The Walking Dead

luckysalt

BTW

In the last episode I did not like the way Rick and Daryl scope out the Terminus and basically see nothing or no one and then once Rick pulls out a gun in anger there is people swarming all over the roof tops with guns and when they make their way to the fence there is a load of armed men waiting there.

They checked out the place and saw no one? Come on!

Anyway I reckon Carol and Tyreese will arrive and "save the day". Obviously the buried bag of guns will come in handy then

Nah, as per that den of geek post, the terminus storyline will last the whole ( Or most at least) of the season. I don't disagree with how it may pan out, but it won't conclude in the first couple of epsiodes.

I dont think it will happen quick but thats what will happen IMO. Sure nothing happens quick in TWD. It will be a long drawn out process. It will be interesting to see if they can make it stimulating enough in the meantime, as I feel a lot may be loosing interest.

Gunna spoiler everything I write as its in relation with the comics

I think Terminus will run the first 8 episodes of next season MAX. It might not even last that long.

Mind you they dragged out the gang Daryl ended up with for a while and in the comic that storyline doesn't even fill one issue! Its over and done with.

Hunters storyline [Terminus] lasts 5 issues I believe.

Seems their mission with regards to TV is drag everything out and blame 'Character development' Theres plenty of that in the comics with no feeling of dragging at all.

Although I will say the current storyline in the comic has been going for fucking ages, so maybe Kirkman just feels like dragging everything out these days, Id say his envolvement in presenting the story on TV has had a knock on effect on how he presents the story in the comic myself. Mind you theres so many different characters in the comic now, its unreal. So he has to take time to try and present them all I suppose.

Next Wednesday's issue is meant to be a REALLY huge issue anyway.

If you haven't read any of the comic, I say this every season break, do yourself a favour and give them a shot. You can read a HUGE chunk of them and not be where we are on TV yet.

I watched season one when it first aired then delved into the comics and I don't regret it one bit, they are fantastic and I can't recommend them enough.

I think Terminus will run the first 8 episodes of next season MAX. It might not even last that long.

Mind you they dragged out the gang Daryl ended up with for a while and in the comic that storyline doesn't even fill one issue! Its over and done with.

Seems their mission with regards to TV is drag everything out and blame 'Character development' Theres plenty of that in the comics with no feeling of dragging at all.

Although I will say the current storyline in the comic has been going for fucking ages, so maybe Kirkman just feels like dragging everything out these days, Id say his envolvement in presenting the story on TV has had a knock on effect on how he presents the story in the comic myself. Mind you theres so many different characters in the comic now, its unreal. So he has to take time to try and present them all I suppose.

If you haven't read any of the comic, I say this every season break, do yourself a favour and give them a shot. You can read a HUGE chunk of them and not be where we are on TV yet.

I watched season one when it first aired then delved into the comics and I don't regret it one bit, they are fantastic and I can't recommend them enough.

we've got the first three books in the library at the school I work at (I got them in there.) I've read the first one and enjoyed it a bit, but some of the dialogue between the characters is very cheesy. Edited by III

we've got the first three books in the library at the school I work at (I got them in there.) I've read the first one and enjoyed it a bit, but some of the dialogue between the characters is very cheesy.

What books do you have? The volumes that have six issues? or the black hardback books with 12 issues in them?

I collect the black hardbacks, have all 9 so far released

BTW

In the last episode I did not like the way Rick and Daryl scope out the Terminus and basically see nothing or no one and then once Rick pulls out a gun in anger there is people swarming all over the roof tops with guns and when they make their way to the fence there is a load of armed men waiting there.

Anyway I reckon Carol and Tyreese will arrive and "save the day". Obviously the buried bag of guns will come in handy then

How can I put this delicately,

it's a trap!

One they've sprung dozens, perhaps hundreds, of times against hardened survivors. So the rooftop guys won't be walking around, or talking, they'll be laying prone or hiding away in facilities they've built up there. The ones in the forest will be in a ghillie den. etc.

BTW

And yet Zombies walking around that never rot or "die" is fine :)

Edited by fred quimby

The only way Terminus can drag out for a full season is if the group join them somehow, maybe putting the bit where he bites the guy's neck is as a follow in to that situation. Itv was elsewhere in the comics. We know it's not going to go quite the same way as the comics.

I'm also guessing as they were all led through Path A from the room of candles (even the coach has a big A on it) that there's other coaches and routes, there were three other doors we saw, so perhaps three other train coaches - it is a terminus. Nice to see the video game getting a nod too.

Also i used to be a fan of the comics when the series first airred, but stopped reading the comics when one of them (can i do a spoiler in a spoiler) lost an eye, has it been worth sticking with since?

The only way Terminus can drag out for a full season is if the group join them somehow, maybe putting the bit where he bites the guy's neck is as a follow in to that situation. Itv was elsewhere in the comics. We know it's not going to go quite the same way as the comics.

I'm also guessing as they were all led through Path A from the room of candles (even the coach has a big A on it) that there's other coaches and routes, there were three other doors we saw, so perhaps three other train coaches - it is a terminus. Nice to see the video game getting a nod too.

Also i used to be a fan of the comics when the series first airred, but stopped reading the comics when one of them (can i do a spoiler in a spoiler) lost an eye, has it been worth sticking with since?

DON'T READ PEOPLE IF YOU HAVE NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE COMICS AND ARE GOING TO START.

That storyline, is still running Scott, at least until next week....

Next issue is 125 and its meant to be an issue where some huge shit goes down. Its been mentioned by Kirkman that 125 would be a significant issue. The next 3 issues are all extended issues, it seems it will be the end of this arc, which has been easily the longest since it began.

To be honest with the comics, they've started to drag somethings out, but on the whole its been really enjoyable. You should be able to pick up the issues and just blaze through them to where we now are and I think you would really enjoy them.

I just looked up and the incident you mention, that was issue 83! DAMN! You aren't even on this storyline. Well the extension of this storyline.

READ IT NOW!!! You've seriously missed out on some great new characters.

I'll say no more, get on it NOW

I have no idea where I am up to in terms of series/episode but I have gone completely off this program. Since they found thingy, you know (i can't do spoilers from iPod!!!) there has been

Not much zombie action and too much bullshit storyline. I don't feel for any of the characters apart from the badass brother and have just completely lost interest in it.

Gutted, because I loved the first series.

I'm currently giving this another go. I'm just past where I got to last time and have followed the story and characters with much greater interest this time around. Just about the start series 3 now, interested to find out what on earth that hooded thing with Andrea in the woods is all about...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

I really enjoyed that!

So glad they've dealt with the Terminus storyline quickly - although maybe some of the characters reappear? - the Daryl and Carol reunion was infinitely more emotional than the Rick and Judith one though

:D Naaaaawwwww!