Who would you like to see next year?

Guest wackojackohighcliffe

Absolutely agree. I don't want to see too many bigger bands here really. I agree with all those who've said no Mumford & Sons, Band of Horses, etc.

As for who I'd like to see, the list is so long! Top of my list would be:

The Black Atlantic

Isbells

Woods

Megafaun

Dry the River

Owen Pallett

Espers

Jason Lytle

Arms & Legs

Liam Finn

The Dutchess and the Duke

and then any of the following...some have been mentioned already or have played EotR before:

Maps & Atlases, AA Bondy, Angus & Julia Stone, Ryan Paul & The Ardent, Tallest Man on Earth, Delta Spirit, Dr Dog, Taxi Taxi, The Boy Least Likely To, Bill Callahan, Banjo or Freakout, Junip, Eels, Blitzen Trapper, The Low Anthem, Bon Iver, David Ford, Avi Buffalo, Daniel Johnston, Antony & the Johnsons, Devendra Banhart, Ganglians, Is Tropical, Fanfarlo, S Carey, Josh Ritter, Kings of Convenience, Laura Gibson, Bony King of Nowhere, Earlimart, Micah P Hinson, A Weather, Unbunny, Pete Greenwood, Throw me the Statue, Sea Wolf, Rose Melberg, Withered Hand, The Morning Benders, Tuung, Timber Timbre, Volcano Choir, The Roots Union, Tobias Ben Jacob

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought of a few more: Jeff Tweedy solo (would be perfect 2nd or 3rd on the Garden stage, more folky and low-key than Wilco). Civil Civic, Bear in Heaven, and Everything Everything could be good on the smaller stages, or early in the Big Top.

In Infinite Jest stylee (I was going to do this anyway but now it looks like I'm copying!!)

The National playing the Garden Stage would be a dream but sadly I reckon we were more likely to get them this year as they've been doing loads of shows across the UK and Europe.

Some of the following would go down a treat:

AA Bondy (since he broke our hearts by cancelling this year!)

Band of Horses

Beach House

Belle and Sebastian

The Cave Singers

Decemberists

Great Lake Swimmers (well, they're Canadian afterall)

Jayhawks

Jenny Lewis

Local Natives (were immense at Way Out West festival)

Mojave 3

Richmond Fontaine

Teenage Fanclub

Pavement

and let's have Phosphorescent and Felice Brothers back as they were so damn good (plus gatecrashers Deer Tick!)

The beauty of EOTR is that there's such a perfect mix of artists I love and artists I've barely heard of, if at all, and who turn out to be brilliant - from 2009 Shearwater, Joe Gideon and the Shark, The Hold Steady and Broken Family Band (R.I.P.) fall into the latter category.

In addition to having any of them and especially Shearwater back next year, I would add my support for The Decemberists, who don't seem to do many festivals. Others that I think would go down well at EOTR are The Kingsbury Manx, Jason Lytle, Field Music and Astrid Williamson.

But after three years I'm supremely confident that next year's lineup will be another combination of established favourites, surprises and hidden treasures, which is why I've already got my Earlybird ticket for 2011.

Having had to sell my ticket at a late stage I would of course like everyone who played this year to come back and play exactly the same sets with the same atmosphere around, but if that's not possible...

The Decemberists (How many mentions of does this make it? I've been holding out for an appearance at EOTR for years now, they seem a perfect match)

A Classic Education/His Clancyness

Andrew Bird

Archie Bronson Outfit

Art Brut

Ballboy

Blue Roses

Broken Records

Broken Social Scene

Cat Power

Clinic

Dean Wareham/Dean & Britta

Department Of Eagles (don't think Grizzly Bear will be available next festival year, so next best thing)

Emmy The Great

Half Man Half Biscuit

High Llamas

Jason Lytle/Admiral Radley

Jeffrey Lewis

Jens Lekman

Jonathan Richman

The Miserable Rich

Mitchell Museum

Owen Pallett

Perfume Genius

The Phantom Band

The School

Slow Club

Spoon

Still Corners

Suburban Kids With Biblical Names

Superman Revenge Squad

Trips and Falls

The Walkmen

The Wave Pictures

Wap Wap Wow

Withered Hand

Zola Jesus

I would like

Guided By Voices

Joanna Newsom

Dead Man's Bones

Nick Cave

Laura Cantrell

Matthew Dear

Marnie Stern

Saint Etienne

Jarvis doing an actual set

St Vincent

The Extra Lens

The Wave Picture (again)

Calvin Johnson

Mirah

The Microphones

Withered Hand

Wild Nothing

Loads more, but most of those seem unlikely enough as it is.

Seth Lakeman

Withered Hand

The Kissaway Trail

Johnny Flynn

Sleeping States

Rocky Erickson & Okervil River

Thirteen Senses

Blue Roses

Gillian Welch

Slayer & The Mongoose ;)

Thirteen Senses

The Black Keys