The Walking Dead

luckysalt

new one was alright although definitely felt like filler

i like Jeffrey Dean Morgan but the more i see of his Negan the more i feel like it's a bit lame. i know they had to censor Negan a bit from the comics but his portrayal all seems a little over the top to me. haven't actually read the comics - just an overview of the character - but it's not really how i pictured him. maybe comic readers could fill me in as to if this is how they pictured him?

Great episode. Whenever negal is on screen I feel so tense. Did anyone else think the woman who was accounting for the guns was going to get blown up with the bazooka by negan? I still wish he was more physically imposing though.

A few questions: Why did michonne keep missing that zombie? was it to show she is out of practice/

Why did she come back when the saviours were still there?

Why did they feel the need to lie about maggie? Granted negan said he wanted to take her back with him, but they cant possibly have known this. And surely negan will find out she is alive and kill someone as punishment. Why is rick prepared to risk that, but not risk hiding a few guns? Makes no sense.

Finally, Karls hair is now an utter absurdity.

Edited by russycarps

46 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Why did they feel the need to lie about maggie? Granted negan said he wanted to take her back with him, but they cant possibly have known this. And surely negan will find out she is alive and kill someone as punishment. Why is rick prepared to risk that, but not risk hiding a few guns? Makes no sense.

this did seem a bit strange, I guess it was out of guilt for Glenn and what Negan was offering her that forced them to try and keep her safe and protected. A big risk - as you say it makes no sense. Unless (and I can't remember) we were told last series that Negan doesn't personally go to Hilltop. I guess this would mean Maggie wouldn't be making a return.

As for JDM as Negan I always imagined Negan to be like Marlon Brando's Stanley Kowalski in A Streetcar Named Desire but with an added twisted sense of humour. I think JDMs making a good job of it but I imagine Negan has more of a Brando level of charisma

Edited by 5co77ie

On 08/11/2016 at 10:38 AM, ThomThomDrum said:

I keep thinking "he is just one dude", but then we are supposed to believe he has managed to break and brainwash all his nearest and dearest heavy hands 

I don't think he's brainwashed anyone. Like Ezekiel said people look to someone to lead them in times of crisis, they look to people to make decisions. Not everyone wants to be chief decision maker, Negan seems to thrive on it.

Negan has obviously built a big community that works, as it's been shown the saviours don't just have one site. Maybe a flashback episode would be great to show how he managed this.

He rules with fear, he's very confident and calculating but if you fall in line with his rules he offers safety and security to the ones he takes in. He also offers his heavys part of that power, just look at the group turning up to the hill Top in next weeks episode, they aren't run by Negan 

Daryl has already been offered a good lifestyle and now his bike as long as he bends the knee and calls himself Negan.

If one of the saviours was to turn on Negan and kill him, what then, I'd be guessing all out chaos and unraveling of the saviours. 

Edited by swede

rather liked the roller skating.

The power struggle for Hilltop is developing faster than I thought they would do it.

The late night fires and shambling reminded me of the stone circle at 2am.

And own up we were all thinking what happens if that baby's heartbeat stops weren't we?

So revolt by mid-season break?

Edited by 5co77ie

I am not quite sure what to think about the last episode.

Why are the hilltop people so useless? Why could they not tackle the zombies like maggie and sasha did? They've been living amongst zombies for months (years?) now, so surely they know enough to be able to kill a few rather than just standing there? And they are so stupid they need to be told by maggie to shut the door?? It's just bad writing really.

Also it bothers me that people STILL fight the zombies with 5 inch knives rather than 6ft spears! 

Also, I prefer Negan's number 2 to negan himself I think,  great to watch.

Edited by russycarps

I guess the Knifes are easier to carry around with you and the zombies don't seem thathard to kill. But in the settlements no idea why they don't have spears. We have always said michonnes sword is the best to use.

I did wonder the other day how long is it before all the Zombies just rot away.

I though Negans number 2 (snigger) was very simiar to him really.

As for the episode, always nice to have Maggie back on screen (how far pregenant is she meant to be). Nice to see some are plotting revenge, and I did like the fact the zombies conveniently waled infront of the tyres

boring and ridiculous.

Why would the women set up camp there rather than far from the reach of negan after what he did to them? Why didnt negan take all their guns? why did all the bullets miss her from 2 metres away? Why was there a zombie on the bridge dressed exactly the same as the black dude with exactly the same hair at that exact moment, and why was it the only one not covered in sand? why is tara now a combat expert v humans?

why why why

22 hours ago, russycarps said:

I'd completely forgotten about denise, and that they were in a relationship. Does anyone give a toss about these minor characters?

Funnily enough, out of all the minor, don't give a toss about, characters, Tara is one that I quite liked. I mean like everyone else I'd totally forgotten she existed until this week, but still