Creamfields Was a Disaster

Guest Dom Ford

My Reason for Not going again, i think after you read this you will understand why.

Fair enough saturday day was booming, got there just after 12 pitched up the tent. Got Liquored!

had a good time @ the ape tent, rusko was great! DeadMau5 was TOO busy! couldnt move let alone dance! Lots of Trouble causing Stereotypical scoucers about (Location Trackies, starting fights etc)

so i left mainstage.. went to watch pete tong. I was having a blast!

Went back to my tent at about 12 for a power nap before going back to watch Crookers at 2.00am. One of my friends was intoxicated, its safe to say he wasnt going anywhere that night so myself and another lad decided to stay back with him!

he fell asleep and i got my head down myself..

@ 4am, was awoken by a load of loud mouth scoucers.. walking around near our tents shouting "check that big one there", "ive got another iphone lads" & "ive got a knife, who wants cutting" so naturally i froze in my tent pretty much in terror as i had just woken up not knowing weather any of my friends were about... i hear one scoucer shouting "give us yer wallet and all your money" and the reply he got was "i havent got anything on me" after that reply i hear screams you only hear in films, horriffic". i heard them run off, one claiming he would get done for manslaughter if he was caught. After i knew they had gone, without touching my small tent. i got out and checked the tents. Just so happened that my friend that was paraletic had been confronted them when they were rummaging through the front of his tent. one booted him in the face one was punching him and another hit him over the head several times with a mallet. Ive never seen so much blood in one place, all over the tent! covered his face in blood along with the scars, broken nose black eyes and a 6cm long, 2cm deep gash reaching his scull in the top of his head!

he got rushed to hospital, and we left the fields shortly after 5am after if took the police about 40 minuted to arrive. Later on sunday we recieved the news that one of the lads in a tent local to us got slashed across his eye with a blade when he was confronted for his wallet in the early hours of the morning.

i appreciate it if you have took the time to read this, and hope you all had a good time whilst you were there. Just please remember this and be careful next year if you go and camp again!

EDIT: Just found out that the lad involved was intoxicated but knowingly wasnt on any drugs.

Dom

Edited by Dom Ford

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

stereotypical scousers yeah?... track suit wearing dickheads that are SCALLIE'S... not all scousers are the same.

I think it is disgusting what these knobheads get away with... its a f**king joke... if I was you I would tell your mate to seek legal advice and rape James Barton and the Cream organisation in court for not supplying adequate security and policing of the camp site's...

If they spent a bit of time using that drone over the campsite's rather than the creamfields site of the event I believe there would be a lot less theft and fighting and whatnot.

I am sorry that things like this happen... but they do happen everywhere... not just at creamfields and its not always just scousers handing out hidings and beatings..

Oh my god thats awful!! Hope ur friend is ok.

I was saying to my bf last night how surprised i was that i didnt see any trouble!!! We both agreed that everyone we cam across seemed ok and just there to enjoy themselves. We were camping in Hospitality. I never once saw anything bad going on, all the people around us were nice and we all said we would look out for each others things.

Worse things that happened to us was our fold up chair was stolen - £2.60 i paid for it so wasnt bothered.

I was really surprised reading that.

Guest musiclove123

My Reason for Not going again, i think after you read this you will understand why.

Fair enough saturday day was booming, got there just after 12 pitched up the tent. Got Liquored!

had a good time @ the ape tent, rusko was great! DeadMau5 was TOO busy! couldnt move let alone dance! Lots of Trouble causing Stereotypical scoucers about (Location Trackies, starting fights etc)

so i left mainstage.. went to watch pete tong. I was having a blast!

Went back to my tent at about 12 for a power nap before going back to watch Crookers at 2.00am. One of my friends took a turn for the worst with the affects of alcohol and drugs! its safe to say he wasnt going anywhere that night so myself and another lad decided to stay back and look after him!

got him off to sleep after about an hour of being sick, got my head down myself..

@ 4am, was awoken by a load of loud mouth scoucers.. walking around near our tents shouting "check that big one there", "ive got another iphone lads" & "ive got a knife, who wants cutting" so naturally i froze in my tent pretty much in terror as i had just woken up not knowing weather any of my friends were about... i hear one scoucer shouting "give us yer wallet and all your money" and the reply he got was "i havent got anything on me" after that reply i hear screams you only hear in films, horriffic". i heard them run off, one claiming he would get done for manslaughter if he was caught. After i knew they had gone, without touching my small tent. i got out and checked the tents. Just so happened that my friend that was paraletic had been confronted them when they were rummaging through the front of his tent. one booted him in the face one was punching him and another hit him over the head several times with a mallet. Ive never seen so much blood in one place, all over the tent! covered his face in blood along with the scars, broken nose black eyes and a 6cm long, 2cm deep gash reaching his scull in the top of his head!

he got rushed to hospital, and we left the fields shortly after 5am after if took the police about 40 minuted to arrive. Later on sunday we recieved the news that one of the lads in a tent local to us got slashed across his eye with a blade when he was confronted for his wallet in the early hours of the morning.

i appreciate it if you have took the time to read this, and hope you all had a good time whilst you were there. Just please remember this and be careful next year if you go and camp again!

Thanks,

Dom

thats awful?? was this in the red campsite? there were a load of scousers camped behind me who were talking about all the people they had robbed and slashed, they also talked about a girl they had raped and how they were worried about the police cos one of them was already on a charge for rape. I didnt hear everything they were saying cos I was drifting in and out of sleep but the police turned up, raided their thent and arrested them at some point. There was alot less of them the next night but they were still going on about robbing and stuff. They talked about how they attacked a comoatose guy and cut his wristband off, they were gonna sell it. I got the impression half of them had sneaked in to join their mates in the campsite.

I presumed they were mouthing off to sound big to their mates or something so I wasnt too scared even tho I was a female sleeping in a tent on my own. I have heard alot of stuff now that seems to confirm that they were not jokin. The next morn when I got up at 10am they were all gone but they had set their tent on fire. When I realised the tent was on fire and almost about to set mine on fire I jumped out and had to practically rip my tent out the ground to get it out of the way of the fire.

Maybe they were trying to burn the evidence of all their robbing, it was a massive tent and sounded like there was loads in there. The police turned up straight away and started asking questions but everyone just played dumb, i was going mad asking everyone what happenned as if I was asleep I could have been badly injured cos I had 2 gas cannisters in my tent for my stove.

The fire brigade people put it out tho. All the people who I had been drinking with over the weekend just ignored me, it was weird??

I am never camping again at creamfields! hotel for me if I ever go again!

thats awful?? was this in the red campsite? there were a load of scousers camped behind me who were talking about all the people they had robbed and slashed, they also talked about a girl they had raped and how they were worried about the police cos one of them was already on a charge for rape. I didnt hear everything they were saying cos I was drifting in and out of sleep but the police turned up, raided their thent and arrested them at some point. There was alot less of them the next night but they were still going on about robbing and stuff. They talked about how they attacked a comoatose guy and cut his wristband off, they were gonna sell it. I got the impression half of them had sneaked in to join their mates in the campsite.

I presumed they were mouthing off to sound big to their mates or something so I wasnt too scared even tho I was a female sleeping in a tent on my own. I have heard alot of stuff now that seems to confirm that they were not jokin. The next morn when I got up at 10am they were all gone but they had set their tent on fire. When I realised the tent was on fire and almost about to set mine on fire I jumped out and had to practically rip my tent out the ground to get it out of the way of the fire.

Maybe they were trying to burn the evidence of all their robbing, it was a massive tent and sounded like there was loads in there. The police turned up straight away and started asking questions but everyone just played dumb, i was going mad asking everyone what happenned as if I was asleep I could have been badly injured cos I had 2 gas cannisters in my tent for my stove.

The fire brigade people put it out tho. All the people who I had been drinking with over the weekend just ignored me, it was weird??

That sounds awful.

I was on the Red campsite and there were quite a lot of dodgy people about.

There was a large group of scousers in the tent infront of us, and when we nipped back to our tent at about 1am before Armin Van Buuren started they said "Dont worry about your tent lads we'll keep an eye on it", which we thought was dodgy. But we got back and nothing had been touched.

Didn't see any trouble at all during the whole event so quite supprised to hear about all this.

Edited by Chris_

I.ve been feeling pretty angry reading about this. Where's security and the police when you need them? My thoughts are with those affected. Don't blame scousers though, it's the thugs and thieves, chavs and scallies - people who don't know how to behave. Security and police can surely spot them - we all can. . . We had a really chilled efest camp in yellow. What we need is an even bigger one next year for efesters to enjoy what Cream Fields should be about.

Edited by ChrisS

Guest musiclove123

Very sad to read this, never been to Creamfields, partly for the reputation it has concerning stuff like this happening. It makes me particularly sad as I am a scouser, though I know exactly what these twats are lik.

What I find surprising is that there is absolutely no reference to these incidents in the news - I'd have thought the Liverpool Echo might carry at least a sentence or two in it's usual rose tinted, gushing reports.

James Barton is a revered part of the establishment in Liverpool now, seems he's untouchable. It also seems that revoking Creamfield's licence isn't up for question. Cheshire constabulary stay tight lipped on these matthers and, no doubt, come next August will again recite their approach to drug use. Meanwhile, accounts on the ground suggest more criminality every year, that's nowt to do with drugs.

It all gets swept under the carpet, and everyone makes a nice big fat packet of cash...

They definitely need more security in the camp sites, I am a seasoned festival goer and have been to v fest loads of times, they have security all over the place, sort of sat up in really high stations with torches, they can see everything from up there. The first police I saw in red were on the monday morning.

The rape thing is really making me feel sick now. To think that as a female I was camped alone next to them guys, I was with two other girls but we didnt have a big enough tent for all 3. They said that they kept mentioning us by saying 'them girls from manchester' The next day I just shrugged it all off by saying that they were probably just getting carried away with banter after too much booze/drugs.

Someone must have reported them cos my friends said the police raided the tent and took some of them away.

@Dom Ford I hope they were the ones responsible for attacking your mate and I hope he makes a full recovery. Try not to feel too guilty. I probably would have done the same, its just not something you expect when everyone is having such a good weekend. Its truly awful, some people really are the scum of the earth.

What I find surprising is that there is absolutely no reference to these incidents in the news - I'd have thought the Liverpool Echo might carry at least a sentence or two in it's usual rose tinted, gushing reports.

James Barton is a revered part of the establishment in Liverpool now, seems he's untouchable. It also seems that revoking Creamfield's licence isn't up for question. Cheshire constabulary stay tight lipped on these matthers and, no doubt, come next August will again recite their approach to drug use. Meanwhile, accounts on the ground suggest more criminality every year, that's nowt to do with drugs.

It all gets swept under the carpet, and everyone makes a nice big fat packet of cash...

I'm really gutted to hear about such incidents at Creamfields this year. I didn't attend so can't comment but have been to the previous 9 and have only ever seen minor incidents and never been involved in anything myself. Let's be clear about this though, it happens all over and is not limited to Creamfields or Scousers. Some friends of mine went to Leeds Festival and their tent got trashed along with loads of others being set on fire, sometimes with people in them. Having said all this, I alwaya go Hospitality nowadays and never camp, staying in the Travelosge at Preston Brook.

I hope all those that have been affected by these incidents recover well and I also hope it doesn't put others off going in the future. Lettin these scum spoil it for everyone would be a real shame. I'll be back next year and i'll be applying the same common sense principles I always apply regarding hiding valuables, not wandering alone in dark spots, not allowing the women in the group to wander alone even to the toilet etc, etc. I know it's a shame that you have to be on your guard but it's now the way of the world in this country and i'd rather do that and still be able to enjoy myself.