question.

Guest saskofreak

right i know how stupid this is going to sound, but the day i go to leeds a certain film is out, and i wont be able to do anything until i see it so i want to go set up my tent then go to leeds to watch it.

so my question is this, which is the best way to get to leeds on the wednesday from the campsite?

any help would be lovely.

right i know how stupid this is going to sound, but the day i go to leeds a certain film is out, and i wont be able to do anything until i see it so i want to go set up my tent then go to leeds to watch it.

so my question is this, which is the best way to get to leeds on the wednesday from the campsite?

any help would be lovely.

You don't 'have' to watch the film. It's not an essential event on par with, say, seeing The Dark Knight on the first day it's released in IMAX. In years to come people won't ask, "were you there when Scott Pilgrim vs. The World was at the cinema?" - it's just some half-arsed American film wih Edgar Wright at the helm and people will go in expecting the same as Shaun of the Dead or Hot Fuzz. It hasn't even got that many good reviews, and if Kevin Smith is beefing it up in the media then it makes me feel even less inclined to watch it.

Being at Leeds on wednesday enables you to wind down with a few thousand other people and drink your beer before the storm of a few thousand more people comes and makes everything complicated. Make the most of your early bird ticket instead of wasting it by pissing off into the city centre to watch a film that'll be there when you get back home.

A football match is a bit different, Gregor1984. That's an event. Won't happen again - all you can do is treasure the memories. Leeds is an event too. In your case I would have just waited until the week after to watch Liverpool (or better yet, waited until this year to see if they had a half-decent team and manager :P). Both are events.

With a film, you can watch it in a cinema time and time again, buy it on Blu Ray or DVD, download it in a torrent - whatever you do, you'll always have it there when you want it. On a scale of importance, seeing a film as insignificant as Scott Pilgrim vs. The World - I mean, it simply cannot compete with something like Leeds Festival. Where is the conflict? What even possesses you to think that such a thing is a problem? You need to be clinically insane to think it's an issue.

I don't mean to wax lyrical here but 2 years ago, I went to the IMAX in Birmingham to see The Dark Knight on the first day it was released - I've never seen a crowd like it for a film. I've seen less violent gates at Elland Road. That was an event. Scott Pilgrim vs. The World? No thanks. Leeds Festival is a far more important experience in a kid's life - and I'm assuming you're quite young because I can't imagine an adult kicking up such a hoo-ha about a novelty film like Scott Pilgrim vs. The World.

A football match is much different however in my case unless it was a Derby there would be no chance in me missing any of the festival. I mean its too early in the season to be thinking about what your team is expected to do.

For a film its the most ridiculous notion that I've heard.

I got a question (didn't know where else to put this).

I get to Leeds around 7/8pm on the Friday and want to get my wristband and go straight into the arena with my huge bag I'm bringing for the weekend. Should I be allowed in with it or will I need to drop it off in the campsite first?

I got a question (didn't know where else to put this).

I get to Leeds around 7/8pm on the Friday and want to get my wristband and go straight into the arena with my huge bag I'm bringing for the weekend. Should I be allowed in with it or will I need to drop it off in the campsite first?

Depends whats in there, any of this then nope.

o Glass – no glass is allowed onsite

o Gas canisters, aerosols over 250ml, Petrol cookers/burners

o Illegal substances

o Portable Laser Equipment and Pens

o Unauthorised Professional Film or Video Equipment

o Audio Recorders

o Air Horns

o Spray Cans

o Fireworks

o Flares

o Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon

o You may be body searched at the entrance.

o Persons suspected of carrying items that may be used in an offensive or dangerous manner, or carrying out illegal activities onsite may be searched.

o Excessive amounts of food, cigarettes and alcohol may be refused entry to the site. Please only bring enough for personal consumption.

o Chinese lanterns

All items will be confiscated.

In addition to the items, above, the following may not be brought into the arena:

Cans, glass, alcohol, flags, opened plastic bottles, illegal substances, portable laser equipment and pens, unauthorised professional film or video equipment, audio recorders, fireworks and flares.

b

I think booze could be a problem. I'd be sticking spirits in a plastic bottle and have been lucky getting into campsites in the past but never tried taking a big bag into the arena. Don't know how thorough their searches will be. I'll try and wing it though.