1st time

Guest lamstonite

beautiful!

was my 1st time at BD and 1st festival since glade 06.

i'd kind of given up on festivals as the hassles were begining to outweigh the pluses, and having my daughter 3 years ago changed the way i looked at things but...

what a fantastic weekend! Top vibe, top people, amazing site

Dreadzone rocked it! The Levellers were incredible, loved British Sea Power, Fishermans Friends, Katherine Williams and Stornaway too.

But i loved the atmosphere most of all. smiles all round and never saw any agro moodiness. beautiful.

Put my faith back in the festival scene!

(and didn't do any drugs either!)

My first time too. It was a lovely fest, great to see it was so child friendly too, all the children I saw seemed to be having a great time, not least when they were beating the Levellers at a game of football. (Admittedly a couple of parents cheated by ensuring the children's goal was too small for the Levellers to score in)

There was no aggro, and I didn't hear about any tent thefts (a first for the festivals I've been to)

This year was our sixth, and though fiddling and ska aren't my favourite types of music, I wouldn't miss the festival for the world.

Best atmosphere, friendliest punters, you feel welcome and looked after rather than just feeling like a wallet on legs.

To me, it always feels like a big family party, I love seeing the little kids having a brilliant time and the endless patience of (most of) their parents, the costumes, the weird and wonderful performers wandering around the site and just about everything else about it.

See you next year!

Yes I found it to be very friendly and relaxed. I loved how happy the kids seemed. They even got involved with my free hugs sign I made. Iwas standing there having a fag and a tin and this little girl no older than 3 run up and hugged my leg. Was sweet.

Lol - that was you! Saw you standing with sign beneath the arch entrance to the Arena camping field, then later on walking across the Arena itself. You were getting mobbed every now and again! Didn't you camp round the corner with Lucy et al at Strudderville?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love going to festivals. I suppose it has something to do with the positive vibe that goes around merry making places that makes me go back for more. Plus as the OP has mentioned, the smile that you get and see around was endless and contagious. :) I love it and I can't wait to go to the next one. :):)

• 4 months later...