Sunday night! Fires

Guest Hayles

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all busybodies and total w*nkers though, we don't need another health and safety law, they've just run out of useful ones to make up.

If it looks like they have a job to do they won't get the sack. Any good man would admit their job is obsolete and leave the field.

Edited by Mega Ross

They could take the council to court and protest the idiocy if they actually gave a shit, but apparently they don't. Maybe they wouldn't win but at least it'd show they cared enough about their following if they were to try.

I dont know why OP are having a go at the festival organisers for spioling things, you should be having a go at the pricks who cant behave themselves on a Sunday night, theyre the ones who have spoiled things.

Ive been to a fair few different festivals and Leeds is the only one that Ive seen fires and burning of peoples stuff on the last night. If it doesnt happen at other festivals then by rights it shouldnt happen at Leeds/Reading, but it does so the organisers/coucil ect have had to act.

It might not be like this forever as im sure if peoples mindsets about what goes on on the last night changes then the rules might be relaxed. Im sure for years certain groups of people have gone to Leeds/Reading with the understanding that "it kicks off" on the last night and that itd be great to join in, this could be the festivals way of changing that mindset.

Id much rather have a festival for years to come with no fires on the last night than have no festival at all.

They are the silly w*nkers behind health and safety laws. Council I guess if we're generalising.

The amount of new and pointless laws they are coming up with is retarded, I mean seriously, do they think everyone just keeled over and died 40-50 years ago without all these silly regulations. And it's not just this, things like using 5 seperate chopping boards in the kitchen, having fire doors in every room but now you've got to have the seals on the frame instead of the door, the rear braking lights have to be of a certain distance apart, specification, size and basically any other parameter these idiots can control.

They ran out of useful safety laws when the ones which were dictated common sense were made, now they're just a bunch of meddling tossers clinging to a job which is a burden on society.

They are the silly w*nkers behind health and safety laws. Council I guess if we're generalising.

The amount of new and pointless laws they are coming up with is retarded, I mean seriously, do they think everyone just keeled over and died 40-50 years ago without all these silly regulations. And it's not just this, things like using 5 seperate chopping boards in the kitchen, having fire doors in every room but now you've got to have the seals on the frame instead of the door, the rear braking lights have to be of a certain distance apart, specification, size and basically any other parameter these idiots can control.

They ran out of useful safety laws when the ones which were dictated common sense were made, now they're just a bunch of meddling tossers clinging to a job which is a burden on society.

Edited by swede

To be fair I watched my mate and his missus, who had gone to Leeds every year from 2004-2008 pack up at 4 in the morning in 2008, leave their tent behind, and drive home because the campsite around us was starting to look like a scene from Apolcalypse Now. Theyve never been back since and have said they'll never go back. After seeing that the no fire rule for Sundays is fine by me. Thank god for silly w*nkers with their health and safety !

You aren't quite understanding the concept though, massive fires and all the crap on the sunday was never allowed.

They've just banned fires from normal people.

Edited by rexclark

One which they've revoked from normal festival goers with little justification.

And I understand it's easy enough to put a fire out if it gets too big. It's not difficult to spot a bunch of idiots with the wrong kind of fire and they manage to control them for the rest of the festival.

I want security to stop treating us like children and f**king our night up so they can have a quiet night on the sunday.

Because putting forward my views on a site designed specifically for that counts as whining like a little bitch.

Security and the staff caused this by all their bitching and moaning, it was fine as it was. It's as if they think the night shift is for sleeping, it's for working, been there done that. Man up.

I won't waste a stamp on festival republic, useless pricks they are, and you know where I am sunday night. I look forward to your arrival :)

Because putting forward my views on a site designed specifically for that counts as whining like a little bitch.

Security and the staff caused this by all their bitching and moaning, it was fine as it was. It's as if they think the night shift is for sleeping, it's for working, been there done that. Man up.

I won't waste a stamp on festival republic, useless pricks they are, and you know where I am sunday night. I look forward to your arrival :)

It was fine as it was, security just did a very poor job at crowd control so they bought in unneccassary measures.

Most of the security are still rude goons and treat people like they're irresponsible children, I've worked in security before, been SIA licenced since last august. It's clear to me the staff are poorly trained and don't actually give a shit about people enjoying the festival.

Got a girlfriend, got a life and I'm having my fires. Light and heat to keep the party going, to keep the festival spirit alive.

Drinking when it is dark and cold is not my idea of a good night.

Edited by Mega Ross