Latitude 2011

Gingerbond

'Viagogo - official fan-to-fan ticket resale partner of Latitude'...

If you click through, weekend tickets vary from £209.99 to £595.95 and each 'fan' offers the option of buying up to 4 tickets..

Sorry if I'm missing something obvious here, just not come across this site before? Doesn't sound like 'fan to fan' to me!!! :P

Love it...clicked thru..

4 Weekend Tickets - Estimated Total Price in your preferred currency (British Pounds): £2,808.35

I'm not even gonna tell you what I would expect from a festival at that price :P

Surely Radiohead are to big a band to play at Latitude?

I think its unlikely too. However the Latitude facebook page did post something about the new Radiohead album the week it was announced. Probably doesn't mean anything though.

White Lies, Mumford, Portishead, Suede - couple of those I would guess at.

it's not as if latitude couldn't afford it though - it's festival republic after all. and thom yorke obviously has links with the festival having played in the past. if he enjoyed it and fancied something a bit different for radiohead there's no real reason why they couldnt play.

Portishead won't be there. The ATP I'll Be Your Mirror dates are their only UK dates this year.

Oh yeah. I think it was more wishful thinking than anything else as I would like to see them. I'll stick Elbow as a replacement guess then. Pretty sure Melvin is a big fan of them although it sounds like they are at Reading, not sure if this makes them more or less likely.

Oh yeah. I think it was more wishful thinking than anything else as I would like to see them. I'll stick Elbow as a replacement guess then. Pretty sure Melvin is a big fan of them although it sounds like they are at Reading, not sure if this makes them more or less likely.

Portishead are at two festivals, forgive me as I have forgotten their names. So they could theoretically play latitude.

Yeah I emailed adele and they said no festivals in the future at all, so yeah good news!

And I am pretty sure its more than them dates you are talking about, they are playing: Hurricane Festival, Exit Festival, Rock Werchter, Southside Festival, Main Square Festival AND Festival Internacional de Benicassim.

Yeah they are uk exclusives at the moment, but that might change, maybe. Well I don't really care, but if your a fan, hopefully it will change.

Done some scouting around, my sources, Spoon and Darwin deez aren't playing, but two door cinema club are.

£170 for weekend ticket! List of improvements:

- Second bridge across the lake

- Increasing the size of the arena

- Larger arena entrance

- Increased numbers of security

- Improved water supply site wide

- Investment in campsite facilities

- Larger Poetry and Literary arenas

- All longdrop toilets in the arena to be replaced with portable toilets

- Overall more toilet units in the arena

- Segregated new toilet blocks with improved lighting in the arena and campsites

- Female urinals in the arena

- Increased number of seating areas in the arena

...Also, anyone know how they are for taking drink in? My 2 friends are both 17, so was hoping for them to take some in bottom of bags etc. I heard they aren't too fussed unless glass, true?

Edited by Habylab

edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros to play! saw them tonight at the old vic tunnels in waterloo and it was incredible. it was put on by latitude/festival republic so i can only guess they will make an appearance. the venue was amazing, massive underground gallery space under waterloo station. there were trapeze artists, actors all dressed up running around, magicians...all very arty and cool and the sound was perfect. they'd be brilliant on the main stage as the sun sets

...Also, anyone know how they are for taking drink in? My 2 friends are both 17, so was hoping for them to take some in bottom of bags etc. I heard they aren't too fussed unless glass, true?

Yeah dont take glass.

The only issue I potentially see is that they issues different wristbands, over and under 18s. If they did get asked for ID when going in then they wouldn't be able to buy (alcohol obv) from the bars during the weekend.

I have no idea if they are very strict though. You could well be fine.

£170 for weekend ticket! List of improvements:

- Second bridge across the lake

- Increasing the size of the arena

- Larger arena entrance

- Increased numbers of security

- Improved water supply site wide

- Investment in campsite facilities

- Larger Poetry and Literary arenas

- All longdrop toilets in the arena to be replaced with portable toilets

- Overall more toilet units in the arena

- Segregated new toilet blocks with improved lighting in the arena and campsites

- Female urinals in the arena

- Increased number of seating areas in the arena

hi, responding to your alcohol question. you will have no problems in the camping area so long as you have no glass, but when you enter main arena security go through all your bags, quite tricky to get drinks in. they even take bottles of soft drinks off you if they have been opened!you will have to think of somewhere else to hide your cans! if you were over twelve last year, you were given an adult wristband, hope this helps.

Yeah dont take glass.

The only issue I potentially see is that they issues different wristbands, over and under 18s. If they did get asked for ID when going in then they wouldn't be able to buy (alcohol obv) from the bars during the weekend.

I have no idea if they are very strict though. You could well be fine.

Although what you write is correct in practice the Adult wristbands is not much help as soon as we spot people well under 18 { record so far is 10/11 } there will be a blanket ban on wristbands in that Bar.

Its clear that somewhere within the system someone is not following the correct procedure which is not much of a surprise because the legal reasonability is ' at the point of sale ' and not when they are handing out wristbands.

I do realise that this is a pain in the arse but ' its a bigger pain for the Bar staff who potentially can end up in court ' so I make no apology for the bar staff doing their job.

I would advise anyone who looks under 25 to carry photo ID such as a driving licence or passport or Pass card with hologram - older versions do not have the hologram and therefor will not be accepted { its only a matter of time before the bars start using Challenge 25 although last year it was Challenge 21 at Latitude but at Hyde Park and some other events we were instructed to use Challenge 25 }

In my experience having worked every year in the Bars at Latitude most customers come prepared and have their photo ID ready to hand and the ones who will claim ' I left it in the tent so are refused and told to collect it ' never do return with their Claimed ID so clearly we were correct in pulling them up.

On average there is a lot less people willing to chance their arm compared to Reading .

if you were over twelve last year, you were given an adult wristband, hope this helps.

See what I mean about the system not working correctly ?

hi glasto worker, sorry to have caused you such offence to my reply to the girl with 17 year old friends. only second day on efestivals,and after reading your very articulate reply, guess i need to polish up on my writing skills so as not to cause any offence! would never mean suggest that 12 year olds should drink because they have adult wristbands,dont let my own kids drink cola!meant to answer her question as best i could, honestly think it is very hard to take drinks through main entrance, though wont be checked in camping area--and a seveenteen year old will have an over 12 wristband. hope this is put better!!

Although what you write is correct in practice the Adult wristbands is not much help as soon as we spot people well under 18 { record so far is 10/11 } there will be a blanket ban on wristbands in that Bar.

Its clear that somewhere within the system someone is not following the correct procedure which is not much of a surprise because the legal reasonability is ' at the point of sale ' and not when they are handing out wristbands.

I do realise that this is a pain in the arse but ' its a bigger pain for the Bar staff who potentially can end up in court ' so I make no apology for the bar staff doing their job.

I would advise anyone who looks under 25 to carry photo ID such as a driving licence or passport or Pass card with hologram - older versions do not have the hologram and therefor will not be accepted { its only a matter of time before the bars start using Challenge 25 although last year it was Challenge 21 at Latitude but at Hyde Park and some other events we were instructed to use Challenge 25 }

In my experience having worked every year in the Bars at Latitude most customers come prepared and have their photo ID ready to hand and the ones who will claim ' I left it in the tent so are refused and told to collect it ' never do return with their Claimed ID so clearly we were correct in pulling them up.

On average there is a lot less people willing to chance their arm compared to Reading .

See what I mean about the system not working correctly ?