nightcrawler13

My favourite and dead easy

Thai Chicken with Noodles

Ingrediants:

Chicken breasts

Red Onion

Spring Onions

Tin Coconut Milk

Red thai curry paste (or if want to be fancy make your own - crush garlic, ginger, chilli, lemongrass, cumin, lime leaves)

Chicken stock

Chinese Noddles (I use the sharwood packets)

Lime juice, salt and pepper to taste

Method:

Cut chicken

fry with the curry paste for 5 mins

add red and spring onions, fry another couple mins

Add coconut milk and chicken stock

Once boiling add noodles

Simmer for about 8 mins

Add splash of lime juice, salt and pepper

Done :D

Chicken curry that my mum makes at home, it's super easy. My spice tolerance is pretty high, and a couple of my friends have been unable to eat a whole serving of it because they've said it's too spicy, so you might want to tone down some spice. But it's so so tasty. Serves 2 people.

Ingredients:

2-3 chicken breasts, cut up

1 large or 2 small red onions, diced

1 tsp ginger paste

1 tsp chilli paste

1 generous tsp garlic paste

Large knob of butter

Half a tin of chopped tomatoes

1 tsp cumin

3/4 tsp coriander

1 tsp garam masala

1 1/2 tsp tumeric

1/2 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/8 tsp cinnamon

Method:

Fry the chopped onion, ginger paste, garlic paste and chilli paste with the butter for 10-15 minutes, adding a little water so it doesn't stick

Shove in the cumin, coriander, garam masala, tumeric, salt, pepper and cinnamon

Fry briefly

Stir in the half-tin of tomatoes and half a tin of water

Throw in the chicken

Simmer for at least one hour

Eat.

This is by far the greatest Chilli Con Carne recipe in the world. Adding a bit of chocolate to it makes it spectacular.

I don't usually eat it with the salsa, because I'm lazy and can't be arsed to cook it with the chilly. But I've used the salsa on its own for dips and stuff, and it's amazing.

Link.

Preparation time : 25 minutes

Cooking time : 1 hour

Total time : 1 hour 25 minutes

Serves: 8 to 10

Ingredients

Salsa

2 large, ripe avocados, roughly diced

4 large tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and diced

4 limes, juiced, and zest grated from 2

Handful of chopped fresh coriander

1 large green chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped

1 bunch spring onions, finely sliced

1 large red chilli, halved, deseeded and chopped

Chilli

4 tbsp olive oil

1 large onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

1kg lean minced beef

2 tbsp tomato purée

2 large red chillies, halved, deseeded and chopped

2-3 tsp hot chilli powder

1 tsp ground coriander

1 tsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp ground cumin

600ml fresh vegetable stock

400g tin chopped tomatoes

15g dark chocolate, broken

Salt

freshly ground black pepper

2 x 400g tins red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

To Serve

Tortilla chips

Sour cream

Grated cheese

Pickled jalapeno chillies

Method

Put the salsa ingredients in a bowl and mix. Cover and chill until needed.

Heat the oil in a large, deep pan. Add the onion and garlic and fry gently until really soft. Add the mince and fry, stirring, for 10-15 minutes, or until browned. Add the tomato purée, chilli and spices and fry for a further 5 minutes.

Add the stock, tomatoes and chocolate, and season. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 30 minutes until the meat is tender.

Transfer the meat to a bowl with a slotted spoon, leaving the juices in the pan. Add the beans to the meat. Bring the juices to the boil and reduce by about half. Skim off any fat. Pour over the meat, mixing well. Season. Either cool the chilli in the bowl, cover and chill until needed or put in a clean pan and heat through.

Serve the chilli topped with the salsa, tortilla chips, sour cream, grated cheese and jalapeno chillies.

Tarte Tatin - the way i make it works every time

Rough Puff Pastry (or buy ready made pastry)

250g Butter - cold

250g Plain Flour

Small pinch of salt

couple of tbsp water

With very cold hands on a cold work top rub the butter and flour together, leaving some of the butter in largeish lumps don't overwork it,. add some water and form a dough. Put it in the fridge for 20 minutes. Roll it out into a long strip and fold it in 3rds. turn it round and roll again. Put it back in the fridge. Repeat this twice. keeping the pastry as cold as possible and leave wrapped in the fridge until you need it.

Filling

4 or 5 (granny smiths or something tart) apples peeled cored and chopped in half.

100g sugar

100g butter

In a shallow frying pan (preferably with a metal handle) lay the apples outside edge to the bottom of the pan add the butter in knobs in the gaps, then pur over the sugar. Cook on a medium hgeat kepping the pan moving and costing the apples until the butter and sugar go a nice caramelly colour.

Roll out pastry slightly bigger than the pan and lay on top of the apples tucking in the pastry carefully around the edges of the pan.

Put the pan in a medium hot oven (180/200) for 25 minutes, or until the pastry has puffed up and is cooked through.

Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then tip out on to a pate and serve immediately with creme fraiche. Yum yum

Eggplant Casserole.

2 medium or 1 big eggplant

can of chopped tomatoes

1 pack of streaky bacon

1 tomatoe (optional)

1 stick celery

1 onion

1 pepper

Cheese

salt

Cut the eggplant into discs and cover in salt (this isn't for flavour it's to keep them from getting soggy when cooking) and leave onside the side till later.

Thinly chop the onion, celery and bacon and then cut pepper depending how big you'd like the slices to be. Chuck it all into wok/saucepan and saute for a few mins and then add the can of tomatoes for 5-10 mins. Fry eggplant discs for a few mins and flip till slightly brown on both sides and then take put on dry towel (to get rid of grease).

Take discs and use half of them to cover bottom of casserole dish and then pour onion, bacon etc. mix on top of them and place rest of the discs on top (if you want you can cut a tomatoe into discs and make a pattern on top with the eggplant discs) and grate some cheese on top depending on how much you'd like and then chuck into the oven for 30/40 mins. Done.

Vinegar-y Spaghetti.

Open a can of Heinz Spaghetti and pour it into the heating appliance and heat it. Put it on you're plate. Pour vinegar in it.

Is that a joke?

This is by far the greatest Chilli Con Carne recipe in the world. Adding a bit of chocolate to it makes it spectacular.

That's a good sounding recipe. Mine is similar but I add some decent red wine and use different types of chillis - smoked chippottle, passilla and ancho :)

i'm definitely going to attempt the tablet! i'm a bit scared though, i've never made tablet before.

Chilli

4 tbsp olive oil

1 large onion, chopped

2 garlic cloves, chopped

1kg lean minced beef

2 tbsp tomato purée

2 large red chillies, halved, deseeded and chopped

2-3 tsp hot chilli powder

1 tsp ground coriander

1 tsp ground cinnamon

2 tsp ground cumin

600ml fresh vegetable stock

400g tin chopped tomatoes

15g dark chocolate, broken

Salt

freshly ground black pepper

2 x 400g tins red kidney beans, drained and rinsed

that chilli seems like too much hassle. i make chilli quite often but i don't put many ingredients in it and it's still nice.

ingredients:

mince

red onion

red pepper

tomato puree

kidney beans

hot pepper sauce

chilli powder

i think that's all. i'm going to start putting chillis in it to make it spicier.

I f**kin love Tablet!:D

Yes, I do. The man warned me it would be so so good...so good in fact that I would be only able to eat half.

Well, I ate half,and although it was ok--it wasn`t brilliant...so I ate the other half.

It then became apparent just how good it was...I woke up 3 days later!! .. and found I had Rigsbys Piss*

How big and deep does the tablet tray need to be btw?

den

* when yer water turns green or brown