Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

My missus just phoned to say it was a soggy nightmare securing a pitch but the rain's stopped, the sun's out and spirits are high. She's asked me to bring a couple of chairs as there's nowhere dry to park one's bottom. Not sure how I'm going to get 2 chairs, a backpack, a slab of John Smiths bitter, a sleeping bag and my crumpled clashfinder on the 3.15 out of Paddington tomorrow but I'll give it a go.

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those photos look pretty good to me. They're not sinking in. You can see the soles of their wellies!

Of course, you can't sit down. But any hope of doing that was gone days ago.

Those photos look pretty good to me. They're not sinking in. You can see the soles of their wellies!

Of course, you can't sit down. But any hope of doing that was gone days ago.

i do enjoy the right wing press doom when people are trying to have fun but equally I like the absurd optimism from glastoers on site convincing themselves its going to be ok.

its not going to be as good as 10, it will be worse than 09 but better than 07

see you later where im going to pull a few favours as now im 30 i dont want any mud

JACKONE's forecast today states that it is "not as good as yesterday's" :O but...

...rain through Friday night into early Saturday is not exactly a wash-out - worst rain will miss to the north of the site apparently. It's not bad, is it?!

24 hours and I get Glasto mud on my wellies! Can't wait! :D

Just realised that my milestone 900th post was a serious weather comment! Not gonna make it to 1000 before tomorrow though!!

Edited by jimmyt

BBC weather forecast for Glasto now says for tomorrow:

Sunny with thundery shower forecast for 07:00

16°C 61°F 9°C 48°F West North Westerly18mph 29km/h 59% 1017mb

Remind anyone of Glasto 05? Let's hope not!!!