What do those who saw Blink at Leeds make of this?

Guest Weekend Cigarette Smoker

Ye mate, can't you remember Blink saying after one song. "We can't properly compare yet but we're pretty sure Leeds kicks the shit out of Reading already, despite what we might say tomorrow we still mean it"... Something along the lines of that.

Just a simple thing to make everyone go Wooooooooh.

I dunno, I was at the front for Blink and was a bit pissed with the crowd at Leeds as it seemed no1 was singing along with them, or if they were it was only for one or two songs, no1 was jumping around so I musta been annoying people. I was like christ, this is the last band of the day, your obvs here for Blink and you stand here all static! Apart from that, I had a really good time, I left them too it and made sure I was jumping around and singing. Also, before I got the front (I was about 4 rows back till 1/4 the way thru) there were a couple next to me, watching it all on the big screen to the right, when you could clearly see the stage from where they were, I mean we were all fecking close, that annoyed me as they were fced in totally the wrong direction for no reason at all. Eugh.

Edited by rachface

Looked through NME's festival reports yesterday and they were in general just crap. All of the stories on there seemed to be based on a random

quote taken more seriously than was intended or out of context. I know they have to fill that site with something but most of their festival articles

were pretty pathetic.

I dunno, I was at the front for Blink and was a bit pissed with the crowd at Leeds as it seemed no1 was singing along with them, or if they were it was only for one or two songs, no1 was jumping around so I musta been annoying people. I was like christ, this is the last band of the day, your obvs here for Blink and you stand here all static! Apart from that, I had a really good time, I left them too it and made sure I was jumping around and singing. Also, before I got the front (I was about 4 rows back till 1/4 the way thru) there were a couple next to me, watching it all on the big screen to the right, when you could clearly see the stage from where they were, I mean we were all fecking close, that annoyed me as they were fced in totally the wrong direction for no reason at all. Eugh.

Edited by nelliesblink182

I'm more annoyed at the fact they were shite. I felt sorry for Mark and Travis having to put up with Tom, trust me i'm a big fan but that show on saturday night was f**king piss poor.

They unfortunately have joined the list of bands who have reformed on the back of making ridiculous amounts of money.

New album will be piss poor and they'll split for real within 2 years.

I really enjoyed them, but yeah as someone said they say it to get the crowd going as there's always rivalry between R&L but i heard a few of the main stage bands say "well at least you guys at Leeds got the weather" and i remember someone saying "you'll be happy to know it's pissing down in reading!" followed by a huge cheer from us :P

Not really arsed that they said reading were "kick ass", i enjoyed the set and i know thousands of other people did... so does it really matter?

Okay so they weren't the most note perfect band of the weekend, they weren't the most technical, but they were one of the most nostalgic and fun and for me that's what festivals are about, having a good time! Wouldn't think twice about going to see them again.

They were obviously gonna take the piss at both festivals thats what Blink do.Plus crowd was mad where i was at the very front 3 rows from the fence slightly to the left of mark.I think they were the best band of the weekend for everything combined.GnR were probs best based on musicall ability alone though