Weather thread 2011

Guest Paul ™

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Well...I for one seriously missed a bit of mud. Actively sought it out in the end and found myself a lovely cool squelchy spot under the Greenpeace Salad shed where they had a little dribble of water flowing on purpose. I sploshed about in the mud to my hearts content, getting it in my toes and schmooshing it about and enjoying its cooling properties :D. It was bloody weird being at the G and NOT hearing 'ssschlop ssschlop ssschlop'. Only G mud sounds like G mud...(see the beginning of the Glasto Movie as proof).

I havent witnessed walls of people huddling in tiny available areas shade ever before in my 11 attendances since 95. That was just utter madness.

Not being able to consume a lot of drink and wishing the heat to go away as it messed up your day...bring me the rain anyday...that way you can drink to forget what's going on and by the time you are wrecked then whether its raining or not doesnt matter! :D

07 was one of the funniest and best G's I've been to.

I hadn't noticed this piece of prime Stalinist revisionism before! You were flamed mercilessly for the infamous "coke-snorting Guardian readers" thread posted in the aftermath of the 07 fest, you f**king hated 07 then! What's brought on the rain-tinted glasses reappraisal? Despite the Stooges 07 was absolutely the worst G I've ever been to (and like you I've been since the mid 90s & endured 97 & 98). Everything is such a f**king pain in the pissing wet & mud, everything is a complete joy in sunshine - compare & contrast Underworld's sets in 98 & 99, both the highlights of those years for me but the weather was the crucial difference.

NFRNFC!

Last year was bloody gorgeous. Waking up everyday to the beautiful blue sky, albeit with only 3 hours sleep was fantastic. No rain no compromise and for me exactly the same as last year please!

Last year was bloody gorgeous. Waking up everyday to the beautiful blue sky, albeit with only 3 hours sleep was fantastic. No rain no compromise and for me exactly the same as last year please!

Well...I for one seriously missed a bit of mud. Actively sought it out in the end and found myself a lovely cool squelchy spot under the Greenpeace Salad shed where they had a little dribble of water flowing on purpose. I sploshed about in the mud to my hearts content, getting it in my toes and schmooshing it about and enjoying its cooling properties :D. It was bloody weird being at the G and NOT hearing 'ssschlop ssschlop ssschlop'. Only G mud sounds like G mud...(see the beginning of the Glasto Movie as proof).

I havent witnessed walls of people huddling in tiny available areas shade ever before in my 11 attendances since 95. That was just utter madness.

Not being able to consume a lot of drink and wishing the heat to go away as it messed up your day...bring me the rain anyday...that way you can drink to forget what's going on and by the time you are wrecked then whether its raining or not doesnt matter! :D

07 was one of the funniest and best G's I've been to.

It's wrong to say I don't care but I've enjoyed everything from the mudbaths to the scorchers. Warm but not scorching with perhaps an occasional light drizzle in the middle of a couple of the nights to keep the dust down would be fine.

It's wrong to say I don't care but I've enjoyed everything from the mudbaths to the scorchers. Warm but not scorching with perhaps an occasional light drizzle in the middle of a couple of the nights to keep the dust down would be fine.