My Belladrum Review

Guest tweemo freak

This is what i thought of Belladrum 2010.

Friday

Orkestra Del Sol

I got there a few songs in and wasn't really feeling it at first, but then i just started loving it

4/5

Iain Maclaughlin & The Outsiders

I see big things for this lot! Stonking set, and Someone For Everyone was a highlight of not the set, nor the day, but the weekend.

Twin Atlantic

Impressed to say the least. It was my umpteenth time seeing them, but they just never get old. Huge mosh, and amazing crowd and some great anthems made up for the fact that they didn't play I Cave In again

5/5

Unicorn Kid

Euphoric. Fun. WILD!!! Was right in the middle of the crowd and it was nuts! I need a lion hat!

5/5

Stornoway

Truly a perfect Bella band.That story about the monkey that was put on trial was very entertaining, but the songs were even better. No End Of The Movie was a shame, but who cares when Fuel Up is a weeked highlight, Cold Harbour Road can join it, and i have sore throat from singing along to Zorbing.

4/5

KT Tunstall

Ok, ok, i've no right to say anything about this cuz i only saw the very beginning but i just didn't feel it. The new tune just didn't sound good, a bit bandwogon-y. Still, i hear she got good later. But from my experience

2.5/5

Then there was Feeder

Oh boy there was Feeder

Insomnia kicks off, then it just gets amazing and stays that way for he rest of the set, Perfect mix of newies (Call Out, Home, Rnegades, Barking Dogs) and hits (Buck Rogers, Just The Way I'm Feeling, Feeling A Moment, High) It was just everything you want on a Bella Friday night. And ~Just A Day, no words can describe that moment. Ok you all get it :lol::P .

5/5

Saturday

Lush Rollers

The midset baggy groove song was kiiiiiiiiinda weird, but the closing song sounded amazing. A decent local lot who've been at it ages and deserve a little luck.

3/5

Choir

Good stuff, caught the end and was impressed by their version of White Rabbit by Jefferson Starship.

The Moulettes.

Very tlented, and something different to the rest. Strange instruments, great medloies and songs about cannbalism. Whats not to love :P

4/5

ABBA Tribute (Couldn't remember name)

I know that singing along to big hit songs is part of the festival experience, but the set was emabarrasing. When i realised staying, pointing and laughging was pointless i left for the Woodentops. 1/5

The Woodentops

Pretty good. It was great to see an older indie band still on the go, but the singer seemed a little full of himself. Still didn't make songs like Stop This Car any less timeless though.

Metaltech

Surprisingly good. Most out-and-out Metal band to play Belladrum. Thought they were a bit like cross between NIN, Mettalica, Rammstein, Prodigy and older Industrial. Also, i can't think of another band who would follow a drinking song with a social commentry song lol.

4/5

The Divine Comedy

A great end to the weekend. A very charming , relaxed but fun set. Obviously it was old Divine Comedy hits like Pop Singers Fear Of The Pollen Count, Everybody Knows I Love You (Except You) and National Express that went down best, stranger songs like My Lovely Horse, new songs like At The Inde Disco and The Complete Banker, and the cover of MGMT's Time To Pretend impressed too.

An amazing Bella!