Boiling water.

Guest LostmySoul

Hexi burners are brilliant for boiling kettles. I got 1 of them and the tablets needed for £3.99. Bit shit for doing food on though. We're taking one with about 24 tablets and it'll be good for what we need. Don't use the Gelert shit though - use the proper hexamine tablets. Keep them away from your tent and if you are concerned about the blades of grass underneath then prop one up on a brick or something.

Advantages - cheap, easy to use, easy to light, oddly enough lasts for exactly the same amount of it takes to boil a kettle, lightweight, long shelf life

Disadvantages - don't sit too close to them, try your best not to breathe in the fumes, wash your hands after you use them

Hexi burners are brilliant for boiling kettles. I got 1 of them and the tablets needed for £3.99. Bit shit for doing food on though. We're taking one with about 24 tablets and it'll be good for what we need. Don't use the Gelert shit though - use the proper hexamine tablets. Keep them away from your tent and if you are concerned about the blades of grass underneath then prop one up on a brick or something.

Advantages - cheap, easy to use, easy to light, oddly enough lasts for exactly the same amount of it takes to boil a kettle, lightweight, long shelf life

Disadvantages - don't sit too close to them, try your best not to breathe in the fumes, wash your hands after you use them

Silly question but, if i was to go to a food van and ask them to fill up my pot noodle if i offered them a quid or so. Would it work?

Or can i just ask for a cup of hot water...

I don't really mind if it's only half full food is food.

Cheers.

Silly question but, if i was to go to a food van and ask them to fill up my pot noodle if i offered them a quid or so. Would it work?

Or can i just ask for a cup of hot water...

I don't really mind if it's only half full food is food.

Cheers.

In my camping experience you really get what you pay for with spirit stoves, much more than with gas burners. Just pay the extra money to have a stove that lights perfectly everytime regardless of how windy things are. although the Eurohike one looks better than most the backdraft will often put the stove out, hence the need for a high necked stove like the trangia.