Summer Sundae 2011

Guest jackroy

I recall some thoughts that this may be the 10th & final Summer Sundae after the Richard Haswell hoohah.

Anyone know if the Council/Coda have confirmed it will continue? It would be a massive loss to the City if it was ended or taken elsewhere, it must bring in significant amounts of tourism & external income for shops/services etc.

Heres hoping that the festival continues into its 11th year and beyond and that the Council get behind those that organise it rather than criticising or actively trying to create problems.

• 2 weeks later...

im trying to bite my tongue.

however.......

typical leicester city council.

we need to make the festival larger, to make more money. so we need to move it to a larger park, and cash in big style.

er....councillor wann.....it's already next to a large park, so why on earth move it?????, and pay masses more money to plumb in electrics and lighting systems, when you've already done that once at the DMH gardens?

Edited by andyblack

hmmm, hope that the Council realise what a good thing they have got and good people in place to run it both internally and externally (CODA etc).

Here's hoping 2011 is another success, every year the festival gets a little bit better in terms of layout and management and if the music wasn't up to previous years, based on it selling out the Council may see the figures add up better than before

• 2 months later...

Yeah abbey park - further away from anything - though very nice surrounds.... and not sure how much camping and festival they could fit.... why don't they just expand further onto Victoria Park?

anyway inside info - a report is going to LCC's cabinet on the 13th December - we'll here any further news about SSW then I suspect.

Great news!

I wonder if Rob could confirm if there has been a delay and if so will it affect the ability of CODA to book acts. Whether its true or not I heard that was an issue at the 2010 festival because of the cloud hanging over the festival & RH (through no fault of anyone involved in the festival I hasten to add).

Anyway, heres to a 2011 and 11th Summer Sundae that will take the best of the previous festivals and add some new sprinkles of musical and festival delights.

Great news!

I wonder if Rob could confirm if there has been a delay and if so will it affect the ability of CODA to book acts. Whether its true or not I heard that was an issue at the 2010 festival because of the cloud hanging over the festival & RH (through no fault of anyone involved in the festival I hasten to add).

Anyway, heres to a 2011 and 11th Summer Sundae that will take the best of the previous festivals and add some new sprinkles of musical and festival delights.

Well it's good to know the festival is definitely on again.

Some might say that it's something of a leap of faith to buy tickets before any acts are announced, but I have to say that I do really enjoy this festival very much indeed,and my attitude has always been that I will have a great time, and it's a bonus if there are acts playing that I really like.

We will probably be amongst the early birds!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...