Latitude 2011

Gingerbond

They have? They've got acclaim, but as far as being commercially big enough to headline a festival that is charging £177 a ticket? Not so much. The main thing that winds me up about them however is that they have played Latitude twice before, and last year headlined the Word Arena. Since then, they haven't released any new material, so essentially they will probably be playing near enough the same headline set they played last year, just on a different stage. It's a worrying lack of imagination/ambition on Festival Republic's part.

Exactly my point. They played last year, headlined word, so why again? Yeah, I like them, but please? They've played 3 times now. Also, Nutini, I am not happy with really.

Our local BBC news programme (Look East) has just said they will be announcing the headliners on the show, which finishes at 7pm.

You can also watch the announcement live on ITV Anglia's facebook page: Here

Edit:

The National, Suede, and Paolo Nutini just been announced as headliners.

Edited by Semprini

Other than an odd few standout acts that lineup looks absolutely garbage. The likes of KT Tunstall, Everything Everything, Paolo Nutini and Kele sum up how generic this festival is going to get in the next few years.

4 out of 50 acts automatically makes it generic? :blink:

Not gonna lie, I havn't heard anything by half of the lineup :lol: Time to get spotifying...Anyone have any recommendations?

Decent line-up, surprised at headliners though.

I'd say The National are easily big enough. As posts have said, they have got very big this year for some reason (I really do like them as you can tell from my signature, but they've not released anything which makes it odd).

Edited by thesecretingredientiscrime

4 out of 50 acts automatically makes it generic? :blink:

Not gonna lie, I havn't heard anything by half of the lineup :lol: Time to get spotifying...Anyone have any recommendations?

No, I didn't say that. I said it was the way the festival is heading, not where the festival is at right now. Understand?

Plus 'the likes of' implies rough list, there were other bands which fit into that category too, I just didn't feel the need to list them as I felt the meaning of the post was pretty clear. Obviously I was wrong ;)

Other than an odd few standout acts that lineup looks absolutely garbage. The likes of KT Tunstall, Everything Everything, Paolo Nutini and Kele sum up how generic this festival is going to get in the next few years.

I don't think everything everything are really generic, my keys your boyfriend has some pretty complex time signatures and in my opinion are definitely worthy to play. Plus pretty much every year they'be had "generic" bands playing.

The National is a tougher one, but they do sometimes have a smaller headliner, and i think they could pull it off. They did sell out 3 nights at brixton after all.

Weird to see this argument about the National. For me they are the biggest band in the line-up and the best too. Certainly they are the sole reason I'm considering getting a ticket...

me & my brother are working it, really excited as i've always wanted to go!

just hope my shifts don't clash with the acts i wanna see haha

can't wait for the national, caribou, i am kloot & looking forward to checking out bright eyes, deerhunter and my morning jacket as i've heard good things

anyone got any other tips?

can't wait for the national, caribou, i am kloot & looking forward to checking out bright eyes, deerhunter and my morning jacket as i've heard good things

100% gotta catch edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros. it'll be amazing i promise. as will jenny and johnny and bright eyes like you said

I'd definitely recommend foster the people and OMD.