The Walking Dead

luckysalt

On 29/11/2016 at 3:33 PM, russycarps said:

I still fondly remember the handful of episodes where carol was the greatest character on the telly.

Now she's tedious, annoying and makes no sense at all. A real triumph by the writers...

Suspect she's been papped off to that little hut on the outskirts of town to tend her vegetable patch, paint the white picket fence and generally bide her time until she's needed to come into town, guns blazing, to save the day. Again.

last episode was shite. i know the characters are currently all over the place and so we need to know what they're up to but are they trying to spread the series so thin that they're willing to devote entire episodes to characters nobody cares about? the show needs to start having each episode focus on a couple of characters so that the boring ones seem less boring. far too many episodes not seeming to move the main plot along

I've not read the comics but my understanding is that the negan storyline was absolutely amazing. Why doesnt the telly just copy the storyline exactly? Because so far this season is a bit shit.

My understanding is also that negan is a really popular character and a fan favourite. Can anyone explain why? Because the telly character is just an evil baddy.  What is different about the comic character? And why didnt the telly show just copy that I wonder. 

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

last episode was shite. i know the characters are currently all over the place and so we need to know what they're up to but are they trying to spread the series so thin that they're willing to devote entire episodes to characters nobody cares about? the show needs to start having each episode focus on a couple of characters so that the boring ones seem less boring. far too many episodes not seeming to move the main plot along

I've seen a few reviews saying how it's a bad move for the show to keep going with the one episode devoted to each character.

Have to say I think I agree, let's have each segment devoted to a character and move things along a little quicker.

On 01/12/2016 at 11:52 AM, ThomThomDrum said:

It really was one of those episodes that make you question again why the hell you watch this

The ratings for this season shows many asking that same question..........

7x01: 17.03 million

7x02: 12.46 million

7x03: 11.72 million

7x04: 11.40 million

7x05: 11.00 million

7x06: 10.40 million

I'm not shocked it's gone down but in reality I think what it's gone down to was around the average anyway, it's just that the 1st episode was crazy and it was followed by the most lackluster needless Carol/Morgan episode similar to the other season when Morgan was taken in buy a guy.

I do think it would be a struggle to make another series after.

The week after I express that the only character I care about is Judith and she suddenly had a "significant" part to play! *gulp* 

Didn't mind this episode as much. Still intereseted to see where this Negan thing ends up but was well fucked off at the start that yet again Carl doesn't just simply shoot the guy!! 

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

I thought it was a good episode. No complaints here, aside from why didnt carl just shoot negan when he had the chance, he had no issues shooting those 2 men? and what luck that a lone savior just happened to be driving down that road michone roadblocked.

loved the Mychoone's original arrival throwback image with her with her sword on her back being followed by two zombies (only this time they weren't on chains). I'm guessing the fact the road had a regular looking oil leak along it meant she knew a vehicle passed by regularly - if it had been a truck full of armed saviours i wonder what her plan was - I mean we know she can't shoot for shit.

I'm enjoying this season, especially this weeks episode. I did however binge watch seasons 3-6 in the weeks leading upto season 7 so I'm not minding the slower pace, plus I think it will lead to big things in the second half of the season. 

I think a lot of the season hinges on whether you like Negan as a character, I think he's great. 

A lot of his dialogue is taken from the comics and it's great to see an over the top character in a show based off comic books.

A lot of this weeks episode with Carl was lifted straight from the comics so I thought they did it really well 

I'm also not as critical of this season as others clearly are, but then I don't expect much from the series.  I enjoy the Negan performance as he grins, wisecracks and rocks on his heels through every scene, clearly the guy is really enjoying playing the role.

• Upvote 1

After the lastest episode I like negan a lot more. I feel like they are putting some meat on his bones now. The fact he apologised to carl and the larger lady (sorry I forgot her name, dont mean to be rude!) for making them cry shows there is some depth to him. I hope this is developed more over time (presumably it is, as the comic readers really like him)

I dont think he is going to kill judith, in fact I think from now on the writers are going to try and make us feel some sympathy towards him. I might be very wrong though!

9 hours ago, russycarps said:

After the lastest episode I like negan a lot more. I feel like they are putting some meat on his bones now. The fact he apologised to carl and the larger lady (sorry I forgot her name, dont mean to be rude!) for making them cry shows there is some depth to him. I hope this is developed more over time (presumably it is, as the comic readers really like him)

I dont think he is going to kill judith, in fact I think from now on the writers are going to try and make us feel some sympathy towards him. I might be very wrong though!

I haven't warmed to him at all, the fact that he's such a jovial little psychopath makes me want to seriously hurt him.

He destroys people emotionally and then apologises, 'forgot you're just a kid'.

So double whammy.

I don't care that he's told Carl straight up what mind games he plays. I bloody hate people who play mind games.

5 minutes ago, bunique said:

I love him :lol: He lights up what's been a very poor few weeks of the series. 

I love to hate him. I thought some of his dialogue had a lot of sick humour, but it gets silly. You have people carrying his bloody bat for him all the time.

5 hours ago, feral chile said:

I haven't warmed to him at all, the fact that he's such a jovial little psychopath makes me want to seriously hurt him.

He destroys people emotionally and then apologises, 'forgot you're just a kid'.

So double whammy.

I don't care that he's told Carl straight up what mind games he plays. I bloody hate people who play mind games.

I feel like this is kinda the point isn't it?

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, WS_Jack_III said:

I feel like this is kinda the point isn't it?

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the writers intend you to hate him, I agree. I'm not complaining about his depiction, I think the joviality with which he tortures people would be terrifying. 

4 hours ago, feral chile said:

I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean the writers intend you to hate him, I agree. I'm not complaining about his depiction, I think the joviality with which he tortures people would be terrifying. 

Yeah exactly.

Someone who laughs about what they're doing is scarier than someone who just shouts and acts nasty.