Hard Rock Calling 2011

Guest judyblue110

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bryan Adams suggestion I don't think will happen - he's been touring with his Bares Bones acoustic setup and not his band - which is more small venue / intimate aimed than big arena.

I thought possibly Motley Crue but they'd never sub Bon Jovi would they? What about FX or RATT?

I also still think with the big celebration factor they need to bring either Clapton or Townsend - they were responsible for the guitar part of Hard Rock Cafe! Also I could see Brian May putting in an appearance (which would be awesome).

Still want the Foo Fighters though but then I'm greedy ;-)

The Bryan Adams suggestion I don't think will happen - he's been touring with his Bares Bones acoustic setup and not his band - which is more small venue / intimate aimed than big arena.

I thought possibly Motley Crue but they'd never sub Bon Jovi would they? What about FX or RATT?

I also still think with the big celebration factor they need to bring either Clapton or Townsend - they were responsible for the guitar part of Hard Rock Cafe! Also I could see Brian May putting in an appearance (which would be awesome).

Still want the Foo Fighters though but then I'm greedy ;-)

Bares Bones tour will end over the the beginning of the year. Bryan Adams have sheculed a new summer tour already (big arenas/stadiums/festivals). Concerts for UK are expected in the end of June, Belfast is now confirmed for 24th June. I'd say there's high chance he might be booked for Hard Rock Calling.

TBH listening to The Eagles would be great but aren't Bon Jovi playing 25th? Can't see them subheadlining so possible Friday? Would love to hear Joe Walsh do Life of Illusion live too.

They'd also fit as Glasto are supposedly playing an American band Eavis has loved for years...

TBH listening to The Eagles would be great but aren't Bon Jovi playing 25th? Can't see them subheadlining so possible Friday? Would love to hear Joe Walsh do Life of Illusion live too.

They'd also fit as Glasto are supposedly playing an American band Eavis has loved for years...

I'm pretty sure that Glastonbury don't have Eagles - Michael has said they wanted £2M.

• 4 weeks later...

The Black Crowes would have been super special as Friday night headliners but they're over here in mid July for 3 dates so doubt that will happen. I wish more announcements would be made cause it doesn't take long to start loosing interest.

The problem is the longer they leave it the more likely everyone will be booked up for other gigs / festivals. Not just the acts either, cash is likely to be tight and chuck in hotel costs and Hard Rock Calling needs to pull its finger out!

I heard a rumour REM might be over for the summer festivals but who knows.