Green Man 2011

Guest to-me-to-you

Well I thought it was about time to set up a Green Man 2010 thread- There's ONLY 49 weeks to go after all!

The 2010 festival was brilliant and I can't wait for the festival in 2011. There's loads of clips up here http://www.greenman.net/gmtv if you were or weren't there...

Bands I'd love to see-

Fleetwood Mac

The National

Talking Heads

Dirty Projectors

Jonsi

Seasick Steve

Rufus Wainright

Midlake

Feist

Beth Orton

TV On The Radio

MGMT

Black Keys

Local Natives

Villagers

Beach House

Grizzly Bear

Holly Miranda

Dan Auerbach

Crystal Castles

Fence Collective

Vision of Trees

Django Django

Best Coast

Taxi Taxi

Zwolf (again)

+ loads more treats I've never heard of before, as always...

Who else can't wait?

Headliners I have no idea, Sigur Ros would be amazing cept theyre on hiatus for Jonsi's solo stuff, Brian Eno? Sonic Youth? Pavement? And then a more current band

Otherwise any of..

Andrew Bird

Okkervil River

Bon Iver/Volcano Choir

Iron & Wine

The XX

Fleet Foxes

Beach House

Blind Pilot

Mos Def

Woods

Caribou

The Kills

Peter Bjorn & John

I'm from Barcelona

GY!BE

or most of the artists you mentioned

Edited by rbranigan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm pretty sure it used to say, after the early-birds had sold out, that 2011 tickets would go on sale properly on February 1st, but I may have been confused by a combination of my blindness and wishfully thinking they were giving us solid information. Now it just says information "soon"... Does anyone have any idea what prices all be? Also my wishlist: Headliners- Eels, The National, Sufjan Stevens

Further down I would love Beach House, whom they have hinted about in their blog, Villagers, Los Campesinos!, Anais Mitchell, maybe with a special dramatization of Hadestown, Best Coast and Built to spill come to mind instantly. Maybe Salem and Caribou to curate Far Out after Dark? So excited...

Edited by Outlier

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Green Man Festival

We're over the moon to announce that tickets for GREEN MAN 2011 will be on sale next Tuesday am- 15th February!! *Tuesday will also see our first round of band announcements for Green Man 2011 and good golly do we have some treats for you!

In the meantime, relive last year's festival with this

video... Speak to you next week!

http://www.GreenMan.net/

Fleet foxes headline with Bellowhead , The Burns Unit, Villagers, Wild Nothing, Sic Alps, Polar Bear, Robyn Hitchcock, Ellen & The Escapades, Our Broken Garden, Emily Barker, The Gentle Good, 2:54, The Travelling Band, Bleeding Heart Narrative, The Ramshackle Union Band, Mancub Babywoman.

Solid start I'd say! Did anyone else only have the option of buying International Delivery with the Green man tickets?

Edited by Outlier

full list is now:

Fleet Foxes, Bellowhead, Villagers, The Burns Unit, The Ramshackle Union Band, Robyn Hitchcock, Sic Alps, The Gentle Good, The Travelling Band, Ellen and the Escapades, Our Broken Garden, Emily Barker, 2:54, Bleeding Heart Narrative, Mancub Babywoman, Tweak Bird, Polar Bear, Dry The River, and Wild Nothing. There are still two headliners, and many more acts to announce.

full list is now:

Fleet Foxes, Bellowhead, Villagers, The Burns Unit, The Ramshackle Union Band, Robyn Hitchcock, Sic Alps, The Gentle Good, The Travelling Band, Ellen and the Escapades, Our Broken Garden, Emily Barker, 2:54, Bleeding Heart Narrative, Mancub Babywoman, Tweak Bird, Polar Bear, Dry The River, and Wild Nothing. There are still two headliners, and many more acts to announce.

Explosions In The Sky,The Low Anthem,Holy F*ck,Hannah Peel,Lia Ices,The Leisure Society,Admiral Fallow, Duotone, Driver Drive Faster, Ute, Oh Ruin, The Doozer and Treecreeper.

great stuff there from GM