Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

Its going to f**king chuck it down all weekend. I know it, you know it and Eavis knows it. Even the f**king cows know it. It’ll be a mix of 2005 and 2007 for the entire weekend. Mud and pissing rain. That real sideways rain too that you can’t hide from where it gets behind your hood and streaming down your back and your constantly wet for the entire weekend. Cold aswell.

Its going to be worse this year too as it’s the first year where it’s a 5 day festival (there’ll be 160,000 on site from Wednesday) so the place is going to look like Haiti by Thursday morning. Food stalls closed, stages closed due to flooding and sinking, miserable people in their tents looking at their soaked possessions, fat spliffs falling in the mud, wellies filling up with water, the guys on site desperately trying to keep the place in some habitable state by laying straw and hay down, but failing miserably, the Other Stage field will be totally impassible and when the rain eventually stops in Sunday afternoon and mud begins to dry it’ll be a disaster on Sunday night and Monday with cars and campers stuck in the thick mud, taking 10 hours to get out of the site, arriving home at 3am and having work the next day etc.

Its going to be a f**king shitty mess.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to f**king chuck it down all weekend. I know it, you know it and Eavis knows it. Even the f**king cows know it. It'll be a mix of 2005 and 2007 for the entire weekend. Mud and pissing rain. That real sideways rain too that you can't hide from where it gets behind your hood and streaming down your back and your constantly wet for the entire weekend. Cold aswell.

Its going to be worse this year too as it's the first year where it's a 5 day festival (there'll be 160,000 on site from Wednesday) so the place is going to look like Haiti by Thursday morning. Food stalls closed, stages closed due to flooding and sinking, miserable people in their tents looking at their soaked possessions, fat spliffs falling in the mud, wellies filling up with water, the guys on site desperately trying to keep the place in some habitable state by laying straw and hay down, but failing miserably, the Other Stage field will be totally impassible and when the rain eventually stops in Sunday afternoon and mud begins to dry it'll be a disaster on Sunday night and Monday with cars and campers stuck in the thick mud, taking 10 hours to get out of the site, arriving home at 3am and having work the next day etc.

Well if you place any faith in the 11 year solar cycle, we could be in for a scorcher.

n.b. I do not place any faith in the 11 year solar cycle theory

Guest blackcockerel

Netweather released their Spring forecast today, which said June would be wetter and cooler than average. They were almost spot on about this winter, so we're doomed!

tbh though it doesn't really matter at this stage they have no idea really jus stabbing in the dark at this early stage. i seem to remember that last year even a few days before the festival they were predicting pretty average weather and look what happened, so im not worrying too much atm

Guest blackcockerel

Oh yeah, I must have misread it. Anyway, yeah it's laughably early to worry about this. And I'm certain it'll be a hot one, and I'm normally cynical about the weather there!

Its going to f**king chuck it down all weekend. I know it, you know it and Eavis knows it. Even the f**king cows know it. It’ll be a mix of 2005 and 2007 for the entire weekend. Mud and pissing rain. That real sideways rain too that you can’t hide from where it gets behind your hood and streaming down your back and your constantly wet for the entire weekend. Cold aswell.

Its going to be worse this year too as it’s the first year where it’s a 5 day festival (there’ll be 160,000 on site from Wednesday) so the place is going to look like Haiti by Thursday morning. Food stalls closed, stages closed due to flooding and sinking, miserable people in their tents looking at their soaked possessions, fat spliffs falling in the mud, wellies filling up with water, the guys on site desperately trying to keep the place in some habitable state by laying straw and hay down, but failing miserably, the Other Stage field will be totally impassible and when the rain eventually stops in Sunday afternoon and mud begins to dry it’ll be a disaster on Sunday night and Monday with cars and campers stuck in the thick mud, taking 10 hours to get out of the site, arriving home at 3am and having work the next day etc.

:( ive been at festivals in the mud and theyve been just about as much as i could handle... with glastonbury, ive only been in 2010, so i know the sheer size of it, and i also know that mud at a place that big for more days than the other festivals where mud were would be hard to handle...

thankfully this wont be the case and we will be lying on the nice dry ground in the sun with a cold beer...

• 2 weeks later...