Who would you like to see next year?

Guest wackojackohighcliffe

Go on then, who do you wanna see in 2011?

for me i'd love to see arcade fire (probably too big now), band of horses, bon iver, bright eyes (with their reformation it's a possibility), Sufjan Stevens (I heard sofia wants him(at the festival)), the hold steady, the rural alberta advantage, james mercer in any of his incarnations, Spoon, Wintersleep, Menomena, Iron & Wine, My Morning Jacket, Decemeberists, Right Away Great Captain, Portugal.The Man, The National, Manchester Orchestra/Bad Books/Kevin Devine, Phosphorescent, Les Ssavy Fav.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I could just choose one act it would have to be Sufjan Stevens - he would be perfect.

Arcade Fire are now way to big (and commercially minded) to play EOTR IMO.

Go on then, who do you wanna see in 2011?

for me i'd love to see arcade fire (probably too big now), band of horses, bon iver, bright eyes (with their reformation it's a possibility), Sufjan Stevens (I heard sofia wants him(at the festival)), the hold steady, the rural alberta advantage, james mercer in any of his incarnations, Spoon, Wintersleep, Menomena, Iron & Wine, My Morning Jacket, Decemeberists, Right Away Great Captain, Portugal.The Man, The National, Manchester Orchestra/Bad Books/Kevin Devine, Phosphorescent, Les Ssavy Fav.

Already mentioned: Eels, Beirut, Shins, Mogwai, Drive-by Truckers, Andrew Bird, Fanfarlo, Flight of the Conchords (in the programme, the comedy director named them as one of her ultimate dream acts, so maybe - but they're probably too big).

Also: Antony and the Johnsons (though maybe wrong for an outdoor festival?); Jonathan Richman, Wild Beasts, Murder By Death, The Clean, Lambchop (full band, not Kurt solo), Patti Smith...

Arcade Fire are surely too big. I suspect the National might be too big (wish they'd gotten them this year, they seem to have really taken off in the UK this year).

I like Mumford and Sons, but I'm not sure I want them playing EoTR again. They're a bit too mainstream now (is that a really terrible thing to say? Maybe, but I like the fact that EoTR is mostly a niche audience of serious music fans who champion obscure bands and care about the music: I don't want a few big name bands playing, that bring in a bunch of casuals who'll talk really loudly through the early bands...)

I'll echo these wishes:

The National

Decemberists

My Morning Jacket

Sufjan Stevens

Eels

Band of Horses

And add:

The Jayhawks

Danny and the champions of the world

Unkle bob

Jon Windle

Dead Western

David Ford

Buffalo Tom

But I'm also one of those who has ultimate faith it'll be brilliant whatever.....in 2009 the line-up closely resembled my record collection and it was fab....this year I knew very few of the bands when announced yet it was equally fab!!!!

As for returnees......I would love to see Guillemots, Leif vollebekk, Loney Dear, Phosphorescent, Deer Tick, Two Gallants, Willard Grant Conspiracy, Duke and the King, Tallest Man on Earth, Joe Gideon and the Shark, The Twilight Sad......... back again

Wow, how did that turn into such a long list!?!?!?!?!?!

Edited by geofelgie

Also: Antony and the Johnsons (though maybe wrong for an outdoor festival?); Jonathan Richman, Wild Beasts, Murder By Death, The Clean, Lambchop (full band, not Kurt solo), Patti Smith...

Arcade Fire are surely too big. I suspect the National might be too big (wish they'd gotten them this year, they seem to have really taken off in the UK this year).

I like Mumford and Sons, but I'm not sure I want them playing EoTR again. They're a bit too mainstream now (is that a really terrible thing to say? Maybe, but I like the fact that EoTR is mostly a niche audience of serious music fans who champion obscure bands and care about the music: I don't want a few big name bands playing, that bring in a bunch of casuals who'll talk really loudly through the early bands...)

In Infinite Jest stylee (I was going to do this anyway but now it looks like I'm copying!!)

Restricting myself to acts who haven't (as far as I am aware) played EOTR before.....

Definitely agree with......

And So I Watch You From Afar

Beirut

Andrew Bird

Built to Spill

Bill Callahan

The Decemberists

Fanfarlo

Sufjan Stevens

....and of course, Half Man Half Biscuit :P:D

Would also like to throw into the mix......

6 Day Riot

Alaska in Winter

Beans on Toast

The Boxer Rebellion

Broadcast 2000

The Bundles

Death Cab For Cutie

Artur Dyjecinski

Engineers

Field Music

Gayngs

Lupen Crook