have a list of the sunday times competition winners and i'd have to prove i was the actual winner. anyone ever been in a similar situation with winning a competition etc?

I'm sure you'd be fine, I bought a guest ticket off ebay two years ago and didn't have any issues at all. In fact I have the same problem as you this year, my friends are in guest camping, so am planning to do the same! I'll fight you for the ebay ones!

I'm sure you'd be fine, I bought a guest ticket off ebay two years ago and didn't have any issues at all. In fact I have the same problem as you this year, my friends are in guest camping, so am planning to do the same! I'll fight you for the ebay ones!

i'm bidding on a pair but it looks like i might possibly only need 1. are you only ater 1 yourself too?

Hi guys,

I am going to Latitude on Thursday (this is my first time and I can't wait :) ), I've never

been to a festival before and I was a bit worried that I won't be able to find my way

around the site and especially back to my tent as it looks pretty big, but I have found

this iPhone app that shows you where everything is and allows you to save the position of

your tent :) , as well as having line ups etc. My friends have been to festivals before and

suggested something like this would be a good idea so I figured it may be helpful to

suggest this to people as i think it could be really helpful :) . This is the link to the

app if anyone is interested: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/-latitude2011/id447564632?ls=1&mt=8

This weekend is going to be amazing, see you on the 14th :)

Matt

While Henham Park is huge latitude only uses a small part of it

http://www.henhampark.com/gallery/latitude-2008

Latitude is tiny compared to Glastonbury so I doubt you will have any trouble finding your tent - tents are normally well spaced out although you may need you app at night.

Did you spot that they have updated the map ?

http://media.livenation.co.uk/fido/publishing/content/k/u/a/Latitude%20A4%20Map%202011.pdf

I think that will be the last version and gives a lot more information than previous maps.

its a shame they don't show a scale on the map.

if you take the arena { the area over the two bridges } all is within easy walking of each other but don't forget the ' In the Woods ' area which is a very cool area to walk in.

I will be arriving this Wednesday { I am working so get in early } and it will be a pleasure to get back even although I don't know most of the line up .

Hi all, similar question to above. Am very tempted by a last minute ticket on ebay but somebody who is selling theirs has said that names are printed on the tickets so it might cause problems getting in - these are just regular tickets.

Basically what I'm wondering is if they ever check ID and if they ask you to bring any ID with you. If they don't tell people to bring ID I can't see how they could possibly refuse admission on this basis but would like some reassurance!

Thanks in advance.

Hi all, similar question to above. Am very tempted by a last minute ticket on ebay but somebody who is selling theirs has said that names are printed on the tickets so it might cause problems getting in - these are just regular tickets.

Basically what I'm wondering is if they ever check ID and if they ask you to bring any ID with you. If they don't tell people to bring ID I can't see how they could possibly refuse admission on this basis but would like some reassurance!

Thanks in advance.

No you don't have to worry about ID, just normal tickets.

ended up finding someone to go with me. 2 weekend tickets for £155, absolute bargain!

Nice one! Are they guest or general? Will be brilliant either way! I've managed to wangle one for free, for the price of taking two performers up in my car! Means I'll have to go up Saturday morning but can't really complain!

Hi - anyone know how far it is from car parks to camping areas? Am Glastonbury veteran but this is first time at Latitude. Are there hills??!! Weather looks rubbish at moment so am hoping for a change in the forecast as not sure I can face another wet / muddy fest! Am arriving thurs pm and aiming for red camping area - is it feasible to do several trips to car?

I have a good idea { nearest Town is Southwold - a few miles from Latitude }

Wednesday - light rain

Thursday - sunny

Friday - cloudy

Saturday - Rain

Sunday - light rain

Monday - light rain

the thing is the drainage { the ground is not Clay } - the rain just drains away so there is no mud { there has never been any heavy Mud at Latitude } so its no big problem if its wet

+ the in the woods area { that is what its called } the forest is so thick you would not have a clue if it was raining .

there is a few gentle hills but nothing to write home about and you can rent wheelbarrows { don't have a clue what they cost but I know they are there } - see new version of map http://www.wbc-team.co.uk/Latitude-new-version-2011.pdf for location of rental place

Like everything to do with parking you can be at one side of a field or the other and you will not find out which side you end up at until you park but you will not end up miles outside Henham Park in a satellite parking area.

I am going this afternoon { I am working so can arrive early } and if its wet will really not matter as I know I will not need to slog though the mud.

--------------

From http://www.latitudefestival.co.uk/2011/info/category/accommodation

Wheelbarrow hire

Wheel Easy Ltd. will be providing a cloth wheelbarrow rental service at Latitude Festival. These lightweight and strong cloth barrows are designed to make it easy for you to carry your tents and supplies from your cars or bus to the campsite and help maximise your festival experience. There will be a number of rental points located in the car parks as well as return points located within the campsites saving you the hassle of having to walk all the way back out to the car parks to return the wheel barrow.

Alternatively you can hire a wheelbarrow for the weekend (limited availability) or hire a porter to wheel the barrow for you.

Price Guideline:

One and a half hour Dry Hire rental: £8 + £30 deposit

Weekend Dry Hire Rental: £25 + £30 deposit

Single Trip Porter Service: £15 (£7 of which goes to charity.)

If you have any queries or would just like to say hi, you can email jonnyVH@gmail.com

Golf Buggy Shuttle Service

FESTAXI will be providing a fun and unique service at this year’s festival.

FESTAXI are offering golf buggy transport along routes between buggy stops in the campsites joining up key points around the site. Look out for our buggy stops dotted throughout the campsites.

So why not let FESTAXI take some of the hard work out of enjoying the festival by having you, your friends - and family - and all your equipment transported from the campsite gates to your campsite or from the arena exit back to your campsite at night and for only £2 per person. They’ll also kindly take your Latitude reusable beer cups as payment (you know the ones we mean).

Simply get on, sit back and relax...next stop: party time.

With there being no Glasto next year we're looking for a new fest to visit next year. Latitude's line ups have always impressed me but I've never had the cash but next year is a real possibility. I was just wondering, what else goes on after the bands finish? I'm not expecting an all night rave but is there much going on? Cheers in advance.

With there being no Glasto next year we're looking for a new fest to visit next year. Latitude's line ups have always impressed me but I've never had the cash but next year is a real possibility. I was just wondering, what else goes on after the bands finish? I'm not expecting an all night rave but is there much going on? Cheers in advance.

Tons.

There is a christmas disco in the woods, theatre, cabaret, performances in the lounge, the disco shed,.plenty to do at night until 1 or 2am. I'm usually in my tent by then though so can't comment on entertainment after that :P