Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See it for what it is and its only for 30 minutes. Out of the many we approached he was the most supportive of our overall cause. The reaction is what we expected and hoped for in some respect and now we will wait until May to see if we was right or not, same as last year.

"Cheeky-mania. That's the only way I can describe sunday at Bearded Theory. If the Cheeky Girls turned up at any other festival, you'd expect them to be booed off stage in a haze of wee-filled bottles. I was expecting Daphne and Celeste a la Reading all over again. However, what I actually got was utter madness: the girls were not only cheered and embraced, they were celebrated. The site was peppered with grown men dressed as half-naked Transylvanians, many daubed with the now infamous phrase "Touch my bum". The crowd that gathered at the Beard Top stage for their performance was the biggest for I saw for this tent throughout the weekend. When the sisters of Cheek finally emerged they were greeted an eruption of applause - there was dancing and singing galore. A sight I never thought I'd see.

"Cheeky-mania. That's the only way I can describe sunday at Bearded Theory. If the Cheeky Girls turned up at any other festival, you'd expect them to be booed off stage in a haze of wee-filled bottles. I was expecting Daphne and Celeste a la Reading all over again. However, what I actually got was utter madness: the girls were not only cheered and embraced, they were celebrated. The site was peppered with grown men dressed as half-naked Transylvanians, many daubed with the now infamous phrase "Touch my bum". The crowd that gathered at the Beard Top stage for their performance was the biggest for I saw for this tent throughout the weekend. When the sisters of Cheek finally emerged they were greeted an eruption of applause - there was dancing and singing galore. A sight I never thought I'd see.

Like I say Rapid, lets wait until May and find out. We might be wrong, we might be right but we wont know until his 30 minutes. When we announced the Cheeky Girls we got the same reaction and everyone, including me, didnt expect how successful it proved to be.

Edited by Rich BT

Like I say Rapid, lets wait until May and find out. We might be wrong, we might be right but we wont know until his 30 minutes. When we announced the Cheeky Girls we got the same reaction and everyone, including me, didnt expect how successful it proved to be.

Well, jeezus, what's happened here then! :huh:

Dunno where to start, as when Rich called me and said "Wagner", I couldn't believe it. "Serious?" "How much?" "No f**king way!" "We have to."

I can't tell you about the sequence of events that led to this conversation, but this was joyous news. There was actually a choice to be made, and in my head, "Wagner" won every debate, and I convinced Rich of the same.

Have we got it wrong? I remember there being some hostility towards the Cheeky Girls when we first announced them, but the vitriolomometer does appear to be reading higher. I'm not so dull as to try and read back to this time last year, so I'll go with the vitriolomometer.

I don't really give a toss about Simon Cowell, I don't watch his programmes and I don't listen to anything where I may be in danger of hearing recorded music from his invincible stable. Is Wagner signed to Syco? I'm not bothered either way. Should I be? I shop at Tesco, work for Poundland, what's the difference?

I love great music, that's the reason I do Bearded Theory. Does Simon Cowell threaten that, threaten great music? Not at all. Wagner is a bit of fun, people, and we can all do with an extra dose of fun in our lives. If he comes out to the same reception afforded the Cheeky Girls last year, he'll think it's a blummin big bonus. If he comes out to a frenzy of boos, he'll ham it to the max. You'll be hating yourselves for loving to hate him or loving yourselves for hating to love him. And everyone's a winner.

See you at the Big Top about 1pm Sunday. Boo-o-mometer in hand.

Not me, I'll be listening to my kids doing fiddle-de-dee stuff that day. Glad I'm not going to be missing some old-time high camp like the alas-failed efforts to get Right Said Fred, but Wagner may do. It's certainly got people yattering.

One difference though. Cheeky Girls were around 7 years ago last year. Wagner is barely off the TV screens. Hope that's not significant.