Bearded Theory 2011

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 854
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bearded Theory 2011 will take place at beautiful Kedleston Hall Estate, in Derbyshire.

Kedleston Hall is only a couple of miles away from Bradley Nook Farm and will hopefully become our new permanent home for many years to come. This is obviously subject to our PERMANENT premises license application.

We will have SIX stages offering a wide variety of simultaneous music programming. Away from the music we will have the Lady Bird Cabaret Tent, Gail’s open mic tea tent, HUGE children’s village, craft workshops, creative arts and much more.

Kedleston3.jpg

Phil. Wierdigans have been stalwarts at Solfest and Knockengorroch for a long while. The place to see them in their prime is at Knockengorroch with the viking long house and their wonderful hospitality. I have done no festivals this year but my one regret is not being able to go to Wierdigans in the early hours for a chilli hot chocolate. I have mentioned them to BT and Alchemy in the past but you need to see them to believe them.

My eldest daughter went off to Solfest on her own this year working, with her older brother in tow. They both made a point of ringing me once they got sat on the carpeted floor in Wierdigans. I missed the chocolate, the cake, the floor, my boots but most of all the friendlyness.

Me and Viking Jeff don't get on, but I know that he will sing the praises of BT to Elf, and vice versa and that is praise indeed. BT would just be that much more special if Wierdigans attended :)

-we sampled the delights of Weirdigan at the excellent Eden festival and would love to see them at BT

-great area to chill out in, lovely cakes, enjoyed the acoustic entertainment with the lovely hot stove as well!

-get 'em to BT, please!

Edited by just7

Hi

The payment plan was done in 2 phases ( apologies about our current website not being very clear).

Quay Tickets Payment plan is as follows:-

 Buy in June 2010 and pay early October 2010 (at the old rate excluding the VAT increase).

 Buy in October 2010 and pay at the end of February 2011 (including the VAT increase).

Please be aware that the prices increase from Monday mainly due to the VAT increase that starts in January 2011. The majority of our expenditure is in 2011 hence the reason for having to increase the amount in advance.

Quay Tickets are our main ticket agent and sell tickets online via www.quaytickets.co.uk or over the phone 08432 081 835.

The festival now has someone in our office every day so we can start taking cheque and postal order payments for tickets. In the next couple of weeks we will be announcing a host of Tourist Information Centres around the UK that will be selling tickets over the counter - last year HMV and Waterstones made a complete mess of this facility!

The cheapest way to buy tickets is via the Bearded Theory online shop due to smaller booking fees but ticket agents do offer more security when purchasing your ticket. www.beardedtheory.co.uk/shop

Please remember that Quay Tickets are a registered charity who put all their profit back into deprived areas in the UK to support art and youth club facilities.

We are overhauling our current website at present and we should have a new one running mid October to coincide with the Sunday double headline announcement and a press release regarding our new home (which you already know about).

The new website will be much better and will have better information on tickets, more features/options including a Beard history page, improved shop facility, 2011 record attempt download documents (after this year’s cock up - however we are record holders but not by Guiness - long story but will be announced as soon as we have it official), festival history tab, beard mask templates, Magical Sounds section, improved news section, press clippings and an improved children’s page.