The Walking Dead

luckysalt

5 hours ago, bunique said:

Was his apology to Carl when he started crying genuine? I couldn't quite work that out. A genuine apology doesn't really fit 

I couldn't either. I find it hard to believe it was, because what he said was brutal. But he could have just killed him. So maybe that weird paternal 'this is how to mind fuck people' was really meant to explain something.

Maybe he wants to win Carl over, that would really mess with Rick.

On 08/12/2016 at 4:27 PM, feral chile said:

I couldn't either. I find it hard to believe it was, because what he said was brutal. But he could have just killed him. So maybe that weird paternal 'this is how to mind fuck people' was really meant to explain something.

Maybe he wants to win Carl over, that would really mess with Rick.

I think he likes the fact Carl bites back and shows some back bone, although it was a miserable fail when holding the gun against the people. He should have just waved across them all mentally.

We finally saw a reluctant side to Dwight though that he doesn't enjoy doing what he has to and the iron moment he didn't want to do. That would have done more damage as well I think.

Bit disappointed Daryls escape was not more tense and dramatic.....

wonder if they will show Negans reaction when he finds out?

also Negan is very like a Bond villain in that he always seems to keep alive those who try to kill him. It's an oddity really. One would have thought there is only so many you would want about who have showed spunk in trying to off you!?

8 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

Bit disappointed Daryls escape was not more tense and dramatic.....

wonder if they will show Negans reaction when he finds out?

also Negan is very like a Bond villain in that he always seems to keep alive those who try to kill him. It's an oddity really. One would have thought there is only so many you would want about who have showed spunk in trying to off you!?

Yeah I did feel that after all the slow episodes we've had that this episode was too jam packed with stuff. Surely some of the events in this episode (eg daryls escape) could have been spread over the previous couple, to make them better and this a little less rushed.

Also, Carol just gets worse and worse. So she is now living in a house that has been given to her, eating food that has been given to her, yet she still refuses to do anything to help and tells everyone to fuck off? I know this is no doubt just building up to her eventually finding out about abraham and glenn and going all super-soldier again, but for now she's a complete toss-pot and her scenes are the worst thing about the show.

Loved this episode. Kind of agree with Negan that he did nothing wrong in this episode. Brought Carl back to Alexandria, made him spaghetti (pass me the rolls !), took out Spencer who wanted to take Ricks place but wanted the saviours to do the dirty work and only got worked up after that as Rosita shot at him.

After this episode I'm rooting for Negan.

1 minute ago, feral chile said:

:lol: He gutted someone and killed a random girl. Not in self defence either.

So yeah he did something wrong.

18 hours ago, swede said:

Loved this episode. Kind of agree with Negan that he did nothing wrong in this episode. Brought Carl back to Alexandria, made him spaghetti (pass me the rolls !), took out Spencer who wanted to take Ricks place but wanted the saviours to do the dirty work and only got worked up after that as Rosita shot at him.

After this episode I'm rooting for Negan.

3 hours ago, feral chile said:

:lol: He gutted someone and killed a random girl. Not in self defence either.

So yeah he did something wrong.

(This is in response to swede)

In a post-apocalyptic world where food is scarce, gluttons like that woman are more dangerous than the zombies. She had to die.

And the gutted dude was a traitor. He had to go.

So swede was correct...

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, russycarps said:

In a post-apocalyptic world where food is scarce, gluttons like that woman are more dangerous than the zombies. She had to die.

And the gutted dude was a traitor. He had to go.

So swede was correct...

It wasn't Negan's call. And killing off the humans instead of expelling them is questionable. Where do you draw the line?

1 hour ago, feral chile said:

It wasn't Negan's call. And killing off the humans instead of expelling them is questionable. Where do you draw the line?

It was Negans call. Spencer wanted Negan to kill Rick so he could take over. Negan hasn't got time for weak ass bitchy bullshit.

Where do you drawn the line ! Lets also remember it was Ricks group who started all this with Negan. They broke into the saviours compound on the word of that shit who runs the Hilltop having never had an issue with the Saviours personally and butchered a load of them in their sleep.

When humanity is on the verge of extinction the line is drawn in a very different place. If in times of war it is reasonable for people to be killed for being cowards, then in post-apocalyptic zombie times it is perfectly reasonable for people to be killed for gluttony and treachery!

1 minute ago, russycarps said:

When humanity is on the verge of extinction the line is drawn in a very different place. If in times of war it is reasonable for people to be killed for being cowards, then in post-apocalyptic zombie times it is perfectly reasonable for people to be killed for gluttony and treachery!

Nah Negan's erratic. he's left Rick alive, which is just about believable, as it may be easier to have leaders of each group under his control, rather than subsume the whole group. But he's leaving people alive who've tried to kill him and killing people randomly.

Because he doesn't like them. There's no justice going on here, just popularity (including with viewers).

let's not pretend there's anything moral involved :D

Nah Negan's erratic. he's left Rick alive, which is just about believable, as it may be easier to have leaders of each group under his control, rather than subsume the whole group. But he's leaving people alive who've tried to kill him and killing people randomly.

Because he doesn't like them. There's no justice going on here, just popularity (including with viewers).

let's not pretend there's anything moral involved :D

Negan likes playing god to an extent. If he believed in true fairness like eye for an eye he'd have butchered all of Ricks crew in the season opener. They must have killed 30+ of Negans men by now and he's taken 4, one of which was a traitor 

Edited by swede

Negans erratic behaviour suits him and his control on power. It keeps most in line as they are constantly in fear of what the fuck he will do and who he will fuck over next. There is method to such madness. Just not so with keeping so many alive who have attempted to kill him or shown him they they would like to do so. Maybe its his ego and god like complex that allows him to think that he can get all these "spunky", "gutsy" folk in line and working for him but we all know its what will be to be his doing in the end

Finally caught up again.

Enjoyed the last two episodes, still plenty wrong with them though.

I'll start by saying that more episodes need to be in the structure of the midseason one. Cut up into little segments of each group, flows so much better than the stand alone episodes which i find make me need to recap what happened as each episode moves to another group.

Thought the assassination attempt bit was daft, I feel it would have been better if she actually shot him but in a non lethal way. No way a bat would do that surely?

I enjoyed the ad lib part too, made me smile. 

I was also a tad confused with Daryl's escape to be honest. Anyway, all will be revealed at some point I guess.

I've got book 8 for Christmas so i'll be reading the comic book events around this timeline. Going to be interesting to see the similarities and differences.

• 1 month later...

Another garbage episode barely moving the plot along. They're really trying to stretch out this Negan thing for as long as possible, aren't they? Even the big set piece of this episode with the two cars + wire just looked and seemed ridiculous. A total jump the shark moment - was that in the comics or specifically created for the show?

I feel like a dick coming in to this thread after every episode and complaining but I've been waiting for Negan to show up for a long time and so far it's been a constant disappointment.

41 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Another garbage episode barely moving the plot along. They're really trying to stretch out this Negan thing for as long as possible, aren't they? Even the big set piece of this episode with the two cars + wire just looked and seemed ridiculous. A total jump the shark moment - was that in the comics or specifically created for the show?

I feel like a dick coming in to this thread after every episode and complaining but I've been waiting for Negan to show up for a long time and so far it's been a constant disappointment.

I would stop watching

I enjoyed it, but I know what I am getting really.

I thought it was a good start again all. The war is brewing with the saviours and I assume that might spill into next season.

Does anyone know how big this area all the groups are in, as I would have thought supplies would be sparse (I know some are now growing things)

Is there an end date to TWD as I might get like FloorFiller if it ends up with loads of seasons and generally the same cycle happens