Wintersleep

Guest DragKnuckles

Hi All,

I have had "Welcome to the Night Sky" for a while and I really like it...well rounded songs, catchy choruses and a very appealing voice. However, I have just received "New Inheritors" and I am pretty disappointed. Is it just me or does this album seem like a step back for them? Paul Murphy actually sounds like a different guy singing? Both the quality of the songs and the production seem a little "off". Agree? Or am I being pre-judgemental and it is a grower?

Just makes me hope for the likes of "Search Party", "Weighty Ghost" and "Drunk on Aluminium" even more late night in the Tipi!

Sorry to moan...I was very excited about this album and feel a wee bit deflated...

Knuckles x

I'm a bit opposite here - hadn't heard them till investigating them after they were announced - so i heard New Interiors first and prefer it to Welcome to the Night Sky, especially love Experience the Jewel and Mausoleum.

Would so though that WTTNS is the more consistent album but for me the highs of NI outweigh the few lows.