What are the best ways to get we*d into the festival?

Guest Craig_Clarke

Hey fellow reading goers... me and a few mates were thinking of taking a small amount of the marijuana substance into the festival...but our only concern is getting it past the damn fuzz on the 1st day!

What is the likelihood of us getting caught...are there any sniffer dogs? any thorough bag searchs?

and what is the best tips to get this wonderful stuff into the festival? maybe rolled up in a sock in my bag or simply just in my pocket?

YOU'VE GOTTA HELP ME GUYS - I WANNA BE SOOOO LEAN!!

you guys r just kill joys...

im sure i wont be the only guy looking to enjoy a little bakeyness over the festival activites!!

so was hoping for some serious tips on how to get this through the gates!

ahhhh rex...you are one step ahead of me!!

so what your saying is maybe i could hide my 'money' in a rolled up sock/ sprayed in febreeze/ and then hidden in the bottom of my bag somewhere?

They will have dogs at the train station, if you're driving then there shouldn't be any problem but if you're going by train you'll need to be careful. Make sure it's well hidden somewhere and wrapped up several times to lessen the smell. I've also read putting ground coffee or chili powder with it (in between layers of clingfilm) can put off dogs but I don't know for certain. The dogs at the station are the proper ones which means they can only do it for a short amount of time and then they need to go back to the van for a bit. Most of the time when there's a dog around they're just looking for people's reaction so play it cool.

dogs are able to seperate smells so putting it with coffee won't really do anything. But theres going to be so much going through the station that its basically just luck if you get caught or not.

Just take a small amount and if you are caught they won't do anything.

If you are really worried don't take any at all.

I don't do drugs but I'm sure it will be easier enough to buy some inside.

Edited by mooseman

This guy sounds like a right newb where drugs are concerned...don't forget to learn how to roll a joint before you go :rolleyes:

Anyway, serious advice: I've never seen dogs at the gates at Reading, or any other festival for that matter, but they do randomly search bags, so it's definitely worth hiding it in socks, a shampoo bottle or a fake container or something: http://www.everyonedoesit.com/online_headshop/Stash_Poker_Chips.cfm?iProductID=5782&iProductCategoryID=957

However, if there are dogs, it is very hard to disguise the smell because they can smell the traces of it on the outside of bags. I'd stay away from dogs at all cost. Although, apparently they can only work for short periods coz they get tired quickly, so might be worth waiting it out, if there are any.

Generally, just be cool about it and u should be allright, a lot of weed does get taken into the festival, but if your nervous on the gates of course they're gonna search you thoroughly.

Hey fellow reading goers... me and a few mates were thinking of taking a small amount of the marijuana substance into the festival...but our only concern is getting it past the damn fuzz on the 1st day!

What is the likelihood of us getting caught...are there any sniffer dogs? any thorough bag searchs?

and what is the best tips to get this wonderful stuff into the festival? maybe rolled up in a sock in my bag or simply just in my pocket?

YOU'VE GOTTA HELP ME GUYS - I WANNA BE SOOOO LEAN!!

Edited by Budweiser

Ive been stopped twice over the last few years by sniffer dogs at the station.

Quite funny really as neither time did I have anything (nor have I ever, not really my thing) but each time they were plain clothes and pretty much seemed to come out of nowhere.

Ive been stopped twice over the last few years by sniffer dogs at the station.

Quite funny really as neither time did I have anything (nor have I ever, not really my thing) but each time they were plain clothes and pretty much seemed to come out of nowhere.

Edited by FiestaDave