Summer Sundae 2011 : Top Ten wish lists.

Guest andyblack

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And whilst Idont expect the Joy Formidable to get on the bill again, everyone in Leicester should get down to the Academy 2 in Feb to see them - they are immense live and I'll be at Brum, Manc and Leics seeing them on their big breakthrough tour.

Seeing as I'm definitely considering doing this year I may as well do my 10

1. Modest Mouse (I have to say seeing as they're my favourite)

2. Crystal Fighters (Saw before, superb live)

3. Pulled apart by horses (Would be brilliant, always acceptable at festivals no matter what)

4. Joy formidable

5. Passion pit

6. The xx

7. Bombay Bicycle club

8. Cymbals eat guitars

9. Fleet Foxes

10. THE LOW ANTHEM

Had to have one more

11. Dan le sac vs scroobius pip

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And whilst Idont expect the Joy Formidable to get on the bill again, everyone in Leicester should get down to the Academy 2 in Feb to see them - they are immense live and I'll be at Brum, Manc and Leics seeing them on their big breakthrough tour.

Yep, I agree they were fantastic. I'd been to the Brum and Manchester gigs at the start of the tour and they had stepped it up another notch by Leicester. Thought the crowd were superb, really up for it. Would be a good call for SS2011 headlining the smaller stage or in the evening indoors, at about the time Slow Club were on last year.

• 2 weeks later...

and on the seventh day the Summer sundae musical gods decided that 2011 would again be a splendid year and the line up was thus:-

A rock n roll Friday indoors

The Vaccines, The Jim Jones Revue and a punk out finale with Stiff Little Fingers

(with a dash to the Musician tent for 'Hiss Golden Messenger' and 'Broken Bells' outside)

Saturday

The musician tent throws a mighty curve ball, 'Elephant 9'(this years...wow you had to be there!) 'David Eugene Edwards' bible thumping hoarey gothic country then 'Arbouretum' psychedilic licks morph into the strange wonders of Josh T Pearson, quick get to the indoor stage 'PJ Harvey' !

Sunday Outdoor love

aaaahhh 'Phosphorescent', then 'Beth Orton' breezes in, (catch ' The Phoenix foundation'indoors..shimmering, followered by 'Villagers') before a flowery love in with 'James'(well we could all do with a 'sit down' by 1030 on sunday !)

tune in next week for a completely different wish list

I'm sure we don't need to ask for some decent ska as we always get some anyway ;)

I would like to see a return of Kissmet this year.

And Dreadzone would be simply lovely!

How about The Only Ones for the veterans slot?

Had a lovely facebook message from Ron Singh teling me how keen they were to play Summer Sundae again. I suggested he contacted Rob C.

Their headline set on the Rising Stage and their triumphant mainstage return the following year were both great SSW moments....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...