Who was your.........

Guest Joe-

Ive got to say I wasn't troubled by underage drinkers to any notable extent. In fact, I thought Victoria camping was quieter than usual at night and it was definitely left in a better state than previous years and the only trouble I had at a stage with a drunk was with a bloke definitely not underage but most definitely talking a right load of old bollox during the Mumfords. I just moved away.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My favourie acts were The Fall,Tuung,Caribou,Black Carrot,Erland and the Carnival and Spotlight Kid.

Biggest disappointment was not being able to stay on the sunday due to work stuff!! Would have loved to have seen Besnard Lakes and The Low Anthem but hey can't win them all.

First time i've been since 2006 and forgotten what a great well run festival it is and what other festival can you go to where you can pop out for a curry at midnight?!

Only gripe i had was i thought the main stage acts were a bit weak and very rarely went there but always something good on the other stages.Will definetly be back some time.

Once again absolutely first class event, great venue, good music, top notch food and drink and a friendly atmosphere which has become the defining feature of the event. Thanks to the organisers and to Mr and Mrs Beautifulloser who were great company through the weekend. And a special thank you to the bar staff across the event who were as friendly and efficient as ever. Also amazing job done by the Completewasters who kept the place spotless through the weekend.

Only one very minor criticism - maybe revisit the layout for next year because the paths from the real ale tent to the main and rising stages became very congested at times.

Best band - Eliza Doolittle, Roots Manuva and El Pussycat

Biggest let down - the weather being far worse than forecast and the speed with which Sunday night came around!

Best find - The Go! Team

Best moment of SSW 10 - The atmosphere in the Musician tent as El Pussycat launched into their first song "Be My Guest", everyone cheered and started dancing, and half a dozen SSW beach balls were launched simultaneously! This is the sort of scene which really makes the event for me and it was a great end to the three days.

One final word to the organisers - please keep it real with the prices next year. £3.50 for a pint is as high as it needs to go for the moment and was it really necessary to increase the prices of the programmes by 20% to £3 in one year?

Edited by Northeast-Corner

Had an excellent weekend having gone last year i thought this years line up was questionable but i was wrong and i saw some excellent acts. I agree with most in here that the under age drinking was well out of hand even thou on the Thursday security where going round taking beer of anyone underage.

We had a group of kids near us that never went sleep and thought it was a good idea to play with a megaphone at 4am in the morning.

Best act is a tie between mumford and sons and eliza dolittle who had the rising stage heaving with seasick steve, tinchy, and roots manuva a close second.

Let down to me was the errors on the indoor stage i just didn't get it sorry.

best find was lisse, riz mc, sekpta, devlin and caribou.

Again was an excellent weekend

Favourite Act: Turin Brakes, who were just.. ooft!.. but then I WOULD say that!!

Biggest let down: Errors. Just didn't work.

Best find (band wise): MEGAFAUN!!!! I am in love.

Best moment of SS'10?.. Hmm.. that'll remain sacred, I'm afraid ;)

Aaaand, I'm out!

Futureheads, Black Carrot, Go! Team, Fall, Errors, Besnard Lakes, Caribou where the highlights

Welldone to DMH staff and wasters for keeping so clean. The Vic bar carpet was totally trashed

lowlights changing bar prices, rain, Jose being on again (3 out the last 4 years) and not many bands of good quality, all the outdoor headliners. It the first year in 7 that I not seen any of the main stage headline acts