Efests Recipe Book

nightcrawler13

Golden Syrup I meant! Must have been thinking of you! :D

My wee one? She`s 24!

Actually, now I think about it...as i peruse over the remaining dozen or so Squares left (I made Hollie take some back for her mates at hospital)... they would be great munchies fodder I suppose.

But I`d need a lot of green to devour this lot on me own!

Eeeee lad... you young uns...

den

It is THE BEST thing the morning after at a festival. Loaded with sugar, delicious, melt in the mouth easy to eat. A bit of Tablet & a cup of Festival Coffee puts any of the previous night's shenanigans to rights & all is once again good with the world! :D

It is THE BEST thing the morning after at a festival. Loaded with sugar, delicious, melt in the mouth easy to eat. A bit of Tablet & a cup of Festival Coffee puts any of the previous night's shenanigans to rights & all is once again good with the world! :D

Well ---that may be so--but its definetely not the duff to be serving to ones daughter who`s came to visit eh! :lol:

Think I`ll have a coffee and tablet right now actually (well, a bite of one perhaps!)

den

Well ---that may be so--but its definetely not the duff to be serving to ones daughter who`s came to visit eh! :lol:

Think I`ll have a coffee and tablet right now actually (well, a bite of one perhaps!)

den

ya big girls blouse!

i'm printing the recipe the now and will make at some point at the weekend. someone at my work makes tablet that gets added to the tuckshop and i'm determined to make a better job of it than her :D

ya big girls blouse!

i'm printing the recipe the now and will make at some point at the weekend. someone at my work makes tablet that gets added to the tuckshop and i'm determined to make a better job of it than her :D

SEND SOME DOWN!

If i make it i know i'll eat the lot

Edit: made a cheese sauce yesterday it was alright it would be better with strong cheddar though..

Loads of grated cheese, milk, butter, cornflour, salt n pepper.

I put the butter and milk in a pan, till hot, kept stirring the cheese in, and then added a bit of cornflour to thicken, and then season with salt n pepper. Tis quite nice but i would like to have it stronger!

Edited by saratink

Now stop fighting children! You shall have a fishy, on a likkle dishy..when The Den comes in.

I wonder how much the post would be... I`ve only got a Lady Godiva left till next wednesday though...

den

sauces... you should really mix the cornflour with a little water before adding to thicken a sauce...otherwise it would probably go lumpy.

PORK & POTATO HOTPOT

1 onion

2 crushed cloves of garlic

1tbsp olive oil

1kg minced pork

1tbsp plain flour

425ml chicken or vegetable stock

2 sprigs rosemary

1tbsp worcester sauce

4tbsp tomato puree

1.5kg potatoes

25g butter

Fry onion and garlic in oil for 4-5 minutes.Add mince and fry for a further 6 minutes. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute before adding the stock. Add rosemary, worcester sauce and tomato puree bring to the boil and then simmer for 30 minutes.

Meanwhile boil potatoes for 10 minutes, drain then slice thickly.

Spoon half the mince mixture into a large ovenproof dish, cover with a laer of potatoes and repeat finishing with a layer of potatoes. Dot the top with butter and bake for 1 hour at 190*c until browned on top. :)

Willie's Slow Roast Garlic and Pea Soup :)

Serves 2

a head of garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

200g frozen peas

25g butter

2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan

200ml vegetable or chicken stock, heated

150ml double cream

Cut the top off the head of garlic; you want to see the tops of the cloves just revealed in cross section. Cut out a square of foil, large enough to make a baggy parcel around the garlic. Sit the garlic in the middle of it and drizzle with the olive oil. Make a loose parcel around the garlic, sealing the edges of the foil. Put in an oven preheated to 200°C/Gas 6 for about an hour, until soft.

Cook the peas in boiling salted water as usual. Drain and tip into a food processor, squeeze in the soft cooked cloves of garlic, add the butter and Parmesan and half of the stock. Process to a creamy puree. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining stock. Check the flavour and add cream to taste. Heat gently, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. :)

Ask Rollergirl about this one as she's been one of the privilaged few whom he's cooked it for.

Serves 2

a head of garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

200g frozen peas

25g butter

150ml double cream

Cut the top off the head of garlic; you want to see the tops of the cloves just revealed in cross section. Cut out a square of foil, large enough to make a baggy parcel around the garlic. Sit the garlic in the middle of it and drizzle with the olive oil. Make a loose parcel around the garlic, sealing the edges of the foil. Put in an oven preheated to 200°C/Gas 6 for about an hour, until soft.

Cook the peas in boiling salted water as usual. Drain and tip into a food processor, squeeze in the soft cooked cloves of garlic, add the butter and Parmesan and half of the stock. Process to a creamy puree. Pour the mixture into a saucepan and add the remaining stock. Check the flavour and add cream to taste. Heat gently, season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. :)

Ask Rollergirl about this one as she's been one of the privilaged few whom he's cooked it for.

That sounds nice...esp with the autumn approaching.

I`ve just got a slo-cooker from Freecycle..its got no lid,so i`ll have to improvise..so tommo up to the library for some recipes.

den

Serves 2

a head of garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

200g frozen peas

25g butter

150ml double cream

Its blooming lovely :D mini rollergirl loved it too

White Chocolate and Berry Cheesecake

Base

• 150g digestives
  • 150g ginger nuts
  • 150g melted butter

Topping

• 500g white chocolate
  • 250g mascapone cheese
  • 250g cream cheese
  • 200ml whipping cream
  • 50g castor sugar
  • 75g melted butter
  • 250g berries (I find blackberries work well as they are a bit more tart and cut through some of the sweetness of the chocolate)

Method

1. Put the biscuits into a food processor and blitz until the biscuits are like fine breadcrumbs. Alternatively, stick them all in a strong plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin
  2. Add the 150g melted butter to the biscuit mixture, stir well and then press the mixture into the bottom of a well greased 9 inch cake tin
  3. Break the chocolate into pieces and microwave for 1 minute, stir, and then put back in the microwave and heat it again in intervals of 10 seconds to prevent it overcooking and becomming lumpy - alternatively, melt the traditional way in a glass bowl over a pan of simmering water
  4. Add the 75g melted butter to the chocolate and stir
  5. In a seperate bowl beat together the cheeses, cream and castor sugar until it becomes reasonably stiff (Oooer Mrs!)
  6. Fold the melted chocolate mixture into the cheese and cream mixture
  7. Add the berries and stir them in carefully so that the berries don't break down and release their juice into the mixture
  8. Spoon onto the biscuit base
  9. Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours
  10. Be a greedy sod and eat at least 2 slices (or until you feel sick!) :)

PAVLOVA (crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside type)

8 large egg whites (at room temperature)

pinch of salt

350g/12oz caster sugar

2 tsps cornflour

pinch of cream of tartar

1 tsp white wine vinegar

300ml/½pint double cream, firmly whipped

Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Draw a 20cm/8inch circle on the paper.

Whisk the egg whites with half the sugar and the salt in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Continue beating while adding the remaining sugar until stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over the cornflour, cream of tartar, vinegar and vanilla essence and fold in gently with a metal spoon.

Mould the egg white mix onto the paper within the circle. Flatten the top and smooth the sides. Place in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 150*C and cook for 1 hours 15 minutes

Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar and allow to cool completely. Invert Pavlova onto a plate, gently push down the meringue then pile on the cream and top with whatever you like on top of pavolvas :)

Sometimes I put the mixture on 2 trays making 2 thinner merangue circles and layer them with cream.

Pics to follow after work :)

It is quite spicy following the quantities you posted, I liked it though :)

Aww cool i'm glad you enjoyed it. :D

I do tend to overdo the spices, its all a bit trial and error. You can always stir in some creme fraiche if you need to cool it down at all.

PAVLOVA (crunchy on the outside and gooey on the inside type)

8 large egg whites (at room temperature)

pinch of salt

350g/12oz caster sugar

2 tsps cornflour

pinch of cream of tartar

1 tsp white wine vinegar

300ml/½pint double cream, firmly whipped

Preheat the oven to 180*C. Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Draw a 20cm/8inch circle on the paper.

Whisk the egg whites with half the sugar and the salt in a clean bowl until soft peaks form. Continue beating while adding the remaining sugar until stiff and shiny. Sprinkle over the cornflour, cream of tartar, vinegar and vanilla essence and fold in gently with a metal spoon.

Mould the egg white mix onto the paper within the circle. Flatten the top and smooth the sides. Place in the oven and immediately reduce the heat to 150*C and cook for 1 hours 15 minutes

Turn off the oven, leave the door slightly ajar and allow to cool completely. Invert Pavlova onto a plate, gently push down the meringue then pile on the cream and top with whatever you like on top of pavolvas :)

Sometimes I put the mixture on 2 trays making 2 thinner merangue circles and layer them with cream.

Pics to follow after work :)

I can also confirm that Treacles pavlova is bloomin lovely too :D

Been wracking my brains trying to decide which recipe to post (I cook loads, but rarely use recipes, I'm a bit more of a bit of this & a bit of that kind of cook).

This Lemon Drizzle Cake however is just begging to be shared :D

Cake:

125g unsalted butter

175g caster sugar

2 large eggs

Zest of 1 lemon

175g self-raising flour

pinch of salt

4 tablespoons milk

Syrup:

Juice of 1.5 lemons (about 4 tablespoons)

100g of icing sugar

23 x 13 x 7 cm loaf tin, buttered and lined, preheat the oven to 180 degrees or gas mark 4.

Method:

* Cream the butter and sugar

* Add eggs and lemon zest, beat in well

* Add the sieved flour and salt, folding in gently but thoroughly

* Add the milk, mix in

* Spoon into loaf tin and put cake in oven for 45 mins, or until golden and a cake tester comes out clean

* While it's cooking, dissolve the sugar in the lemon juice, over a low heat

* As soon as you take the cake out, puncture holes all over the top and pour the syrup on to let it soak in. Make sure there are lots of holes in the top so it doesn't all go down the sides.

* Wait until it's completely cold to take it out of the tin.

Edited by greenfairy43

Eeeee lad... all you affluent folks who can afford all these expensive ingredients and that.

Yer cant be cooking Pavlovas and Lemon Drizzle when yer on the sausage thee knaas!

:(

Den Officially in Poverty (DOIP)

Serves 2

a head of garlic

2 teaspoons olive oil

200g frozen peas

25g butter

150ml double cream

Sounds lovely, will be trying that soon!

I made this cheesecake yesterday & it's delicious.

1. Heat oven to 180C/fan 160C/gas 4. Line a 20cm loose-bottomed or springform tin with baking parchment and stand it on a baking sheet. Melt 35g butter and stir in 85g biscuit crumbs. Press the mix into the base of the tin, then bake for 10 mins. Remove from the oven and raise the temperature to 240C/fan 220C/gas 9.

2. For the filling, beat 600g soft cheese just until smooth with an electric hand mixer on low speed. Gradually add 175g golden caster sugar , also on a low speed, then 3 tbsp cornflour without overbeating. Scrape the sides of the bowl. Slowly whisk in the 1½ tsp finely grated lemon zest and 1tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp vanilla extract then 3 beaten eggs. Scrape the sides of the bowl, then finally whisk in 150g fromage frais. The mixture should be smooth and quite runny.

3. Pour the filling over the crumb base. Jiggle the tin to level the mix and squash surface bubbles with the back of a teaspoon. Bake for 10 mins, then lower the heat to 110C/fan 90C/gas ¼. Bake another 25 mins and, if you are using an electric oven, leave the oven door slightly ajar for the first 3 mins. After the 25 mins, shake the tin and there should be a wobble in the centre of the filling. If left until firmer it is more likely to crack later. Turn off the oven, keep the door closed and leave the cake in for 2 hrs. Open the door, loosen the top edges of the cake with a round bladed knife, then leave in the oven to cool gently for another 1-1½ hrs.*

*I actually found it wasn't cooked enough so I put it back in at about 130C for about an extra 3/4 hour or so, soI reckon next time I'd start it off hot & turn oven down to about 130C ish for an hour or so.

** I also made it entirely with low/no fat ingredients, so it's reasonably virtuous! :D