The Walking Dead

luckysalt

I think it's the order of deaths (Lori), lack of survivors (Hershals sons?) , clearly differing Mychoone story arc, that suggest those who have read the comics are going to have no idea what's happening on TV I know I don't anymore

That can only be a good thing. It is a little like Game of Thrones in that sense. It would get a little boring if it stuck religiously to the source material.

DO NOT READ IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE COMICS AND ARE LIKELY TO, ALSO THIS IS LIKELY TO GIVE AWAY TV PLOTLINES.

Its hard to talk about this in here without knowing who has and hasn't read the comics, I mean we are at the start of the Prison storyline pretty much, I mean they first reach the Prison in issue 12 of the comics. 1 issue comes out a month, and Lori doesn't die in the comics until issue 48, and thats right at the end of the Prison storyline.

Hershall has had his leg bit and cut off much like Allen did, but that didn't happen until quite far into the prison story, for Hershall it happened straight away.

The prison storyline is well dragged out but didn't feel like it was taken too long unlike Season 2 of TV which a lot of people felt it dragged on, so maybe they've thought the way the comics are, it wouldn't translate well to TV. Everything woodbury wise seems to be happening at pace too, of course Michonne is there, but Glenn and Rick are not and instead its Andrea, however, the whole Andrea is ok wanting to be there is the complete opposite of Rick and Glenn who were prisoners from the off. But it does seem we could have the whole Michonne rape scene also coming.

What else is different is that Rick, Glenn and Michonne already were at the prison then left and got captured and taken to Woodbury, Michonne and Andrea in TV land have no idea about the prison so that will be different also.

I also think they've completely cut out the inmates taking over the prison and also one of the inmates being a serial killer and killing off numerous characters because, one there's not enough characters and two theres only two inmates left and neither seem likely.

It does seem as if the whole prison story and woodbury characters will only take place in Season 3 and the 50's are when Rick loses it and starts having the phone conversations, so when Season 4 hits we could be up into issue 60's which is a huge leap forward, from that point anything could happen with the TV show, will they introduce Abraham and Eugene and go to washington, will they go back to the beginning and reintroduce Morgan, will they do the Hunters storyline at all? They could potentially catch up with the comic in no time or go in a completely different direction post prison.

Season 4 is going to be a very interesting season, of course thats a whole year away yet, but if they keep going like this they're going to run out of material from the comic

Edited by luckysalt

So is Carol dead or not. I hope not especially after the way T Dog sacrificed himself in episode 4. Andrea is such a pain in the arse. While I can understand her wanting to settle in Woodbury I can't understand her reluctance to believe Michonne. You would think that after 8 months together they would have a tight bond. Instead she is whoring herself out for a hot bath and a Dr Who wannabe.

I think something happens regarding Carol this week judging by the preview clips, Daryl finds her knife I think.

they've given her up for dead haven't they? But last I remember t-dogg sacrificed himself to save her so I assumed she'd reappear at some point.

EPISODE 8 MID SEASON FINALE SPOILER

Kirkman has confirmed that during the mid season finale - episode 8, that a major comic book character will debut on the TV show. Its since been reported it will be Tyresse, reportedly it will be Chad Coleman from TV The Wire playing the role as he has been seen on set numerous times

I have no idea if his daughter and her boyfriend will debut alongside him but I doubt it, I think that storyline in the comic isn't needed on TV

Edited by luckysalt

Just watching FX and saw the advert for Walking Dead.

I spotted quite a few things. I'll spoiler tag them however

The advert shows

Michonne and Merle fighting in the woods

Maggie and Glenn leaving a car both with guns drawn on the road

Merle with a cut face attacking Glenn outside the woodbury gates

Glenn with a smashed up mouth screaming no in a room with his back against the wall

Maggie sat in a chair at a table from behind in what looks like a cell with the Governer walking in

Glenn badly beaten up pulling his face backwards as a zombie hand is trying to reach him

It then shows Michonne at the prison fence looking in and Rick looking out at her

It then shows a group of four in a battle stance in the woods

The four are Rick in centre, Daryl behind him, Michonne to the left and someone who is a male to the right with a white vest on who's face isn't visable, its not hershall as they have both legs

SPOILERS

Anyway judging from this, Woodbury capture Glenn and Maggie and keep them prisoner seperate, I wonder if Maggie is going to be raped like Michonne is in the comics, and Glenn has to listen just like in the comics. Obviously Michonne joins the group of Rick and then they go to battle woodbury, looks like this weeks episode could be a biggie!

EDIT - I have just spotted something else when I started playing tv again, it shows Daryl carrying Carol and she has her arm wrapped around his neck so she is still alive

Edited by luckysalt

EPISODE 8 MID SEASON FINALE SPOILER

Kirkman has confirmed that during the mid season finale - episode 8, that a major comic book character will debut on the TV show. Its since been reported it will be Tyresse, reportedly it will be Chad Coleman from TV The Wire playing the role as he has been seen on set numerous times

I have no idea if his daughter and her boyfriend will debut alongside him but I doubt it, I think that storyline in the comic isn't needed on TV

Great news - at last, so a bit of comic re-jigging Tyresse is one of my favourite characters.

I think it was the booze that attracted Andrea (the lush) - as hinted by her tipping the glass with the Guvnor. However she then left half the glass behind when she got up - making the point irrelevant

Edited by 5co77ie